|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is described as never being able to hold down a job and constantly getting into trouble?
(b) Boy Willie.
(c) Wining Boy.
2. Which character is described as being rebellious, even as a little boy?
(a) Boy Willie.
(c) Boy Charles.
(d) Wining Boy.
3. What statement does Boy Willie make about death?
(a) That death is inevitable for everyone.
(b) That he hopes to die young.
(c) That he is not afraid of death.
(d) That the idea of death terrifies him.
4. Which of the following items does Avery NOT use during his exorcism of the house?
(a) A bottle of holy water.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A wooden cross.
(d) A lit candle.
5. What does Boy Willie leave the house to retrieve, hoping that it will help him move the piano?
(b) A ramp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real name of the Yellow Dog railway?
2. What are the final words spoken in the play before the stage lights fade to black?
3. What has Avery's new landlord given to the new church?
4. Who asks Boy Willie about the outcome of his date with the young woman?
5. What story does Boy Willie tell Maretha as he waxes wood for the dolly?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)