|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Socrates say Meno did not understand acquiring things?
(a) He was old.
(b) He was young.
(c) He was rich.
(d) He was poor.
2. What did Socrates' theory of learning give people the courage to do?
(a) Have faith.
(b) Teach others.
(c) Let go of their past.
(d) Get educated.
3. Which of the following did Protagoras say sex caused?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
4. What was the occupation of the father of the third party in the dialogue between Meno and Socrates?
(c) Business man.
5. What did Socrates say all good men had?
6. Why did Socrates say men liked to look at dancers?
(a) So they did not have to converse.
(b) So they could feel motivated.
(c) So they could express their emotions.
(d) So they could be aroused.
7. What did Protagoras say made some men wrongly confident?
8. Which of these was NOT one of the good things Socrates said men should want?
(a) Public office.
9. Who was the goddess of the dead?
10. What kind of diet did Socrates promote in his statement about pain?
11. Who ended the dialogue between Protagoras and Socrates?
12. What did Socrates equate with being good?
13. What did Socrates say shaped a person's behavior?
(b) All of the answers are correct.
14. What did Socrates compare men to when talking to Meno?
15. How did Protagoras describe a good life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What attribute did Socrates say men in battle had to have?
2. What did Socrates teach to a person while talking with Meno?
3. How many parts of virtue did Protagoras say there were?
4. What did Socrates say caused courage in men?
5. Whom did Socrates say was good all the time?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)