|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Success in Afghanistan increases CIA Director ______________ standing with President Bush.
(a) George Tenet's
(b) Colin Powell's
(c) George Armitage's
(d) Dick Cheney's
2. What does the false story about the regime include in order to sell the war plans?
(a) Planned train malfunctions
(b) Trade embargoes
(c) Economic sanctions
(d) Dirty bombs
3. Rumsfeld suspects that __________ is in cahoots with Osama bin Laden.
(a) George Bush
(b) Prince Bandar
(c) Tony Blair
(d) Saddam Hussein
4. Powell recalls the saying of _____________: "It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."
(a) Bill Clinton
(b) Robert E. Lee
(c) John F Kennedy
(d) George H.W. Bush
5. Bush later recalls that Tommy Franks confirmed that the war is absolutely _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumsfeld tangles with Powell about UN sanctions on ____________ items Powell knows the French and Russians want reconsidered.
2. ____________ reads in Bush's body language that he has already decided to depose Saddam.
3. Clinton officials brief the incoming Bush staff on enforcing ___________ zones in Iraq.
4. Bush makes headlines demanding that Iraq readmit UN _____________.
5. Bush in his speech brings together North Korea, Iran, and Iraq to become the ____________.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)