|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ phones Secretary General Annan to assure him the UN will have a vital role to play in postwar Iraq.
(a) George W. Bush
(b) Condi Rice
(c) Dick Cheney
(d) Donald Rumsfeld
2. ____________ encourages Bush to not make the same mistake of 1938, appeasing a dictator and inviting a war.
(a) Donald Rumsfeld
(b) Richard Armitage
(c) Dick Cheney
(d) Elie Wiesel
3. The __________ seize a key oil platform in the south and the Australians move into the west.
4. Bush, however, contends that any nation harboring a/an _____________ to be a terrorist.
5. Rumsfeld's idea of dribbling deployment works and he holds off on big call-ups of reservists until after ____________.
(a) Independence Day
(b) Memorial Day
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wears an unkempt beard, but hates it because he thinks it makes him look like bin Laden?
2. After months of work, Saul finds a volunteer who submits 130 ____________ on matters the US military did not know.
3. Cheney agrees _____________ must be convinced Bush means business before they will fall in line.
4. _________ appreciates the U.S. moral position in the dealings with Iraq though it differs from his own.
5. Who exercises the special entry to the Oval Office and has since the days of elder Bush?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bandar want to shave away his ever-growing beard that he has pledged to keep until war starts?
2. What is the topic of the 60 Minutes interview that world leaders review in the Azores?
3. What is the purpose of the 33 page document "Apparatus of Lies" that the White House Communications Office prepares?
4. What does Blix do in order to keep the Iraq inspections non-confrontational?
5. What does Rice say she cannot predict when it comes to war with Iraq?
6. After months of work, what does Saul find that will help to inform the US military?
7. What does Rumsfeld do that works in order not to cause any big call ups for a while?
8. What does Bush tell Powell when he meets with him on January 13 without Rice or Cheney hovering over them?
9. What does Prince Bandar bin Sultan exercise in relation to the White House, as he has since senior Bush?
10. What is the MODEPS that Franks sends to Rumsfeld on November 26?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)