|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franks briefs the Joint Chiefs of Staff whose turf wars in ___________ he has criticized.
(d) North Korea
2. Rumsfeld wants to talk about _____________, the process of balancing military value with collateral damage to citizens.
(b) Cost-benefit ratio
(c) War timeq
3. Elder Bush's NSA declared an attack on Iraq will turn the Middle East into a _____________, setting back the war on terrorism.
(b) Third World country
(d) Death zone
4. Bush on September 19 tells 11 congressmen that al Qaeda is being hunted down successfully, so Saddam and his ________ are the biggest threat.
5. Powell recalls the saying of _____________: "It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."
(a) John F Kennedy
(b) Robert E. Lee
(c) George H.W. Bush
(d) Bill Clinton
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the false story about the regime include in order to sell the war plans?
2. Saddam in 1972 signed a ___________ with the Soviets to help make Iraq a Cold War pawn.
3. There is consensus that ___________ will be needed to stabilize a post-Saddam Iraq, war or no war.
4. Success in Afghanistan increases CIA Director ______________ standing with President Bush.
5. ____________ is the strength of any military plan, says Powell, and advises Franks to keep the force as small as is practical.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)