|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the boy insist that the stranger go with him?
(a) His horse is sick.
(b) His brother broke his arm.
(c) His sister is having a baby.
(d) His mother is sick.
2. Where do they think the priest may have gone?
(a) To Mexico City where he would be difficult to find.
(b) Vera Cruz or Tampico.
(c) Conceptión, the home of his parish, or Carmen where he was born.
(d) Across the border into Texas.
3. What surprises the lieutenant?
(a) That the Police Chief is so calm.
(b) That the Governor even knows they are there.
(c) That the last priest was not shot weeks ago.
(d) That the Police Chief entered his office without knocking.
4. For what is the American wanted?
(a) Bank robbery and murder.
(c) Running guns across the border.
(d) Smuggling priests out of the country.
5. What does the lieutenant see on his walk through the town?
(a) He sees Mr. Trench walking as though he had been drinking.
(b) He sees old women making the sign of the cross.
(c) He sees many new shops and a lot of business.
(d) He sees all the old symbols of the Church he has helped destroy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the secret sin of the running priest?
2. What is going through the stranger's head as he walks with the boy?
3. How does the man try to get out of going with the boy?
4. Why does the Police Chief think it will be difficult to identify the priest?
5. What is the story about that a mother tells her children?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)