|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest hope to find in Carmen?
(a) He needs to find old family members who will help him.
(b) He needs some of the clothes he left behind.
(c) He needs wine so he can say mass.
(d) He needs a replacement Bible for the one he left in Mr. Trench's house.
2. Although there is no love between him and the woman, how does the priest feel about Brigetta, his daughter?
(a) He feels that he will one day be able to send her away.
(b) He feels that she is the visible reminder of his sin.
(c) He feels a love and responsibility.
(d) He feels it would be better for them to remain strangers.
3. How does Captain Fellows refuse the priest's request for brandy?
(a) He tells him no because he is breaking the law enough as it is.
(b) He says that they never keep alcohol on the place.
(c) He tells him the police confiscated all his liquour.
(d) He tells him that brandy is too expensive to share.
4. After walking for miles in a storm, where does the priest find shelter?
(a) In a dilapidated barn.
(b) In an abandoned army tent.
(c) In a hut filled with maize.
(d) In a cave.
5. Why does the woman he meets in the village not recognize him at first?
(a) She tells the priest that he needs a haricut.
(b) She tells the priest that he has lost a lot of weight.
(c) She tells the priest that it has been so long since anyone there has seen him.
(d) She tells the priest he looks like a common man because of his clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coral find in the barn that makes her empathize with the Priest's pain?
2. How does the boy's father explain to his son the need to tell the stories?
3. What is the story about that a mother tells her children?
4. Where does the priest wake up after meeting the man with the gun?
5. On his morning walk, what does Mr. Trench hear?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)