|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family member respond to the sight of Boy Willie and the young woman kissing?
(a) By turning around and ignoring the scene.
(b) By breaking out into laughter.
(c) By cursing Boy WIllie and the woman but allowing them to stay.
(d) By demanding that Boy WIllie and woman leave.
2. What statement does Boy Willie make about death?
(a) That he is not afraid of death.
(b) That the idea of death terrifies him.
(c) That death is inevitable for everyone.
(d) That he hopes to die young.
3. What does Avery tell Berniece that she needs?
(a) Someone to love her.
(b) Someone to surprise her.
(c) Someone to support her.
(d) Someone to tell her the truth.
4. Who asks Boy Willie about the outcome of his date with the young woman?
(a) Boy Willie.
5. Which of the following items does Avery NOT use during his exorcism of the house?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A bottle of holy water.
(c) A lit candle.
(d) A wooden cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. The thwarting character demands that the pair wait for which character to return home before selling the piano?
2. What weapon does Berniece retrieve to protect herself and her belongings?
3. Who tells Berniece to stop carrying the load of her family history?
4. Boy Willie thinks that Berniece is teaching Maretha to live where?
5. What story does Boy Willie tell Maretha as he waxes wood for the dolly?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)