|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes his escape doubly difficult?
(a) His photograph is being circulated widely.
(b) He is lame.
(c) There is a price on his head for anyone who turns him in.
(d) He does not know how to ride a horse.
2. What is the Police Chief's concern?
(a) The Governor has been on his case because they suspect a priest is on the run in their state.
(b) The lieutenant is not serious about finding the runaway priest.
(c) He is a religious man and does not like the new laws.
(d) The Governor is still waiting for the paperwork that should have already been finished.
3. What is the condition of the priest as he heads home from the plantation?
(a) He is drunk and keeps falling off his mule.
(b) He has tried to change his appearance so he will not be easily recognized.
(c) He has become determined to oppose thepolice.
(d) He has on new clothes so his family will not be ashamed.
4. What is the lieutenant's ambition?
(a) He wants to send young boys to the seminary so that they can reform the church.
(b) He wants to establish his own religion with him as it head.
(c) He wants to turn Mexico into a socialist state with him as the President.
(d) He hopes to wipe out all memories of the Church so the children will have no knowledge of it.
5. How does the mestizo attempt to get the priest to admit that he is a priest?
(a) He quotes scripture to see if the priest will respond.
(b) He tells the priest about another priest he helped to excape.
(c) He says he is a good Christian and asks the priest to say a prayer.
(d) He condemns the Church for all its inadequacies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest attempt to do sitting on the floor of his cell?
2. What does the priest reply when the lieutenant says he never thought the priest would return?
3. What is the secret sin of the running priest?
4. What is the boy looking for when he knocks on Mr. Trench's door?
5. Where does the priest wake up after meeting the man with the gun?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)