|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Doaker suspect Berniece is having a relationship with?
(b) Wining Boy.
2. What is the name of Berniece's daughter?
(c) Mama Ola.
3. Which of the following was NOT an element in Avery's significant dream?
4. Which of the following characters does Boy Willie NOT ask about the potential buyer of the piano?
5. What type of song does Maretha play on the piano?
(a) An advanced jig.
(b) A beginner's song.
(c) A jazzy boogie-woogie.
(d) A dreamy lullabye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Avery's church?
2. The piano is stolen from the Sutter home during which holiday celebration?
3. Whose death does Berniece accuse Boy Willie of having a hand in?
4. How does Boy Willie react to Berniece's claim that she has seen a ghost?
5. What were the men attempting to steal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Doaker emerges to see Boy Willie and Lymon attempting to move the piano?
2. What lesson does Boy Willie give Maretha on the piano?
3. What happens when Boy Willie comes home from his date with Grace?
4. What does Boy Willie claim is the history of the railroad known as the Yellow Dog line?
5. What happens when Boy Willie continues to insist that he be told the name of the prospective buyer for the piano?
6. How did Sutter react to the disappearance of his prized piano?
7. How was Lymon's father killed?
8. What confrontation do Boy Willie and Berniece get into as Boy Willie watches Berniece comb Maretha's hair?
9. What reason does Berniece give her brother for wanting him out of the house?
10. What was Ophelia's reaction to the trade between her husband and Nolander?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)