|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is going through the stranger's head as he walks with the boy?
(a) He wonders if the boy's family has anything to drink.
(b) He thinks the whole area will start bringing their sick to him.
(c) He thinks he just might settle down in this town.
(d) He knows now he will never escape and in his mind he is praying to be caught soon.
2. Back to the mother reading stories to her children, what does she tell them about the grown up Juan?
(a) He has grown up and leaves for another country.
(b) He has grown up and now hates the Church.
(c) He has grown up and become a school teacher.
(d) He has grown up and been ordained a priest.
3. For what is the church in town being used?
(a) It is used to stable horses.
(b) It has been turned into a hospital.
(c) It is now the treasury building.
(d) It has been made into a hotel.
4. How does the boy's father explain to his son the need to tell the stories?
(a) He says the stories always have a happy ending.
(b) He says the stories will teach the children how to read.
(c) He says that the boy should humor his mother because she is sad.
(d) He says that now that the Church is gone, the stories are all they have.
5. What is the deadline for catching the priest?
(a) They must catch the priest in one week.
(b) He must be caught before the Governor arrives.
(c) The priest must be caught this month.
(d) They have until the end of the year to catch him.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his morning walk, what does Mr. Trench hear?
2. What does Captain Fellows tell the policeman that satisfies him?
3. Where do they think the priest may have gone?
4. Back at the plantation after the priest is gone, what is Coral doing?
5. Why does the Police Chief think it will be difficult to identify the priest?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)