|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Berniece order out of the room once she pulls the gun?
(b) Boy Willie.
2. What does Berniece ask Avery to do now that Maretha has seen Sutter's ghost?
(a) Burn the house down.
(b) Take the piano out of the house.
(c) Bless the house.
(d) Transform the house into a church.
3. What does Boy Willie use to block the door of the young woman's room?
(a) A chair.
(b) The dresser.
(c) The bed.
(d) A mirror.
4. The thwarting character demands that the pair wait for which character to return home before selling the piano?
(c) Wining Boy.
5. What role will Berniece play in Avery's new church?
(a) The choir director.
(b) An elder.
(c) The secretary.
(d) A deaconess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Berniece claim her mother could hear when the piano was played?
2. Boy Willie thinks that Berniece is teaching Maretha to live where?
3. What does Berniece send Maretha in to do when Boy Willie is telling her stories?
4. Who does Boy Willie accuse, other than Avery, of picking and choosing the scriptures that they believe in?
5. Who asks Boy Willie about the outcome of his date with the young woman?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)