|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael Gerson works on the ____________ speech for President Bush to give to the country.
(c) State of the Union
(d) War demands
2. Tony Blair believes Iraq poses less _________ threat than North Korea or Iran.
3. While staying below the press radar, Tommy Franks gets ______________ to where it can be considered official.
(a) Op. Iraqi Freedom
(b) Op. Shock and Awe
(c) Op. Plan 1003
(d) Op. Plan 911
4. What is the name of the book George W. Bush reads to learn more about the big stick diplomacy policy?
(a) The Life and Times of FDR
(b) No More War Without Violence
(c) Walk Softly: A President's Mission
(d) Theodore Rex
5. Success in Afghanistan increases CIA Director ______________ standing with President Bush.
(a) Colin Powell's
(b) Dick Cheney's
(c) George Tenet's
(d) George Armitage's
Short Answer Questions
1. Rice explains how ____________ can serve as a model for nuclear disarmament.
2. Bush makes headlines demanding that Iraq readmit UN _____________.
3. Franks assures George W. Bush that the plan is being tested by ____________ and takes the hint to get things moving.
4. ___________ is sure that demanding Saddam submit full WMD accounting within 30 days will prove he's been lying.
5. What is NOT one of the things that Bush authorizes the CIA to do within Iraq?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Air Force worry about in relation to the idea of going into battle with Iraq?
2. What does the Franks "Generated Start Plan" mean to the planning process of the war?
3. What does Bush impress upon Gerson when he is writing a new speech for the President?
4. What is the concern from Rove that Bush dismisses as he feels it should not be a concern for him?
5. What does Hayden foresee about the conflict in Iraq that will cause strain to the NSA?
6. When he is at his Crawford Ranch, what does Bush read that inspires him in his presidency?
7. What does Powell recall which he is beginning to believe he is seeing within this war planning process?
8. What does Armitage push Powell to do as Powell is on edge with the military planning becoming dominant?
9. What is the goal of the line-by-line review by Rice of the draft National Security Presidential Directive?
10. What is the definition of targeting that Rumsfeld wants to talk about with others?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)