|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Socrates have to do to be allowed to ask questions again?
2. Who focused the debate on semantics?
3. What did Protagoras say all men should share with others?
4. How did Socrates feel about virtue being separated into parts?
5. What did Hippocrates NOT care about in his education?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Protagoras say about evil men?
2. How did Socrates respond when a door was slammed in his face?
3. What frustrated Socrates when he was speaking with Protagoras?
4. Why did the men try to set up a mediator?
5. What was Protagoras's big talent during the dialogue?
6. What made Socrates angry, and how did he respond to this?
7. What did Protagoras do to change the tone of the dialogue?
8. Why did Protagoras say it was important to punish evil men?
9. Why did a man slam a door in Socrates' face?
10. Why did Hippocrates stop by Socrates' house late at night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the mythological stories related in these dialogues, and what did they add to the discussions?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What was a sophist, and how did Socrates feel about them? How did this general idea of sophists shape the direction of the discussion in this book?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)