|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the priest get something to eat?
(a) He fights off a dog to get a bone with some rotting meat on it.
(b) He finds some beans cooking on the stove.
(c) He kills a stray dog and cooks it.
(d) He stuffs himself with bananas.
2. What is the priest able to do in this village?
(a) Hold mass, baptize, and hear confessions.
(b) Live in a hotel.
(c) Hide where the police cannot find him.
(d) Drink all the brandy he wants.
3. Why does the priest envy the people of the village?
(a) They are all rich.
(b) They have large, happy families.
(c) They have never feared the police.
(d) They can get absolution, but he cannot.
4. Where does the priest wake up after meeting the man with the gun?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) Inside the small church.
(c) In the home of the Lehrs, a brother and sister from Germany.
(d) In jail.
5. What act of generosity does the priest perform on the way to the village?
(a) He gives the mestizo his last few coins.
(b) He hears the mestizo's confession.
(c) He gives the mestizo his crucifix.
(d) He shares a drink of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the lieutenant eager to hunt down the priest?
2. What is the boy looking for when he knocks on Mr. Trench's door?
3. How does Mr. Trench feel when the man leaves with the boy?
4. What does Captain Fellows tell the policeman that satisfies him?
5. Where is Captain Fellows' wife when he reaches his house?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)