|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Protagoras describe a good life?
2. What kind of entertainment did Socrates say poetry was?
(b) Middle class.
(d) Second rate.
3. Which of these did Socrates say shape also had?
4. What did Socrates say were teachers' real responsibility?
(a) To inspire pupils.
(b) To enhance worldly experiences.
(c) To create new substance.
(d) To help people recollect knowledge.
5. What did Socrates claim was impossible?
(a) To please the gods.
(b) To be evil.
(c) To see the gods.
(d) To be good.
6. What did Socrates compare men to when talking to Meno?
7. How did Socrates define shape?
(a) How one views certain objects.
(b) The visual representation of something.
(c) That which accompanies something with color.
(d) The outline of objects.
8. What did Socrates' theory of learning give people the courage to do?
(a) Teach others.
(b) Get educated.
(c) Have faith.
(d) Let go of their past.
9. For what did Protagoras charge fees?
10. What did Socrates think men could actually learn from sophists?
11. What did Protagoras say kept some men from doing good things?
(c) All of the answers are correct.
12. What part of man did Pindar say was immortal?
(a) The soul.
(b) The body.
(c) The memory.
(d) The mind.
13. Which of these was NOT one of the good things Socrates said men should want?
(c) Public office.
14. What did Socrates say controlled most men?
15. What did Socrates teach to a person while talking with Meno?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Meno say he became infected with while talking to Socrates?
2. Who ended the dialogue between Protagoras and Socrates?
3. What did Socrates say shape had?
4. What did Socrates say virtue meant to leaders?
5. What did Socrates say caused courage in men?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)