|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Boy Willie expect to teach Maretha about the significance of the piano?
(b) Momma Ola.
2. After he returns from the city, what does Wining Boy want to do to relax?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Drink whiskey.
(c) Walk through the park.
(d) Smoke cigars.
3. Which character has a change of heart after seeing Sutter's ghost and now believes that the piano should be sold?
(c) Wining Boy.
4. Which character admits to being on the run from the police?
(a) Uncle Doaker.
(c) Boy Willie.
5. Who tells Boy Willie the story of the way that Boy Charles was killed?
(a) Wining Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the ghost that Lyman claims killed Sutter?
2. What problem continually plagues Boy Willie and Lyman as they attempt to sell their fruit?
3. Which of the following characters does Boy Willie NOT ask about the potential buyer of the piano?
4. What is the name of Berniece's daughter?
5. What beverage do the men drink while discussing Parchman Prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confrontation do Boy Willie and Berniece get into as Boy Willie watches Berniece comb Maretha's hair?
2. What does Boy Willie claim has happened to the man named Sutter?
3. How does Boy Willie respond to Doaker's intrusion as he is attempting to move the piano?
4. What role does Berniece play in the exorcism of Sutter's ghost?
5. When Wining Boy arrives at Doaker's home, he wants to know what is happening with Boy Willie and his sales. What does Doaker tell him?
6. What happens when Doaker emerges to see Boy Willie and Lymon attempting to move the piano?
7. What does Avery tell Berniece when he comes to visit her while she is preparing a bath?
8. When Berniece and Lymon's conversation turns to Avery, what advice does Lymon give to Berniece about the relationship?
9. Why has Avery shown up at the Charles home?
10. What happens when Berniece threatens Boy Willie with the gun?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)