|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bush wants Congress to pass a resolution supporting ______________ against Saddam.
(a) UN discussions
(b) Economic sanctions
(c) Military force
2. What is the name of the book George W. Bush reads to learn more about the big stick diplomacy policy?
(a) No More War Without Violence
(b) Walk Softly: A President's Mission
(c) Theodore Rex
(d) The Life and Times of FDR
3. Elder Bush's NSA declared an attack on Iraq will turn the Middle East into a _____________, setting back the war on terrorism.
(a) Death zone
(d) Third World country
4. Rumsfeld orders plans for the "Liberation of ____________" and postwar stability operations.
5. The ___________ never declares categorically to the media that Saddam has WMD.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael Gerson works on the ____________ speech for President Bush to give to the country.
2. George Tenet sends to small paramilitary teams into mountainous northern ____________.
3. Bush argues that Iraq gathers the most serious dangers of our age into one place, evoking _____________ response to the Soviet missiles in Cuba.
4. Clinton officials brief the incoming Bush staff on enforcing ___________ zones in Iraq.
5. Though the media says that Bush has highly detailed war plans, ____________says they are prepared, but have not decided to go to war.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)