|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elder Bush's NSA declared an attack on Iraq will turn the Middle East into a _____________, setting back the war on terrorism.
(b) Third World country
(c) Death zone
2. Bush and Rumsfeld decide to go to the ____________ to ask for honest opinions about Iraq.
3. Tim hooks up with the PUK man he met in August, who introduces him to two brothers and their important father, nicknamed ____________.
(b) The Pope
(d) Good Luck
4. There is consensus that ___________ will be needed to stabilize a post-Saddam Iraq, war or no war.
(a) US forces
(b) UN troops
(c) UN resolutions
(d) Worldwide involvement
5. Rumsfeld wants to talk about _____________, the process of balancing military value with collateral damage to citizens.
(b) Cost-benefit ratio
(c) War timeq
6. ___________ is sure that demanding Saddam submit full WMD accounting within 30 days will prove he's been lying.
(a) Condoleeza Rice
(b) Donald Rumsfeld
(c) George W. Bush
(d) Dick Cheney
7. The senators cannot frame an effective critique of Bush's request for a ______________.
(b) Blank check
(c) Covert assassination attempt
8. Powell is beginning to show his anger at always being below ____________ in the pecking order.
(a) Donald Rumsfeld
(b) Richard Armitage
(c) Dick Cheney
(d) President Bush
9. The day after Powell's dinner with Bush, Franks orders the fast option, _____________, put in place.
(a) Enduring Iraqi Freedom
(b) Now or Never
(c) Shock and Awe
10. _______ wants any escalation of the US presence in the region invisible to the world, but worrisome to Saddam.
(a) Donald Rumsfeld
(b) Dick Cheney
(c) George Tenet
(d) George Bush
11. Rumsfeld tangles with Powell about UN sanctions on ____________ items Powell knows the French and Russians want reconsidered.
(d) Dual use
12. A ____________ run after Bush's Axis of Evil speech determines signals intelligence on Iraq is negligible.
(a) Rock Drill
(d) Fire Drill
13. What is the name of the book George W. Bush reads to learn more about the big stick diplomacy policy?
(a) Theodore Rex
(b) Walk Softly: A President's Mission
(c) No More War Without Violence
(d) The Life and Times of FDR
14. Bush just wants an _____________, the end of Saddam and WMD, which he impresses upon Gerson for his speech.
(b) Overall solution
15. On February 28, Franks presents data on _______________ possible targets, a number that pleases Rumsfeld.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bush takes Rumsfeld aside on November 21, 2001 to start planning in secrecy the removal of _______________.
2. Using stoplight graphics that Bush enjoys, Franks charts ________ of when month-by-month events can and should proceed.
3. Iraq is now in the hands of ____________, even though CIA resources in the area are small.
4. ___________ targets November 2002 through February 2003 for the war start, but insists he will launch anytime the President orders.
5. Saul sends Tim into Iraq with a crack ____________ team to recruit agents, push weak spots, and prepare for sabotage.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)