|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Berniece retrieve to protect herself and her belongings?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A rope.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
2. What story does Boy Willie tell Maretha as he waxes wood for the dolly?
(a) The story of their escape from slavery.
(b) The story of the piano's carvings.
(c) The story of the Ghosts of Yellow Dog.
(d) The story of his date with the young woman.
3. What does Berniece claim her mother could hear when the piano was played?
(a) Her father speaking to her.
(b) The music of heaven.
(c) The singing of the slaves.
(d) The moaning of the undead.
4. Boy Willie exhibits what emotion while attempting to move the piano for its potential buyer?
5. What role will Berniece play in Avery's new church?
(a) The secretary.
(b) The choir director.
(c) An elder.
(d) A deaconess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avery argue that a pastor needs to attract an audience?
2. What card game does Doaker frequently play?
3. What does Berniece ask Avery to do now that Maretha has seen Sutter's ghost?
4. What is the pair's reaction to the sudden sound coming from the piano?
5. What advice does Lymon give to Berniece about her relationship with Avery?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)