|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bush slips when he is with the Italian PM saying that Saddam will not be allowed to ________________.
(a) Stay in power
(c) Hide from him
(d) Breathe again
2. Bush wants Congress to pass a resolution supporting ______________ against Saddam.
(a) UN discussions
(c) Military force
(d) Economic sanctions
3. On February 24, Bush and the NSC are briefs on the Iraqi ___________ reentering the world after free of UN sanctions.
(a) Gold mines
(d) Petroleum industry
4. Blair visits Camp David in order to ask for a _____________________ for political purposes.
(a) Reprieve from sending troops
(b) Second UN resolution
(c) Chance to send troops to Iraq
(d) Sit down with Iraq
5. ______________ and China have commercial ties with Iraq and are on record opposing the US efforts to oust Saddam.
(a) North Korea
Short Answer Questions
1. Success in Afghanistan increases CIA Director ______________ standing with President Bush.
2. The senators cannot frame an effective critique of Bush's request for a ______________.
3. ____________ is the strength of any military plan, says Powell, and advises Franks to keep the force as small as is practical.
4. Colin Powell sees __________ as isolated and friendless and believes he will wither.
5. Tim is at __________ base in the foothills of Iraq at the start of this chapter.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)