|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, line 352-362.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Socrates say the rival city to Athens was so great?
(a) Their physical health.
(b) Their social system.
(c) Their wisdom.
(d) Their military force.
2. Why did Protagoras say it never paid to conceal sophist beliefs?
(a) Lies are contrary to the soul.
(b) Everyone would find out.
(c) They are natural and correct.
(d) The idea will stifle and die.
3. What were fables used to teach boys?
(c) All of the answers are correct.
4. What frustrated Socrates most when talking to Protagoras?
(a) He gave long speeches.
(b) He did not listen to opposition.
(c) He broke everything into pieces.
(d) He stood while speaking.
5. What did Socrates say all men should learn to do to gauge the greater good?
(a) How to compare themselves.
(b) How to calm others.
(c) How to use measurement.
(d) How to educate themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main problem with the rival city to Athens?
2. What was the key to having all five pieces of virtue?
3. What did Socrates say holiness was not?
4. Why was the poem about Simonides brought up?
5. Who defended Socrates?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)