|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hollis thinks that one day she will build a house ___________________.
(a) on a mountain.
(b) in the desert.
(c) near the beach.
(d) in the city.
2. Who is driving the truck in the Sixth Picture, Driving the Truck?
3. Who is Josie's cat?
4. What form of transportation does Hollis take to get to the Regans' town?
5. What reason does Hollis give Josie for their little trip?
(a) She is doing some research.
(b) She wants to paint a river scene.
(c) She needs to see the Regans.
(d) It is an adventure.
6. Which of the following is NOT included in the art materials the Old Man gives to Hollis?
(b) A pad of paper.
(d) Colored pencils.
7. Beatrice wants to take a trip to the Southwest to paint the desert and __________________.
(c) Native American people.
(d) adobe houses.
8. What does Hollis realize she will have to do if she wants to stay with Josie?
(a) She will have to get a part-time job.
(b) She will have to learn to cook.
(c) She will have to go to school.
(d) She will have to clean her room.
9. When Hollis sees the water in #23, it reminds her of fishing with whom?
(c) The Old Man.
10. What do Josie and Hollis eat every night?
11. Where does Steven try to teach Hollis to drive in the old truck?
(a) A country road.
(b) A field.
(c) A parking lot.
(d) A city street.
12. What does Hollis put in her jacket pocket for good luck?
(a) A four-leaf clover.
(b) A sea shell.
(c) A penny.
(d) A rabbit's foot.
13. What is Josie working on in Chapter 5?
(a) The wooden figure of Hollis.
(b) A watercolor.
(c) A marble sculpture.
(d) A tile mosaic table.
14. Hollis realizes that Josie is __________________.
(a) a professor.
(b) an artist.
(c) a chef.
(d) a model.
15. What is the name of Hollis' first grade teacher?
(a) Mrs. Edwards.
(b) Mrs. Ellis.
(c) Mrs. Evans.
(d) Mrs. Eugene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hollis do with the picture she draws of the woman in #4?
2. What is Hollis drawing when the Old Man comes out on the porch?
3. Why is Hollis going to have lunch with the woman in #79?
4. Hollis paints a picture of _________________ as she and Josie wait for Beatrice to arrive?
5. What sits on the opposite side of the Regans' summer house?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)