|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________ and China have commercial ties with Iraq and are on record opposing the US efforts to oust Saddam.
(c) North Korea
2. ___________ learns the Pentagon is revising a massive Iraq war plan and he cannot believe they would do this while already at war.
(a) George Bush
(b) Colin Powell
(c) Tommy Franks
(d) Dick Cheney
3. As the Iraq plan begins to develop, ______________ begins to swagger and to deceive others.
(a) Dick Cheney
(b) George W. Bush
(c) Colin Powell
(d) Donald Rumsfeld
4. The __________ worries about the small attacking force and supplying such a rapid advance.
(a) Air Force
5. Even ____________ likes Powell's pitch for going to the United Nations for support of the war effort.
(a) Condoleeza Rice
(b) Richard Armitage
(c) Dick Cheney
(d) Donald Rumsfeld
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the cheery 74-year-old UN weapons inspector who is brought into Iraq to check for WMD?
2. On August 5, it is found out that the Generated Start Plan is executable, but versatile ____________ preparations are underway.
3. The New York Times reports the administration is charging Iraq with buying ___________ to use in enriching uranium for a bomb.
4. Rice explains how ____________ can serve as a model for nuclear disarmament.
5. Bush makes headlines demanding that Iraq readmit UN _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the goal of the line-by-line review by Rice of the draft National Security Presidential Directive?
2. What does Armitage push Powell to do as Powell is on edge with the military planning becoming dominant?
3. What does Powell recall which he is beginning to believe he is seeing within this war planning process?
4. What is the position and the responsibility of Michael V. Hayden?
5. What does Bush begin to demand that Iraq allows the United Nations to do within their country?
6. What does Blair think about the threat of WMD in relation to Iraq and other countries?
7. What is the concern from Rove that Bush dismisses as he feels it should not be a concern for him?
8. Why does Bush bristle at clever reporters who interview him at his Crawford Ranch when Blair visits?
9. What does Michael Gerson feel about the upcoming speech that he is writing for Bush's State of the Union?
10. What does the Franks "Generated Start Plan" mean to the planning process of the war?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)