|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While staying below the press radar, Tommy Franks gets ______________ to where it can be considered official.
(a) Op. Plan 911
(b) Op. Iraqi Freedom
(c) Op. Plan 1003
(d) Op. Shock and Awe
2. Briefing Bush and the NSC, Franks implies recent assertions about ____________ are overblown.
(d) Bin Laden
3. _________ is an ex-SEAL, fluent in Arabic, and tasked with leading a team of seven from Turkey to halfway to Baghdad.
4. Cheney calls for a _____________ to research and produce vaccines against WMD.
(a) Peacekeeping mission
(b) Medical NASA
(c) UN resolution
(d) French hospital
5. Success in Afghanistan increases CIA Director ______________ standing with President Bush.
(a) Colin Powell's
(b) George Armitage's
(c) Dick Cheney's
(d) George Tenet's
Short Answer Questions
1. George Tenet sends to small paramilitary teams into mountainous northern ____________.
2. Rumsfeld's idea of dribbling deployment works and he holds off on big call-ups of reservists until after ____________.
3. Tony Blair believes Iraq poses less _________ threat than North Korea or Iran.
4. Bush dismisses the story in the New York Times about _____________ growing involvement in foreign policy decisions.
5. Powell is beginning to show his anger at always being below ____________ in the pecking order.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)