|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that Bush authorizes the CIA to do within Iraq?
(a) Disrupt financial operations
(b) Conduct sabotage
(c) Find Saddam's family
(d) Coordinate intelligence gathering
2. ___________ is troubled about Iraq after the briefings on the covert plan in Cheney's office.
(a) Donald Rumsfeld
(b) George W. Bush
(c) Senator Bob Graham
(d) Colin Powell
3. Success in Afghanistan increases CIA Director ______________ standing with President Bush.
(a) George Armitage's
(b) George Tenet's
(c) Dick Cheney's
(d) Colin Powell's
4. While staying below the press radar, Tommy Franks gets ______________ to where it can be considered official.
(a) Op. Shock and Awe
(b) Op. Plan 1003
(c) Op. Plan 911
(d) Op. Iraqi Freedom
5. The senators cannot frame an effective critique of Bush's request for a ______________.
(a) Covert assassination attempt
(d) Blank check
6. Saul asks for the job as no one else wants to head the "House of Broken _____."
7. What is the used acronym for signals intelligence as it is gathered by the National Security Agency?
8. The ___________ never declares categorically to the media that Saddam has WMD.
9. A ____________ run after Bush's Axis of Evil speech determines signals intelligence on Iraq is negligible.
(a) Fire Drill
(b) Rock Drill
10. Rumsfeld tangles with Powell about UN sanctions on ____________ items Powell knows the French and Russians want reconsidered.
(b) Dual use
11. George Tenet sends to small paramilitary teams into mountainous northern ____________.
(d) Saudi Arabia
12. Bush recalled to Woodward that he had been sure that the Iraqis longed for _____________ and would seize the moment.
13. What is the code name for the operatives working for Tim during his time in Iraq?
(a) Freedom Fighters
(b) COVERT OPS
(d) Mountain Rats
14. Iraq is now in the hands of ____________, even though CIA resources in the area are small.
(b) Donald Rumsfeld
(c) Tommy Franks
15. Cheney demands that Saddam's ______________ is the only issue and a debate ensures
(c) Threat against Bush
(d) Clear threat
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumsfeld wants to talk about _____________, the process of balancing military value with collateral damage to citizens.
2. ____________ is the strength of any military plan, says Powell, and advises Franks to keep the force as small as is practical.
3. Tony Blair believes Iraq poses less _________ threat than North Korea or Iran.
4. This chapter reinforces how vital ________ efforts are and shows one member of intelligence able to read Bush's signals.
5. Michael Hayden still downplays the WMD in Iraq as _______________.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)