|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is hugging Hollis in her drawing, End of Summer?
(a) The Old Man.
(b) The Mustard Woman.
2. What does Mr. Regan beg Hollis to do?
(a) Get a good education.
(b) Return to the family.
(c) Take art classes.
(d) Take care of her teeth.
3. What does Hollis find hanging on the doorknob of the shed?
(a) A bag of groceries.
(b) A little wreath.
(c) A camera strap.
(d) Steven's sweater.
4. What does Hollis tell Josie about why they must hurry and leave for their adventure?
(a) The Mustard Woman has called and is on her way over.
(b) The roads will be too snow-covered to drive safely.
(c) Josie will be forced to live somewhere else.
(d) It is almost daylight and people will see them leaving.
5. How can Hollis tell that Josie is homesick?
(a) She talks about Beatrice.
(b) She sighs heavily.
(c) Her eyes tear up while singing carols.
(d) She stares out the window a long time.
6. What does Hollis hold to her face when it falls out of her pocket?
(d) Sea shell.
7. What did Steven tell Hollis to do when the truck sped out of control on the mountain?
(a) Lay on the horn.
(b) Hit the breaks.
(c) Fasten her seat belt.
8. What is Hollis pleased to find in her bedroom of the Summer house?
(a) Her drawing box.
(b) Her purse.
(c) Her jewelry box.
(d) Her backpack.
9. What does Hollis imagine when she thinks of reuniting with the Regans?
(a) Having a picnic with them.
(b) Having dinner with them.
(c) Hugging them.
(d) Watching TV with them.
10. In Hollis' drawing, Hollis Woods, Hollis feels like she is ________________.
11. What does Hollis tell the person in #163?
(a) Merry Christmas.
(b) Happy Thanksgiving.
(c) Happy New Year.
(d) Happy Birthday.
12. For their trip to the Summer house, Hollis packs food and ___________________.
(b) music CDs.
(c) Christmas ornaments.
13. What does Hollis say when Josie gives her the wooden figure she carved of Hollis?
(a) It still needs a little work.
(b) It is smaller than she thought it would be.
(c) It's the best gift she ever got.
(d) It doesn't look like a mountain of trouble.
14. Hollis remembers that Steven once said that in modern times Santa Claus would come _________________ instead of a sleigh.
(a) on a motorcycle.
(b) on a snowmobile.
(c) in a Hummer.
(d) in a limousine.
15. What does Josie find in the house that she wants to wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Josie want to go on Christmas?
2. How did Steven know Hollis was at the Summer house?
3. What has occurred in Josie's drawing, A Mountain of Trouble?
4. What does Hollis see in the shed that makes her cringe?
5. What sound does Hollis hear as she stands outside in the cold?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)