|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ reads in Bush's body language that he has already decided to depose Saddam.
(a) Scooter Libby
(b) Colin Powell
(c) Dick Cheney
(d) Donald Rumsfeld
2. Bush dismisses the story in the New York Times about _____________ growing involvement in foreign policy decisions.
(a) Dick Cheney's
(b) Karl Rove's
(c) Colin Powell's
(d) Donald Rumsfeld's
3. Bush releases the proposed language of the resolution, and the Washington Post declares Bush has virtually routed the ____________.
(d) Saudi Arabians
4. What is NOT one of the things that Bush authorizes the CIA to do within Iraq?
(a) Disrupt financial operations
(b) Conduct sabotage
(c) Coordinate intelligence gathering
(d) Find Saddam's family
5. While staying below the press radar, Tommy Franks gets ______________ to where it can be considered official.
(a) Op. Shock and Awe
(b) Op. Plan 1003
(c) Op. Plan 911
(d) Op. Iraqi Freedom
6. Cheney demands that Saddam's ______________ is the only issue and a debate ensures
(a) Threat against Bush
(c) Clear threat
7. Bush's preemptive doctrine is _________________ no nation should accept.
(c) Slave trading
8. The CIA has identified three major threats to security at the time of Bush's beginnings in office. What is NOT one of these threats?
(a) Proliferation of WMD
(b) Rise of the Chinese military
(c) North Korean nuclear weapon usage
(d) Al Qaeda network
9. Elder Bush's NSA declared an attack on Iraq will turn the Middle East into a _____________, setting back the war on terrorism.
(a) Third World country
(d) Death zone
10. What will the strike on Iraq be deemed if only the US is involved in the actual fighting?
11. Bush on September 19 tells 11 congressmen that al Qaeda is being hunted down successfully, so Saddam and his ________ are the biggest threat.
12. The day after Powell's dinner with Bush, Franks orders the fast option, _____________, put in place.
(a) Shock and Awe
(b) Enduring Iraqi Freedom
(c) Now or Never
13. George Tenet sends to small paramilitary teams into mountainous northern ____________.
(a) Saudi Arabia
14. Franks briefs the Joint Chiefs of Staff whose turf wars in ___________ he has criticized.
(c) North Korea
15. ____________ is the strength of any military plan, says Powell, and advises Franks to keep the force as small as is practical.
Short Answer Questions
1. The name of the National Security Presidential Direction was Iraq: Goals, Objectives, and ______________."
2. The __________ worries about the small attacking force and supplying such a rapid advance.
3. The senators cannot frame an effective critique of Bush's request for a ______________.
4. The ___________ never declares categorically to the media that Saddam has WMD.
5. Bush sends ___________ to demand the Pakastanis eliminate the threat of the answer to #13.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)