|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bush informs them he will give Saddam and his sons _____________ to get out of the country.
2. Condoleeza Rice politely declines ________'s offer to help mediate while Bush concentrates on other matters.
3. Tim's team is at ____________ on the mountaintop, both Tim and the team are feeling a bit stranded.
4. Bush summons _________ on January 13, without Cheney or Rice hovering and compliments him on his hard work.
5. Millions watch the TV as Powell states he can reveal only ___________ of what the U.S. knows.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meyer worry about, causing Franks to use 2000 pound bombs instead of the planned weapons?
2. What is the MODEPS that Franks sends to Rumsfeld on November 26?
3. Why does Bandar want to shave away his ever-growing beard that he has pledged to keep until war starts?
4. What does Bush want to do in light of the French making a second resolution impossible?
5. What does Bush tell Powell when he meets with him on January 13 without Rice or Cheney hovering over them?
6. What does Prince Bandar bin Sultan exercise in relation to the White House, as he has since senior Bush?
7. What does Blix do in order to keep the Iraq inspections non-confrontational?
8. What happens on April 9 as the Army and Marine forces enter Baghdad?
9. What does Rumsfeld do that works in order not to cause any big call ups for a while?
10. Who is the logical choice for presenting the case for war to the United Nations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While this is not surprising, the transition from one administration to another was a bit rocky - from Clinton to Bush.
Part 1: Why do you think transitions from one administration to another are so difficult?
Part 2: How might the transition have been made smoother, in your opinion?
Part 3: Do you think it's possible to avoid rocky transitions in government? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Within the events of the book, it seems there was an idea of 'you're either with us or against us' in the government.
Part 1: Why do you think this idea of unending loyalty is important during this particular time frame?
Part 2: Do you believe it to be fair, the statement that you're either with us or against us? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think it's essential that everyone be a part of the decisions that were being made?
Essay Topic 3
The goal of the United States at the start of the conflict is to take control of Iraq as quickly as possible, but while it seems possible, the insurgents seem to be unwilling to give up their positions.
Part 1: Why do you think the United States was confident the war would be over quickly?
Part 2: Why do you think the U.S. wanted the war to be as quick as possible?
Part 3: Do you think the Cabinet and other leaders believed the war was going to still be in progress right now? Why or why not?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)