|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Saddam's fall from power, Bush believes, the United Nations can get "legs of ____________ back."
2. Sharing and collaboration will supplant the 'traditional _______' that plagued 9/11, according to Hayden at the NSA.
3. Who is the logical choice for presenting the case to the United Nations?
4. The White House Communications Office prepares a 33 page document - _____________ of Lies.
5. Rumsfeld is worried Saddam will do something the ___________ and the French can deem reasonable.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bush tell Rice when she visits him in Crawford after Christmas with her aunt?
2. What does Blix do in order to keep the Iraq inspections non-confrontational?
3. Why does Bandar want to shave away his ever-growing beard that he has pledged to keep until war starts?
4. What must happen the government once Saddam is ousted from power, according to Miller's briefing to the NSC?
5. What does Meyer worry about, causing Franks to use 2000 pound bombs instead of the planned weapons?
6. What does Rumsfeld do that works in order not to cause any big call ups for a while?
7. What does Bush want to do in light of the French making a second resolution impossible?
8. What is the offer that Rice politely declines when in Washington on March 17?
9. Who is the logical choice for presenting the case for war to the United Nations?
10. What is the MODEPS that Franks sends to Rumsfeld on November 26?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The media coverage of the events leading up to the Iraq war show a media that did not necessarily agree with the President and his policies.
Part 1: Is it ever possible for the media to be completely impartial when they are reporting on current world events? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think the media supported the President at first, but then began to look for holes in the logic and evidence?
Part 3: Should the media always support the actions of the President? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Within the events of the book, it seems there was an idea of 'you're either with us or against us' in the government.
Part 1: Why do you think this idea of unending loyalty is important during this particular time frame?
Part 2: Do you believe it to be fair, the statement that you're either with us or against us? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think it's essential that everyone be a part of the decisions that were being made?
Essay Topic 3
At times, it seemed that Bush may have been saying one thing to the public and doing something else covertly.
Part 1: Do you think the President should keep secrets from the public? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Bush decided to play things close to the vest?
Part 3: Had Bush been upfront about his plans, how might the American public have reacted?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)