|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does the pair move the piano before their attempts are thwarted?
(a) They are unable to move the piano.
(b) They move the piano to the other side of the room.
(c) They move the piano out onto the lawn.
(d) They move the piano to the truck.
2. What does Wining Boy do when Boy Willie tries to move him from the piano?
(a) He wraps his legs around the piano bench, refusing to budge.
(b) He clenches his fists around the sheets of music.
(c) He spreads his arms over the keys.
(d) He lays his head down on the piano lid.
3. What does Avery tell Berniece that she needs?
(a) Someone to tell her the truth.
(b) Someone to love her.
(c) Someone to support her.
(d) Someone to surprise her.
4. Who does Boy Willie ask to help move the piano?
(a) Wining Boy.
5. What is Berniece preparing when Avery comes for a surprise visit?
(b) A bath.
(c) The piano for cleaning.
(d) Her tax papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character arrives to the final scene late, searching for Lymon to go to the movies?
2. What does Avery claim is doing God's work in the town?
3. Lymon compliments Berniece on what article of clothing?
4. What is the name of Avery's new landlord?
5. Which character openly discusses his hopes of finding a good job and bettering his life?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)