|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1, Section 1 (through page 83).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Captain Fellows headed down river in a canoe?
(a) To find the American and collect the reward.
(b) To the town for supplies.
(c) The banana plantation on which he lives and works.
(d) To look for the stranger he thinks is a doctor.
2. Why does the Police Chief think it will be difficult to identify the priest?
(a) The only picture they have of him is very old.
(b) He will be heavily disguised.
(c) No one will tell them what he looks like.
(d) They have no photo of him at all.
3. What is the condition of the priest as he heads home from the plantation?
(a) He is drunk and keeps falling off his mule.
(b) He has on new clothes so his family will not be ashamed.
(c) He has become determined to oppose thepolice.
(d) He has tried to change his appearance so he will not be easily recognized.
4. When the lieutenant meets up with some boys who are interested in his gun, what passes through his mind?
(a) The boys will one day be policemen and soldiers.
(b) The boys should be in school.
(c) These boys know that the gun is more powerful than the Bible.
(d) For their sakes, he will start a massacre.
5. What appeal does the girl make to the priest as he is leaving the village?
(a) She wants him never to return.
(b) She wants him to give her something.
(c) She only knows he is her father and she wants him to stay.
(d) She wants to tell him she loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Trench notice about the environment in the town?
2. On his morning walk, what does Mr. Trench hear?
3. What is the priests reaction when Maria tells him Brigetta was one of the children he saw in the village?
4. How does the priest rationalize his guilt over the murdered hostage?
5. What surprises the lieutenant?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)