|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Boy Willie states that he can hear his heart beating, how does he claim it beats?
(a) Softer than everyone else's heart.
(b) Boy Willie says that he had no heart left to beat.
(c) Just as loud as everyone else's heart.
(d) Louder than everyone else's heart.
2. How much has the potential buyer promised to pay for the piano in relation to his previous offer?
(a) He offers to pay more than previously offered.
(b) He offers to pay less than previously offered.
(c) He offers to pay the same amount as previously offered.
(d) There is no mention of how much the buyer has offered to pay for the piano.
3. What is Berniece preparing when Avery comes for a surprise visit?
(a) Her tax papers.
(b) The piano for cleaning.
(d) A bath.
4. Who overhears the conversation between Berniece and Maretha and tells Berniece that she is saying horrible things to her daughter?
(b) Wining Boy.
(d) Boy Willie.
5. How does the family member respond to the sight of Boy Willie and the young woman kissing?
(a) By breaking out into laughter.
(b) By demanding that Boy WIllie and woman leave.
(c) By turning around and ignoring the scene.
(d) By cursing Boy WIllie and the woman but allowing them to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avery claim is doing God's work in the town?
2. Who tells Berniece that Boy Willie is going to be removing the piano?
3. What role will Berniece play in Avery's new church?
4. Who tells Lymon that he'll eventually get what he wants from women as long as he keeps hoping?
5. What does Avery argue that a pastor needs to attract an audience?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)