|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father José fear if he says a prayer at the graveside?
(a) The authroities will put him in jail for blasphemy.
(b) His police protection will be taken away if he performs a religious act.
(c) He will get in trouble, lose his pension or even be killed for practicing his religion, which he has renounced.
(d) He will be mocked by the lieutenant for practicing a religion he renounced.
2. What do the police suspect about the priest?
(a) They think he may have gone to the Yucatan.
(b) They suspect he is in Mexico City.
(c) They believe he tried to escape to Vera Cruz but he did not catch the boat.
(d) They think he is probably in Vera Cruz by now.
3. On his morning walk, what does Mr. Trench hear?
(a) The sound of an explosion.
(b) A monkey chattering in the trees.
(c) A man speaking English.
(d) Horses racing into town.
4. What is Father José's final answer to the bereaved family?
(a) He says no but slips them a prayer written on paper.
(b) He tells them they are stupid to believe in God.
(c) He says he is a coward and tells the family to leave him alone.
(d) He asks why they want to pray to a God who took their child.
5. Why does the boy insist that the stranger go with him?
(a) His horse is sick.
(b) His sister is having a baby.
(c) His brother broke his arm.
(d) His mother is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the secret sin of the running priest?
2. Who is the last priest on the run from the police?
3. What does Captain Fellows learn about the policeman?
4. Where do they put the old photo of the priest?
5. Later, in another village, what does an old man request of the priest?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)