|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ wants any escalation of the US presence in the region invisible to the world, but worrisome to Saddam.
2. What is the used acronym for signals intelligence as it is gathered by the National Security Agency?
3. Snowcroft, a private consultant, publishes in the Wall Stress Journal a piece stating ______________ is not connected to 9/11.
4. Though the media says that Bush has highly detailed war plans, ____________says they are prepared, but have not decided to go to war.
5. Briefing Bush and the NSC, Franks implies recent assertions about ____________ are overblown.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the advantages of the new Hybrid Plan that Franks proposes during the war planning process?
2. What does George W. Bush tell Rumsfeld on November 21, 2001 in a private aside?
3. What does Blair think about the threat of WMD in relation to Iraq and other countries?
4. What does Rumsfeld suspect which leads him to suggest using this information as a way, an opportunity, to attack Iraq?
5. What do the Marines worry about in relation to conflict in Iraq?
6. What is John Kerry's vote and reasoning behind his vote when Congress votes on whether to go to war?
7. What does Michael Gerson feel about the upcoming speech that he is writing for Bush's State of the Union?
8. What does Bush begin to demand that Iraq allows the United Nations to do within their country?
9. What is Cheney sure will happen if they demand Saddam submit full WMD accounting?
10. What does the Franks "Generated Start Plan" mean to the planning process of the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The issue of terrorism is one that most countries have to deal with at some point or another.
Part 1: Why do you think terrorism prevails in the world? Why does it continue to be a problem?
Part 2: Do you think terrorism is has big of an issue as some people make it out to be? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you believe that terrorism can be stopped? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The goal of the United States at the start of the conflict is to take control of Iraq as quickly as possible, but while it seems possible, the insurgents seem to be unwilling to give up their positions.
Part 1: Why do you think the United States was confident the war would be over quickly?
Part 2: Why do you think the U.S. wanted the war to be as quick as possible?
Part 3: Do you think the Cabinet and other leaders believed the war was going to still be in progress right now? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Within the events of the book, it seems there was an idea of 'you're either with us or against us' in the government.
Part 1: Why do you think this idea of unending loyalty is important during this particular time frame?
Part 2: Do you believe it to be fair, the statement that you're either with us or against us? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think it's essential that everyone be a part of the decisions that were being made?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)