|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, Line 330-337.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what did Protagoras say was the most important thing to spend money?
(b) Building materials.
2. Why did a porter slam a door in Socrates' face?
(a) Socrates had no money.
(b) He was instructed to do so.
(c) Socrates said something rude.
(d) He thought he was a sophist.
3. What did Socrates say his short memory did not allow him to do?
(a) Stay up late.
(b) Tolerate foolishness.
(c) Attend school.
(d) Listen to long speeches.
4. What did Protagoras say every man had access to?
5. What is the one thing everything has according to Socrates?
(a) A place.
(b) A definition.
(c) A use.
(d) An opposite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Socrates say temperance could not be a part of virtue?
2. How often did Protagoras say his students would improve?
3. What frustrated Socrates most when talking to Protagoras?
4. What did Protagoras say boys should learn while learning to read?
5. What did Prodicus say gave him true praise?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)