|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appeal does the girl make to the priest as he is leaving the village?
(a) She wants to tell him she loves him.
(b) She wants him never to return.
(c) She wants him to give her something.
(d) She only knows he is her father and she wants him to stay.
2. What does the priest say to the lieutenant as a parting word?
(a) That he will burn in hell for attempting to stamp out the Church.
(b) That his blood will not be on the lieutenant's hands.
(c) That he will never be able to sleep peacefully again.
(d) That he is a good man and he will have nothing to be afraid of when he dies.
3. In his dream, who is pouring the wine for the mass into his glass?
(b) Mr. Trench.
(c) The lieutenant.
(d) The mestizo.
4. For what is the church in town being used?
(a) It is now the treasury building.
(b) It is used to stable horses.
(c) It has been made into a hotel.
(d) It has been turned into a hospital.
5. Why does the priest return to the banana plantation?
(a) He thinks it is safe because the lieutenant has already been there.
(b) He hopes to find the American fugitive.
(c) He only knows how to go there.
(d) He is looking for Coral who offered to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In trying to get away from the people chasing him, on whose door does the priest knock?
2. Where do the police take the man they do not recognize as being a priest?
3. How does the priest earn money?
4. Once in the village, why is the Yankee looking around?
5. What does the mestizo tell the priest?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)