|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he finds a place by an old man, what does he hear?
(a) The old man thinks his family had him arrested to get his money.
(b) The old man thinks gringos are responsible for all the problems in Mexico.
(c) The old man blames the lieutenant for all his troubles.
(d) The man begins talking angrily about priests, blaming them for the misery in his life.
2. What weakness does the priest have causes him more difficulty?
(a) He is addicted to sex.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He is vain about his appearance.
(d) He is a kleptomaniac.
3. What is going through the stranger's head as he walks with the boy?
(a) He thinks the whole area will start bringing their sick to him.
(b) He knows now he will never escape and in his mind he is praying to be caught soon.
(c) He thinks he just might settle down in this town.
(d) He wonders if the boy's family has anything to drink.
4. What brings out a feeling of compassion in the priest for the mestizo?
(a) The man tells him about all the crimes hes has committed.
(b) The priest then notices that the mestizo man is ill, and he begins to feel sorry for him.
(c) The mestizo begins to cry, talking about his dead children.
(d) The man never complains about his great hunger.
5. When does Coral say she lost her faith in God?
(a) When the Mexican boys started coming around.
(b) When she was ten years old.
(c) When she lost her virginity.
(d) When her mother tried to commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest do as he exits the hut.
2. As the priest, the mestizo, and the guide head for the Yankee, what do they approach?
3. What does the woman say she when she hears the priest say he has not repented of his sins and doesn't want to.
4. What does Mr. Trench regret when he sees a man selling mineral water?
5. What does the priest admit in the prison?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)