|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bush promises bipartisan congressional leaders he will inform Congress and leaders of why ___________ must be used.
2. Bush slips when he is with the Italian PM saying that Saddam will not be allowed to ________________.
3. Tim now has 90 agents whom NSA supplies with ________________ to call in real time intelligence.
4. Lawyers warn Bush not to talk about ___________, lest this prejudice war crimes trials.
5. Colin Powell sees __________ as isolated and friendless and believes he will wither.
Short Essay Questions
1. What must happen the government once Saddam is ousted from power, according to Miller's briefing to the NSC?
2. Why does Bandar want to shave away his ever-growing beard that he has pledged to keep until war starts?
3. After months of work, what does Saul find that will help to inform the US military?
4. What does the National Security Council discuss in relation to Blix's inspections?
5. When Bush and Cheney meet with Iraqi expatriates on January 10, what does Bush tell them about Saddam?
6. What is the topic of discussion between Bush and the Irish Prime Minister on March 13?
7. What does Bush slip and say after making his standard disclaimer about the idea of war when meeting with the Italian PM?
8. What does Bush want to do in light of the French making a second resolution impossible?
9. What does Prince Bandar bin Sultan exercise in relation to the White House, as he has since senior Bush?
10. While Saul demands ever more detail and verification for reports, what is happening with the reports?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While this is not surprising, the transition from one administration to another was a bit rocky - from Clinton to Bush.
Part 1: Why do you think transitions from one administration to another are so difficult?
Part 2: How might the transition have been made smoother, in your opinion?
Part 3: Do you think it's possible to avoid rocky transitions in government? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The cabinet of people around Bush helped him decide on the actions to take with the situation with Iraq.
Part 1: Why is it important for people to have close confidants to help them make difficult decisions?
Part 2: Do you think the Cabinet has more or less power than the President does? Why?
Part 3: Do you think the President should defer to the ideas of those in the Cabinet? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
At times, it seems that certain members of the Cabinet are being told to do things they do not want to do, yet they do them anyway.
Part 1: Do you think it's more important to tell the truth or to do what the President tells you to do?
Part 2: How do you think the war was affected by the lies and mistruths which seem to have been told during some of the planning process?
Part 3: What would you have done if you were asked to lie to the people and Congress? Would you have lied or told the truth?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)