|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumsfeld's idea of dribbling deployment works and he holds off on big call-ups of reservists until after ____________.
(a) Independence Day
(b) Memorial Day
2. Cheney convinces Bush to have military personnel and high risk essential civilians to be inoculated against ___________.
3. Franks orders the _____________ to program missiles on Dora Farm, but they can not be fired until after the ultimatum period.
(a) Air Force
4. The WHCO wants _____________ to unveil the document in #121 as a part of the WHIG effort to counter growing antiwar sentiment.
(a) Bill Clinton
(b) Colin Powell
(c) Dick Cheney
(d) Richard Armitage
5. What is the first full day of the Iraqi War according to the end of the book?
(a) March 22
(b) March 20
(c) March 21
(d) March 2
Short Answer Questions
1. Tim is at __________ base in the foothills of Iraq at the start of this chapter.
2. What is the top secret document Franks and Rumsfeld bring to Bush on March 4, named so to avoid legal requirements of disclosure to Congress?
3. Chirac did an interview with _____________ calling for 30 days more of inspections.
4. Who exercises the special entry to the Oval Office and has since the days of elder Bush?
5. Blair visits Camp David in order to ask for a _____________________ for political purposes.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Hadley been working on since November of 2002 for the country of Iraq?
2. What does the National Security Council discuss in relation to Blix's inspections?
3. What does Meyer worry about, causing Franks to use 2000 pound bombs instead of the planned weapons?
4. Who is the logical choice for presenting the case for war to the United Nations?
5. What does Prince Bandar bin Sultan exercise in relation to the White House, as he has since senior Bush?
6. Why does Bandar want to shave away his ever-growing beard that he has pledged to keep until war starts?
7. What does Bush do in order to bolster the humanitarian reputation of the United States?
8. What is the purpose of the 33 page document "Apparatus of Lies" that the White House Communications Office prepares?
9. When Bush and Cheney meet with Iraqi expatriates on January 10, what does Bush tell them about Saddam?
10. After months of work, what does Saul find that will help to inform the US military?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)