|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Socrates feel about virtue being separated into parts?
2. What did Socrates warn Hippocrates about when he came to the house late at night?
3. What was the main question Socrates asked Hippocrates when he came by the house late at night?
4. Who changed the method of inquiry in the dialogue between Socrates and Protagoras?
5. What benefit did Protagoras say wealthy men had over poor men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Socrates' big talent during the dialogue?
2. What frustrated Socrates when he was speaking with Protagoras?
3. Whom did Simonides criticize in his poem?
4. Why did Socrates not think Protagoras's educational plan would work?
5. To what did Protagoras compare the attributes of virtue?
6. What did Protagoras say about evil men?
7. Why did Hippocrates stop by Socrates' house late at night?
8. What did Protagoras say statesmen had done to promote virtue?
9. Why did Protagoras say it was important to punish evil men?
10. How did Protagoras make money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Protagoras used a very detailed analogy to present his idea on virtue. What was this analogy, what did it mean, and how did the people hearing this analogy respond to it?
Essay Topic 2
The people in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select two people and write their main motivation throughout the book, discussing how this goal affected the people around them.
Essay Topic 3
What was the poem by Simonides about, and how did this direct the dialogue between Protagoras and Socrates?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)