|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________ never declares categorically to the media that Saddam has WMD.
2. Bush just wants an _____________, the end of Saddam and WMD, which he impresses upon Gerson for his speech.
(b) Overall solution
3. Rice likes Cheney's charge that the _____________ is becoming irrelevant and a mockery.
(d) United Nations
4. What is NOT one of the things that Bush authorizes the CIA to do within Iraq?
(a) Conduct sabotage
(b) Find Saddam's family
(c) Disrupt financial operations
(d) Coordinate intelligence gathering
5. Bush dismisses the story in the New York Times about _____________ growing involvement in foreign policy decisions.
(a) Colin Powell's
(b) Donald Rumsfeld's
(c) Dick Cheney's
(d) Karl Rove's
Short Answer Questions
1. The New York Times reports the administration is charging Iraq with buying ___________ to use in enriching uranium for a bomb.
2. Clinton officials brief the incoming Bush staff on enforcing ___________ zones in Iraq.
3. Cheney demands that Saddam's ______________ is the only issue and a debate ensures
4. ___________ learns the Pentagon is revising a massive Iraq war plan and he cannot believe they would do this while already at war.
5. ______________ and China have commercial ties with Iraq and are on record opposing the US efforts to oust Saddam.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Air Force worry about in relation to the idea of going into battle with Iraq?
2. What is the definition of targeting that Rumsfeld wants to talk about with others?
3. What does Bush reaffirm when he comes home on September 1?
4. Why are few Iraqis willing to help the United States with spying efforts, even though the monetary compensation is so high?
5. What is the false story that Bush will use in order to sell his war plans to the government, the people, and the world?
6. Why does Bush bristle at clever reporters who interview him at his Crawford Ranch when Blair visits?
7. What does the Central Intelligence Agency never really come out and say categorically?
8. What does Rumsfeld suspect which leads him to suggest using this information as a way, an opportunity, to attack Iraq?
9. What does Hayden foresee about the conflict in Iraq that will cause strain to the NSA?
10. Describe the character of Tim and what is is supposed to do for the United States.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)