|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first grade teacher wanted Hollis to find a picture of something that started with ________.
2. What does Josie say she will make for Hollis if Hollis stays?
(a) Chocolate chip cookies.
(b) A dress.
(c) A new bedspread.
(d) A carved wood figure.
3. What does the woman in #71 tell Josie?
(a) The Regans want to adopt Hollis.
(b) It is time to find a different place for Hollis.
(c) It is time for Hollis' medical exams.
(d) Beatrice wants to adopt Hollis.
4. Who does Josie try to call when she learns that she has to leave Josie's home?
(b) The Old Man.
5. Who arrives at Josie's house that prompts Hollis and Josie to run away from the house?
(a) The Mustard Woman.
(b) A nosy neighbor.
(c) A salesman.
(d) A politician.
6. What was written on the note found with Hollis when she was a newborn?
(a) Call her Hollis Woods.
(b) I'll never forget you.
(c) I'm sorry.
(d) Please take care of my baby.
7. Josie and Beatrice compliment Hollis on her ____________________.
(a) athletic abilities.
(b) blue eyes.
(d) artistic talent.
8. What is Izzy doing in the Seventh Picture, Izzy?
(a) Baking cookies.
(c) Flipping pancakes.
(d) Lying in a hammock.
9. How much does Hollis earn scrubbing fish at the canal?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Four dollars.
(c) Fifty cents.
(d) One dollar.
10. What reason does Hollis give Josie for their little trip?
(a) It is an adventure.
(b) She wants to paint a river scene.
(c) She needs to see the Regans.
(d) She is doing some research.
11. What article of clothing does Josie give to Hollis because Hollis looks so pretty in it?
12. What does Hollis memorize during dinner?
(a) The Mustard Woman's license plate number.
(b) Josie's full name.
(c) Beatrice's phone number.
(d) The Regans' address.
13. What do Josie and Hollis do in exchange for their movie tickets?
(a) Pop popcorn.
(b) Sweep the theater.
(c) Take tickets.
(d) Sell candy.
14. Where is Beatrice going the next morning?
(d) New Mexico.
15. What name does Hollis call the lady she is staying with now?
(a) The Lemon Lady.
(b) The Lard Lady.
(c) The Lilac Lady.
(d) The Loopy Lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does the Old Man tell Hollis she has?
2. Where does Hollis plan to announce to the world that she has a family before the Summer ends?
3. What does Josie tell Hollis as she twirls in the street?
4. Who teaches Hollis to fish?
5. When Hollis sees the water in #23, it reminds her of fishing with whom?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)