|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hollis say when Josie gives her the wooden figure she carved of Hollis?
(a) It doesn't look like a mountain of trouble.
(b) It is smaller than she thought it would be.
(c) It's the best gift she ever got.
(d) It still needs a little work.
2. Where does Hollis park Josie's car?
(a) In the garage.
(b) In the carport.
(c) In the backyard.
(d) In the shed.
3. Hollis wonders what the Old Man would think about ________________________.
(a) her spending Christmas in his house.
(c) Josie's statues.
(d) her new drawings.
4. What name does Steven call Holly which makes the Old Man mad?
(a) Sister Loon.
(b) Sister Moon.
(c) Sister Seaweed.
(d) Sister Crane.
5. What does Hollis go outside to get to decorate for Christmas in Chapter 13?
(a) Rose hip branches.
(b) Birds nests.
(c) Evergreen branches.
(d) Holly branches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josie give to Hollis for Christmas?
2. What does Hollis do when she sees Steven's head against the wheel of the truck after the crash?
3. What happens to Josie when she ventures outside?
4. How did Steven know Hollis was at the Summer house?
5. Where does Hollis hide her fishing pole?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Steven's response when Hollis tells him the reason why she did not want to go back to the Regans' house?
2. How does Hollis feel when she sees Old Man's Mountain as they near the summer house, and what does she say to the Old Man in her head?
3. Why does Hollis feel bad that Steven and the Old Man seem to fight so much?
4. What clues does Hollis have that Steven is playing Santa Claus for her and Josie in the summer house?
5. Why does Hollis not actually draw the Eleventh Picture, On the Mountain?
6. To what does Hollis compare her worries of trying to fit into the Regan family?
7. What does Steven do and say to show that he loves Hollis as a sister when they spend some time on the mountain?
8. What touching scene does Hollis create in her Ninth Picture, Izzy's Cake?
9. Why does Hollis not ask Josie about the green sweater now hanging in the shed but which Hollis had left at the riverbank the day she saw someone on the opposite bank?
10. What things does Hollis say to the Regans in her head as she prepares for the escape trip with Josie?
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)