|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weakness does the priest have causes him more difficulty?
(a) He is addicted to sex.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He is a kleptomaniac.
(d) He is vain about his appearance.
2. Why is the lieutenant eager to hunt down the priest?
(a) He sees it as a chance for a promotion.
(b) He wants the Police Chief's job.
(c) He thinks hunting a man is better than hunting deer.
(d) He has an intense hatred of priests and the church.
3. What is the secret sin of the running priest?
(a) He embezzled money from the church coffers.
(b) He murdered a policeman who was about to arrest him.
(c) He fathered a child with one of his parishioners.
(d) He is addicted to heroin.
4. Why does the Police Chief think it will be difficult to identify the priest?
(a) No one will tell them what he looks like.
(b) The only picture they have of him is very old.
(c) He will be heavily disguised.
(d) They have no photo of him at all.
5. Later, in another village, what does an old man request of the priest?
(a) He asks the priest to hurry and leave.
(b) He asks the priest to say mass and hear confessions.
(c) He asks the priest to share his wine.
(d) He asks the priest to renounce his faith and surrender.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back to the mother reading stories to her children, what does she tell them about the grown up Juan?
2. Why does Coral tell her father she would not allow the lieutenant to search the place?
3. What does Mr. Trench regret when he sees a man selling mineral water?
4. What surprises the lieutenant?
5. What does Coral find in the barn that makes her empathize with the Priest's pain?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)