|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Captain Fellows' wife when he reaches his house?
(a) Making dinner.
(b) Sick in bed.
(c) Out with the chickens.
(d) Doing the laundry.
2. When they stop at a small hut, why does the priest not sleep?
(a) The priest is very suspicious of the mestizo man and forces himself to stay awake.
(b) The mestizo snores loudly and keeps waking him up.
(c) He keeps on listening for the soldier and the police.
(d) There are too many mosquitos and he cannot sleep.
3. What does Mr. Trench notice about the environment in the town?
(a) The land is dusty and hot with buzzards flying overhead.
(b) It looks like a tropical garden.
(c) The jungle is encroaching on the village.
(d) It is cold and there are no birds.
4. What name do the people give to priests who smell of alcohol?
(a) Wine bibber.
(b) Whisky priest.
(c) Pickled priest.
(d) Smelly sermonizer.
5. What is the priests reaction when Maria tells him Brigetta was one of the children he saw in the village?
(a) He says he is glad she has friends.
(b) He says he understands why she did not run to him.
(c) He could not believe he did not recognize his own daughter.
(d) He says he thought he had seen her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mestizo tell the priest?
2. What does the priest hope to find in Carmen?
3. What is the situation as the novel opens?
4. For what is the church in town being used?
5. What is going through the stranger's head as he walks with the boy?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)