|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Meno know Gorgias?
(a) He was his uncle.
(b) He was his nephew.
(c) He was his brother.
(d) He was his student.
2. What did Protagoras say kept some men from doing good things?
(b) All of the answers are correct.
3. Who joined the dialogue between Socrates and Meno?
4. What did Socrates say brave men were always ready to do?
(a) Stand up.
(b) Use their bodies.
(c) Learn wisdom.
(d) Do battle.
5. Which of these was NOT one of the good things Socrates said men should want?
(b) Public office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Meno compare Socrates to while explaining what he was infected with?
2. To what did Socrates have Meno apply his theory of learning?
3. For what did Protagoras charge fees?
4. What did Socrates say fear was?
5. What major element did Socrates use in his argument against Protagoras?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Socrates say he could not teach virtue?
2. What kind of things did Socrates say would bring long-term pleasures?
3. About what did Anytus warn Socrates?
4. What did Socrates say about immediate pleasures?
5. What did Socrates say men should compare to choose the right thing to do?
6. How did Socrates define shape?
7. What did Protagoras feel ashamed about after Socrates' statements about poetry?
8. Why did Socrates say cowards did not fight in battles?
9. What point did Protagoras try to make about pleasure?
10. Why did Socrates compare men to bees?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)