|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the priest see as he approaches a small town?
(a) He sees a wanted poster with an old photo of him on it.
(b) He sees a man leading a cow.
(c) He sees the lieutenant riding while his men walk.
(d) He sees a mestizo man on a hammock.
2. What unusual thing does the priest do in prison?
(a) He tells people there that he is a priest.
(b) He holds a mass in the prison.
(c) He starts offering loud prayers.
(d) He begins to behave like the crazy man.
3. Once in the village, why is the Yankee looking around?
(a) He expects something to happen at any moment.
(b) He is trying to find a good place to hide.
(c) He is looking for something to drink.
(d) He is in his death throes.
4. How does the priest get something to eat?
(a) He kills a stray dog and cooks it.
(b) He fights off a dog to get a bone with some rotting meat on it.
(c) He finds some beans cooking on the stove.
(d) He stuffs himself with bananas.
5. Why does Coral want her father to speak to the policeman?
(a) He does not speak English.
(b) She does not like him.
(c) She thinks he is an imposter.
(d) He won't tell her what he's looking for.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the priest, the mestizo, and the guide head for the Yankee, what do they approach?
2. Why does Mr. Fellows want to stay in Mexico?
3. What does the woman say she when she hears the priest say he has not repented of his sins and doesn't want to.
4. Where is the priest planning to go after he leaves the village?
5. For what is the American wanted?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)