|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While staying below the press radar, Tommy Franks gets ______________ to where it can be considered official.
(a) Op. Plan 911
(b) Op. Plan 1003
(c) Op. Iraqi Freedom
(d) Op. Shock and Awe
2. Success in Afghanistan increases CIA Director ______________ standing with President Bush.
(a) Colin Powell's
(b) George Tenet's
(c) George Armitage's
(d) Dick Cheney's
3. Michael V. Hayden is Director of the _____________, heading a staff of 32,000 people.
(a) Federal Bureau of Investigation
(b) Central Intelligence Agency
(c) Cover Military Operations Group
(d) National Security Agency
4. Briefing Bush and the NSC, Franks implies recent assertions about ____________ are overblown.
(d) Bin Laden
5. George Tenet sends to small paramilitary teams into mountainous northern ____________.
(d) Saudi Arabia
Short Answer Questions
1. A year later, Bush tells Woodward that __________ agonizes over battlefield deaths and the domestic protests his orders might cause.
2. Powell is beginning to show his anger at always being below ____________ in the pecking order.
3. Ground commanders will know their foes better than they know themselves by accessing the secure ______________.
4. Rumsfeld orders plans for the "Liberation of ____________" and postwar stability operations.
5. Bush dismisses the story in the New York Times about _____________ growing involvement in foreign policy decisions.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)