|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Regans tell Izzy about their plans to make her part of their family?
2. What does Hollis hold to her face when it falls out of her pocket?
3. What day is it in Chapter 12?
4. Where does Hollis ask Steven to take her as she jumps on the back of the snowmobile?
5. What does Hollis want to announce from the top of the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Hollis compare her worries of trying to fit into the Regan family?
2. What is Steven's response when Hollis tells him the reason why she did not want to go back to the Regans' house?
3. What startles Hollis when she tries to fish on the riverbank?
4. Describe Hollis' encounter with Steven in the woods as she is walking to make a phone call to Beatrice.
5. What gifts do Hollis and Josie give each other for Christmas?
6. Why does Hollis run away from the Regans' home after the truck accident and refuse to see any of them again?
7. How does the author show that someone knows that Hollis and Josie are staying at the Summer house?
8. What does Steven do and say to show that he loves Hollis as a sister when they spend some time on the mountain?
9. How does Hollis feel when she sees Old Man's Mountain as they near the summer house, and what does she say to the Old Man in her head?
10. What clues does Hollis have that Steven is playing Santa Claus for her and Josie in the summer house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mrs. Regan. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Steven. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of family. Identify at least two instances about family in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)