|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Socrates often do when he wanted to learn new things?
(a) Prayed for the wisdom.
(b) Paid an expert.
(c) Tapped into his inner knowledge.
(d) Read about it.
2. What did Socrates say controlled most men?
3. For what did Protagoras charge fees?
4. How did Meno say Socrates' talk made other men feel?
5. What did Pindar call knowledge?
6. What did Socrates say was Prometheus's best trait?
7. Why did Meno say some men got bad things?
(a) They were trying to get virtue.
(b) They did not know they were bad.
(c) They did not have virtue.
(d) They were cursed.
8. Which of these did Socrates say shape also had?
9. Why did Meno say the definition of virtue changed?
(a) It melded with the governments.
(b) It meant different things to different people.
(c) It fulfilled the gods' desires.
(d) It had many elements.
10. Who often schemed to conquer Greece in Socrates' time?
(a) The Theban Prince.
(b) The Pharaoh.
(c) The Senators of Rome.
(d) The King of Persia.
11. How did the third party in the discussion between Socrates and Meno feel about the people who taught virtue?
(a) He was afraid of them.
(b) He was confused by them.
(c) He agreed with them.
(d) He hated them.
12. What did Socrates equate with being good?
13. Why did Socrates say men liked to look at dancers?
(a) So they could be aroused.
(b) So they could express their emotions.
(c) So they could feel motivated.
(d) So they did not have to converse.
14. How did Socrates define shape?
(a) How one views certain objects.
(b) The visual representation of something.
(c) The outline of objects.
(d) That which accompanies something with color.
15. Whom did Socrates say was good all the time?
(b) The gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Meno define virtue?
2. What part of man did Pindar say was immortal?
3. How could a man not be virtuous when acquiring good things?
4. Of what did Socrates say virtue would have to be a variety?
5. What major element did Socrates use in his argument against Protagoras?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)