|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Trench regret when he sees a man selling mineral water?
(a) That he did not get into that business when he had the chance.
(b) That he has no money to buy some.
(c) It is practically the only thing to drink in this prohibition state.
(d) That only the rich can afford to drink the mineral water.
2. What does Captain Fellows tell the policeman that satisfies him?
(a) He hates the Church and would not harbor a priest.
(b) Nobody ever comes out that far from the town.
(c) He heard there was a priest in Carmen.
(d) He has not seen the priest, but he will report if he does.
3. When the mother rebukes her son for only being interested in the killing, how does the son reply?
(a) He says that he doesn't believe the holy book.
(b) He laughs and says he is sorry.
(c) He says killing people is more fun than listening to stories.
(d) He says the lieutenant told him the Bible is not true.
4. What is the Police Chief's concern?
(a) He is a religious man and does not like the new laws.
(b) The Governor is still waiting for the paperwork that should have already been finished.
(c) The lieutenant is not serious about finding the runaway priest.
(d) The Governor has been on his case because they suspect a priest is on the run in their state.
5. How many priests has the lieutenant already executed?
(a) He has killed twenty priests and only this one remains.
(b) He has shot five but several escaped including the bishop, who is safely in Mexico City.
(c) He has shot one priest and wants to get another one soon.
(d) He has never gotten close enough to a priest to kill one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back at the plantation after the priest is gone, what is Coral doing?
2. What is the boy looking for when he knocks on Mr. Trench's door?
3. What new plan does the lieutenant come up with for finding the priest?
4. What name do the people give to priests who smell of alcohol?
5. What does Mr. Trench's guest say about the town?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)