|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joined the dialogue between Socrates and Meno?
2. What part of man did Pindar say was immortal?
(a) The mind.
(b) The memory.
(c) The body.
(d) The soul.
3. What attribute did Socrates say men in battle had to have?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
4. What did Socrates say virtue meant to leaders?
(a) Dealing with justice.
(b) Teaching followers.
(c) Having mercy.
(d) Having an objective mind.
5. Which of the following did Protagoras say sex caused?
(c) All of the answers are correct.
6. What did Meno say virtue was after Socrates talked about teaching?
(a) The power to get good things.
(b) The power to divine good from evil.
(c) The power to deny evil influences.
(d) The power to recollect good things.
7. Which of these did Socrates say shape also had?
8. Why did Protagoras not have a true hometown?
(a) His town was destroyed.
(b) He was an orphan.
(c) He was banished from his town.
(d) He traveled for a living.
9. How many parts of virtue did Protagoras say there were?
10. What did Socrates equate with being good?
11. What did Socrates say all good men had?
12. What did Socrates compare men to when talking to Meno?
13. What did Socrates say brave men were always ready to do?
(a) Do battle.
(b) Stand up.
(c) Learn wisdom.
(d) Use their bodies.
14. What did Socrates say were teachers' real responsibility?
(a) To create new substance.
(b) To help people recollect knowledge.
(c) To enhance worldly experiences.
(d) To inspire pupils.
15. What did Protagoras say made some men wrongly confident?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Socrates say all men should learn to do to gauge the greater good?
2. What did Protagoras say people were overcome by without knowledge?
3. What did Socrates often do when he wanted to learn new things?
4. What kind of diet did Socrates promote in his statement about pain?
5. How could a man not be virtuous when acquiring good things?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)