|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Meno define virtue?
(a) The desire to do good things.
(b) Having the five qualities of virtue.
(c) Having knowledge and using it.
(d) Being better than one was the day before.
2. Of what did Socrates say virtue would have to be a variety?
3. What did Socrates say shape had?
4. What was the occupation of the father of the third party in the dialogue between Meno and Socrates?
(b) Business man.
5. What did Protagoras say kept some men from doing good things?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Meno say Socrates' talk made other men feel?
2. What bad thing did Socrates say caused a greater good?
3. Why did Socrates say Meno did not understand acquiring things?
4. Which of the following did Socrates say gave people an advantage over others?
5. Who joined the dialogue between Socrates and Meno?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Meno not like the idea of virtuous living involving the acquisition of nothing?
2. Why did Socrates say he was honored to be speaking with Protagoras?
3. What did Anytus say after hearing the news of Protagoras's death?
4. What did Socrates think made one courageous?
5. Why did Socrates compare men to bees?
6. Why did Socrates say he could not teach virtue?
7. What did Socrates do with Meno to try to discover what virtue was?
8. What was Meno's main complaint while talking to Socrates?
9. What kind of things did Socrates say would bring long-term pleasures?
10. How did Socrates define fear?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)