|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although there is no love between him and the woman, how does the priest feel about Brigetta, his daughter?
(a) He feels that she is the visible reminder of his sin.
(b) He feels a love and responsibility.
(c) He feels that he will one day be able to send her away.
(d) He feels it would be better for them to remain strangers.
2. Where does the priest wake up after meeting the man with the gun?
(a) In jail.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) Inside the small church.
(d) In the home of the Lehrs, a brother and sister from Germany.
3. What does the stranger leave behind at Mr. Trench's house?
(a) A novel.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A straw hat.
(d) A catalog.
4. What is the lieutenant's ambition?
(a) He wants to send young boys to the seminary so that they can reform the church.
(b) He wants to turn Mexico into a socialist state with him as the President.
(c) He hopes to wipe out all memories of the Church so the children will have no knowledge of it.
(d) He wants to establish his own religion with him as it head.
5. What does the priest hear as he crosses the river on his mule?
(a) He hears gun shots that probably mean hostages have been killed.
(b) He hears the sounds of a large herd of cattle coming his way.
(c) He hears thunder and thinks it will rain.
(d) He looks back and sees the mestizo man trying to get his attention but the priest ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he realizes he cannot stay in the village, what promise does the priest make to the people?
2. How well does the priest sleep in the crowded cell?
3. At first, what does the woman who speaks to the priest believe about him?
4. How does Greene introduce the lieutenant?
5. After walking for miles in a storm, where does the priest find shelter?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)