|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Briefing Bush and the NSC, Franks implies recent assertions about ____________ are overblown.
(c) Bin Laden
2. Wolfowitz sees no need to bog down troops in the mountains when _________ offers a brittle battle.
(d) North Korea
3. Tim hooks up with the PUK man he met in August, who introduces him to two brothers and their important father, nicknamed ____________.
(a) Good Luck
(c) The Pope
4. What is NOT one of the things that Bush authorizes the CIA to do within Iraq?
(a) Disrupt financial operations
(b) Conduct sabotage
(c) Coordinate intelligence gathering
(d) Find Saddam's family
5. ___________ targets November 2002 through February 2003 for the war start, but insists he will launch anytime the President orders.
(a) Dick Cheney
(b) Colin Powell
(c) Tommy Franks
(d) Donald Rumsfeld
6. _______ wants any escalation of the US presence in the region invisible to the world, but worrisome to Saddam.
(a) George Tenet
(b) Donald Rumsfeld
(c) George Bush
(d) Dick Cheney
7. ___________ learns the Pentagon is revising a massive Iraq war plan and he cannot believe they would do this while already at war.
(a) George Bush
(b) Dick Cheney
(c) Colin Powell
(d) Tommy Franks
8. Iraq is now in the hands of ____________, even though CIA resources in the area are small.
(a) Tommy Franks
(c) Donald Rumsfeld
9. The Marines worry about the effect of WMD use on Iraqi citizens and the uncertainty of ___________ warfare .
(c) Hand to hand
10. Bush recalled to Woodward that he had been sure that the Iraqis longed for _____________ and would seize the moment.
11. On August 5, it is found out that the Generated Start Plan is executable, but versatile ____________ preparations are underway.
(a) Operation Iraqi Freedom's
(b) Shock and Awe's
(c) Freedom Fighters'
(d) Running Start's
12. Bush wants Congress to pass a resolution supporting ______________ against Saddam.
(a) Economic sanctions
(b) UN discussions
(d) Military force
13. Success in Afghanistan increases CIA Director ______________ standing with President Bush.
(a) Colin Powell's
(b) George Armitage's
(c) Dick Cheney's
(d) George Tenet's
14. The __________ worries about the small attacking force and supplying such a rapid advance.
(d) Air Force
15. Powell is beginning to show his anger at always being below ____________ in the pecking order.
(a) Donald Rumsfeld
(b) President Bush
(c) Richard Armitage
(d) Dick Cheney
Short Answer Questions
1. On the heels of Bush's invasion of __________, word of war planning in Iraq will ignite a firestorm.
2. Saul asks for the job as no one else wants to head the "House of Broken _____."
3. As the Iraq plan begins to develop, ______________ begins to swagger and to deceive others.
4. Bush on September 19 tells 11 congressmen that al Qaeda is being hunted down successfully, so Saddam and his ________ are the biggest threat.
5. Snowcroft, a private consultant, publishes in the Wall Stress Journal a piece stating ______________ is not connected to 9/11.
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)