|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Josie and Beatrice compliment Hollis on her ____________________.
(a) blue eyes.
(b) athletic abilities.
(d) artistic talent.
2. What does Hollis tell the Old Man that Hollis Woods is?
(a) A condo development.
(b) A novel.
(c) A famous artist.
(d) A section in Queens, New York.
3. Where is the Old Man going to take Hollis?
(a) To school.
(b) To the ice cream shop.
(c) To the dentist.
(d) To the movie.
4. Josie drives Hollis to see ____________________.
(a) the Atlantic Ocean.
(b) the Colorado River.
(c) the Ohio River.
(d) Lake Superior.
5. Beatrice wants to take a trip to the Southwest to paint the desert and __________________.
(b) adobe houses.
(d) Native American people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hollis plan to take Josie so that she can take care of her until Beatrice comes home?
2. What do Josie and Hollis eat every night?
3. Who does Josie try to call when she learns that she has to leave Josie's home?
4. What dish does Izzy teach Hollis to prepare?
5. Why is Hollis especially concerned about leaving Josie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hollis' "W" picture represent and what role does it play in Hollis' life?
2. How does Hollis' concern for the fighting between the Old Man and Steven foreshadow what Hollis will feel about it later in the book?
3. How much does Beatrice's praise of her art affect Hollis?
4. What does Hollis' desire to go back to the day she met Steven and the Old Man mean/
5. What is featured in Hollis' Third Picture, Fishing in the Delaware River?
6. How does Hollis first meet Steven?
7. What nickname does Hollis call Mr. Regan?
8. How is Hollis preoccupied with the Regans even while she is living with Josie?
9. Why does Hollis tell Josie that they are going on an adventure to the Regans' Summer house?
10. What event is depicted in Hollis' Sixth Picture, Driving the Truck?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)