|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franks sends Rumsfeld the _________________, the Mother of All Deployment Orders for 300,000 troops.
2. Who is the logical choice for presenting the case to the United Nations?
3. Rumsfeld's idea of dribbling deployment works and he holds off on big call-ups of reservists until after ____________.
4. Who exercises the special entry to the Oval Office and has since the days of elder Bush?
5. What will be suspended at the White House for a period of time after the ultimatum?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bandar want to shave away his ever-growing beard that he has pledged to keep until war starts?
2. What is the topic of discussion between Bush and the Irish Prime Minister on March 13?
3. What does Rumsfeld do that works in order not to cause any big call ups for a while?
4. What does the National Security Council discuss in relation to Blix's inspections?
5. What does Rice worry about the role of Britain in the war after Blair wants Gerson's draft to be revised?
6. When Bush and Cheney meet with Iraqi expatriates on January 10, what does Bush tell them about Saddam?
7. What does Blix do in order to keep the Iraq inspections non-confrontational?
8. What does Bush slip and say after making his standard disclaimer about the idea of war when meeting with the Italian PM?
9. What does Prince Bandar bin Sultan exercise in relation to the White House, as he has since senior Bush?
10. What must happen the government once Saddam is ousted from power, according to Miller's briefing to the NSC?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reinspection of Iraq by the UN inspectors seems to have not gone in the direction that Bush wanted it to go.
Part 1: Do you think Bush wanted the inspectors to find more than they did? Why or why not?
Part 2: What would Bush have gained if the inspectors had found evidence of WMD? Why would this be important to him?
Part 3: Is it fair for Bush to be upset with Blix over not giving him the answers he wanted to hear? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
During the biggest anti-war protest since Vietnam, Bush was not in the area to witness it and said that visiting the troops was more important.
Part 1: Why do you think that Bush avoided the anti-war protest?
Part 2: Do you think that protest had any impact on the outcome of the events of the war? Why or why not?
Part 3: In general, do you think protests are effective in changing the minds of others? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The cabinet of people around Bush helped him decide on the actions to take with the situation with Iraq.
Part 1: Why is it important for people to have close confidants to help them make difficult decisions?
Part 2: Do you think the Cabinet has more or less power than the President does? Why?
Part 3: Do you think the President should defer to the ideas of those in the Cabinet? Why or why not?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)