Prologue | Chapter 1
• Bush Jr. talks to Rumsfeld about trying to remove Hussein from power.
• Rumsfeld orders Franks to deliver a commander's estimate on Iraq.
• Condoleeza Rice and Dick Cheney are also on board with Bush's plan.
• Bush's transition to power is rocky.
• The argument for handling Iraq continues on even though it is not discussed in detail with Clinton officials.
Chapter 2 | Chapter 3
• The 9/11 attacks define the Bush presidency.
• Tenet had warned Bush about al-Qaeda before 9/11 but Bush did not see its urgency.
• Bush authorizes CIA and military operations against terrorists worldwide.
• Cheney pushes for an Iraq war.
• Rumsfeld wants to defeat enemies quickly.
• Bush demands Iraq allow in UN inspectors.
• Franks and Renaurt cut solders from the Op Plan 1003.
Chapter 4 | Chapter 5
• Bush uses a false story to sell his war plans, one involving a dirty bomb.
• Scooter works to advance Cheney's agenda.
• Bush finds Teddy Roosevelt's 'big stick'...
This section contains 1,346 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)