|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major element did Socrates use in his argument against Protagoras?
2. What did Socrates think men could actually learn from sophists?
3. How many parts of virtue did Protagoras say there were?
4. What kind of definitions did Meno like best?
(a) Theoretical definitions.
(b) Concrete definitions.
(c) Philosophical definitions.
(d) Rhetorical definitions.
5. What trait did Socrates say all brave men had?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of entertainment did Socrates say poetry was?
2. Who ended the dialogue between Protagoras and Socrates?
3. Why did Socrates say Meno did not understand acquiring things?
4. What did Pindar write?
5. What did Socrates say shape had?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Meno compare his conversation to Socrates with, and why?
2. What did Protagoras feel ashamed about after Socrates' statements about poetry?
3. What did Anytus say after hearing the news of Protagoras's death?
4. How did Socrates feel about poetry?
5. About what did Anytus warn Socrates?
6. What did Socrates do with Meno to try to discover what virtue was?
7. How did Socrates define shape?
8. What did Socrates say men should compare to choose the right thing to do?
9. How did Socrates use the idea of geometry in his discussion about pleasure?
10. What point did Protagoras try to make about pleasure?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)