|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avery claim is doing God's work in the town?
(a) The Ghosts of Yellow Dog.
(b) The streetchildren in the town.
(c) The Sutter family ghosts.
(d) The music of the piano.
2. What sound is heard as the pair are attempting to move the piano for the potential buyer?
(a) Sutter's ghost whispering.
(b) Sutter's ghost singing.
(c) Sutter's ghost moaning.
(d) Sutter's ghost screaming.
3. In what room does Boy Willie convince the young woman to start kissing him?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the cellar.
4. Who does Lymon admit that he was interested in but wasn't quick enough to get to?
(b) Boy Willie's date.
5. What does Berniece tell Maretha would make the process of combing her hair easier?
(a) If Maretha were more responsible.
(b) If Maretha were prettier.
(c) If Maretha were older.
(d) If Maretha were a boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boy Willie leave the house to retrieve, hoping that it will help him move the piano?
2. After the scene with Boy Willie and the young woman is resolved, what beverage is set out to drink?
3. When the dead pet was not resurrected, what animal did Boy Willie kill in retaliation?
4. What advice does Lymon give to Berniece about her relationship with Avery?
5. What has Avery's new landlord given to the new church?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)