|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On August 5, it is found out that the Generated Start Plan is executable, but versatile ____________ preparations are underway.
(a) Freedom Fighters'
(b) Running Start's
(c) Operation Iraqi Freedom's
(d) Shock and Awe's
2. The CIA has identified three major threats to security at the time of Bush's beginnings in office. What is NOT one of these threats?
(a) Rise of the Chinese military
(b) Proliferation of WMD
(c) North Korean nuclear weapon usage
(d) Al Qaeda network
3. Success in Afghanistan increases CIA Director ______________ standing with President Bush.
(a) Dick Cheney's
(b) Colin Powell's
(c) George Tenet's
(d) George Armitage's
4. The ______________ attacks define Bush's presidency as Pearl Harbor defined FDR's time in office.
(b) Iraqi force
5. George Tenet sends to small paramilitary teams into mountainous northern ____________.
(c) Saudi Arabia
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the used acronym for signals intelligence as it is gathered by the National Security Agency?
2. Bush dismisses the story in the New York Times about _____________ growing involvement in foreign policy decisions.
3. Rumsfeld tangles with Powell about UN sanctions on ____________ items Powell knows the French and Russians want reconsidered.
4. ____________ pushes Powell through regular private meetings to begin to build with Bush a relationship like the one Bush and Rumsfeld share.
5. The day after Powell's dinner with Bush, Franks orders the fast option, _____________, put in place.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bush bristle at clever reporters who interview him at his Crawford Ranch when Blair visits?
2. What does Bush reaffirm when he comes home on September 1?
3. What is the false story that Bush will use in order to sell his war plans to the government, the people, and the world?
4. What are the two paths that Powell sees will happen at this point of the Iraq conflict?
5. What does Michael Gerson feel about the upcoming speech that he is writing for Bush's State of the Union?
6. What is the goal of the line-by-line review by Rice of the draft National Security Presidential Directive?
7. What is the position and the responsibility of Michael V. Hayden?
8. What does Blair think about the threat of WMD in relation to Iraq and other countries?
9. What does Ari Fleischer say to the press in response to the story in the NY Times that Bush has highly detailed war plans?
10. What do the Marines worry about in relation to conflict in Iraq?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)