|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumsfeld suspects that __________ is in cahoots with Osama bin Laden.
(a) Prince Bandar
(b) Tony Blair
(c) George Bush
(d) Saddam Hussein
2. Saul sends Tim into Iraq with a crack ____________ team to recruit agents, push weak spots, and prepare for sabotage.
(a) NEW DAWN
3. Franks briefs the Joint Chiefs of Staff whose turf wars in ___________ he has criticized.
(a) North Korea
4. Michael Gerson works on the ____________ speech for President Bush to give to the country.
(a) War demands
(b) State of the Union
5. ___________ learns the Pentagon is revising a massive Iraq war plan and he cannot believe they would do this while already at war.
(a) Dick Cheney
(b) George Bush
(c) Colin Powell
(d) Tommy Franks
Short Answer Questions
1. The ____________ worries about short munitions and the effect on efforts in Afghanistan.
2. The New York Times reports the administration is charging Iraq with buying ___________ to use in enriching uranium for a bomb.
3. A ____________ run after Bush's Axis of Evil speech determines signals intelligence on Iraq is negligible.
4. Bush wants Congress to pass a resolution supporting ______________ against Saddam.
5. _______ wants any escalation of the US presence in the region invisible to the world, but worrisome to Saddam.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael Gerson feel about the upcoming speech that he is writing for Bush's State of the Union?
2. What are the two paths that Powell sees will happen at this point of the Iraq conflict?
3. What is Wolfowitz's strategy that Colin Powell believes to be absurd when he advocates it?
4. What does Armitage push Powell to do as Powell is on edge with the military planning becoming dominant?
5. What are the advantages of the new Hybrid Plan that Franks proposes during the war planning process?
6. What does the Air Force worry about in relation to the idea of going into battle with Iraq?
7. What is Cheney sure will happen if they demand Saddam submit full WMD accounting?
8. Why does Bush bristle at clever reporters who interview him at his Crawford Ranch when Blair visits?
9. What is the definition of targeting that Rumsfeld wants to talk about with others?
10. What is the position and the responsibility of Michael V. Hayden?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)