|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the priest tries in vain to confess?
(a) He curses himself and God.
(b) He drinks the rest of the brandy.
(c) He tries to pray but cannt.
(d) He falls asleep and dreams.
2. What new information does the priest receive in the village?
(a) That the police have given up looking for him.
(b) The police already took one hostage from Conceptión and murdered a man named Pedro Montez.
(c) That the village will be completely blocked off within three days.
(d) That the police will return the following morning to take another hostage.
3. What is the deadline for catching the priest?
(a) The priest must be caught this month.
(b) They have until the end of the year to catch him.
(c) He must be caught before the Governor arrives.
(d) They must catch the priest in one week.
4. What does the mestizo want from the priest to do?
(a) To give the Mestizo money for not turning him in.
(b) To return to Carmen.
(c) To go to the dying Yankee and give last rites.
(d) To give the mestizo another mule.
5. What is the Indian woman searching for in the maize?
(a) The body of her son.
(b) A Bible she hid there.
(c) The jewelry she hid there.
(d) Some dried meat she has been saving.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the village, before seeing the Yankee, for what does the priest wish?
2. How does the mestizo attempt to get the priest to admit that he is a priest?
3. What announcement is made as the priest and the beverage seller are having a glass of wine?
4. How does Captain Fellows refuse the priest's request for brandy?
5. Where does the man with the gun take the priest?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)