|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his morning walk, what does Mr. Trench hear?
(a) The sound of an explosion.
(b) Horses racing into town.
(c) A man speaking English.
(d) A monkey chattering in the trees.
2. How well does the priest sleep in the crowded cell?
(a) He leans against the wall and drifts in and out of sleep.
(b) He cannot sleep at all because of the noise.
(c) He does not sleep for thinking about his death.
(d) He sleeps soundly from exhaustion.
3. How does the Chief of Police react when he sees the alcohol?
(a) He knows the seller so he pretends not to see.
(b) He becomes angry because there is a prohibition on alcohol.
(c) He confiscates the alcohol and leaves.
(d) The Chief's face lights up at the sight of the alcohol and he sits down to join the drinkers.
4. What prompts Mr. Trench to invite the stranger to his house?
(a) The stranger says he has a British newspaper.
(b) The stranger mentions he has some brandy.
(c) The stranger has a long wait for his ship.
(d) The stranger looks like a priest.
5. What announcement is made as the priest and the beverage seller are having a glass of wine?
(a) The hotel owner warns of an coming storm.
(b) The hotel owner says they cannot drink in his establishment.
(c) The hotel owner enters and says that the Chief of Police is coming.
(d) The hotel owner announces that his rates have just gone up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father José reply when the priest begs him to help him?
2. At first, what does the woman who speaks to the priest believe about him?
3. What does Mr. Trench regret when he sees a man selling mineral water?
4. Where do the priest and the Indian woman go?
5. Once in the village, why is the Yankee looking around?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)