|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bush go in order to visit soldiers who have been wounded in battle?
2. Franks sends Rumsfeld the _________________, the Mother of All Deployment Orders for 300,000 troops.
3. Bandar maintains that ____________ will shed no tears over Saddam's fall.
4. From whom does the man in #91 deliver a letter to the current President George Bush?
5. Bush notes that it is __________ decision whether there is war or not.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rice worry about the role of Britain in the war after Blair wants Gerson's draft to be revised?
2. What is the MODEPS that Franks sends to Rumsfeld on November 26?
3. What does Bush tell Rice when she visits him in Crawford after Christmas with her aunt?
4. What does Rumsfeld do that works in order not to cause any big call ups for a while?
5. What does Meyer worry about, causing Franks to use 2000 pound bombs instead of the planned weapons?
6. What must happen the government once Saddam is ousted from power, according to Miller's briefing to the NSC?
7. What is the offer that Rice politely declines when in Washington on March 17?
8. What does Prince Bandar bin Sultan exercise in relation to the White House, as he has since senior Bush?
9. What happens on April 9 as the Army and Marine forces enter Baghdad?
10. When Bush and Cheney meet with Iraqi expatriates on January 10, what does Bush tell them about Saddam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During the biggest anti-war protest since Vietnam, Bush was not in the area to witness it and said that visiting the troops was more important.
Part 1: Why do you think that Bush avoided the anti-war protest?
Part 2: Do you think that protest had any impact on the outcome of the events of the war? Why or why not?
Part 3: In general, do you think protests are effective in changing the minds of others? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
From the very start of the book, it seems that George W. Bush has an agenda he wants to push on Congress and on the world after the events of 9/11.
Part 1: Why do you think Bush was so interested in pushing an agenda at this point?
Part 2: Do you think it's right for a person to set an agenda without considering all of the outcomes ahead of time?
Part 3: How do you feel about George W. Bush after this opening section of the book? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Rumsfled is portrayed as a man who wants things done as quickly as possible and under the most stringent of conditions and guidelines.
Part 1: Why do you think Rumsfeld is such an exacting person?
Part 2: Do you think that Rumsfeld may have been a little too detail-oriented in the way he handled war planning?
Part 3: Why do you think Bush trusted Rumsfeld so much?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)