|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cheney demands that Saddam's ______________ is the only issue and a debate ensures
(c) Threat against Bush
(d) Clear threat
2. The ____________ document states that Iraq has chemical and biological weapons, but then telegraphs doubts in this assertion.
(a) Key Assumptions
(b) Contradictory Paths
(c) Major Concerns
(d) Key Judgments
3. Michael Gerson works on the ____________ speech for President Bush to give to the country.
(a) War demands
(d) State of the Union
4. Like Bush, Gerson calls himself an evangelical Christian and compassionate ______________.
(d) Public servant
5. The senators cannot frame an effective critique of Bush's request for a ______________.
(b) Covert assassination attempt
(d) Blank check
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumsfeld wants to talk about _____________, the process of balancing military value with collateral damage to citizens.
2. The CIA has identified three major threats to security at the time of Bush's beginnings in office. What is NOT one of these threats?
3. _______ wants any escalation of the US presence in the region invisible to the world, but worrisome to Saddam.
4. What will the strike on Iraq be deemed if only the US is involved in the actual fighting?
5. Bush in his speech brings together North Korea, Iran, and Iraq to become the ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the false story that Bush will use in order to sell his war plans to the government, the people, and the world?
2. What is the concern from Rove that Bush dismisses as he feels it should not be a concern for him?
3. What does Bush impress upon Gerson when he is writing a new speech for the President?
4. Describe the character of Tim and what is is supposed to do for the United States.
5. What is Wolfowitz's strategy that Colin Powell believes to be absurd when he advocates it?
6. What is the definition of targeting that Rumsfeld wants to talk about with others?
7. What does Saul tell Cheney about Saddam which proves to be a sobering fact for the Vice President?
8. What is the position and the responsibility of Michael V. Hayden?
9. What is Cheney sure will happen if they demand Saddam submit full WMD accounting?
10. What does Michael Gerson feel about the upcoming speech that he is writing for Bush's State of the Union?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)