|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much fruit does Boy Willie tell Avery he can take free of charge?
(d) As much as he wants.
2. What has Wining Boy brought to the city to pawn?
(a) The piano.
(b) Sheets of music.
(c) His car.
(d) His suit.
3. Which man was NOT involved in the theft that landed Boy Willie in prison?
(d) Boy Willie.
4. Which of the following characters does Boy Willie NOT ask about the potential buyer of the piano?
5. How does Boy Willie react to Berniece's claim that she has seen a ghost?
(a) He thinks she is being ridiculous.
(b) He is amused because there is no such thing as ghosts.
(c) He is confused why the ghost would come to her.
(d) He is terrified at the possibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lymon's last name?
2. What does Doaker believe is the significance of Sutter's blue suit?
3. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in stealing the piano from the Sutter home?
4. What color is the ghost that Lyman claims killed Sutter?
5. Who does Doaker suspect Berniece is having a relationship with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Boy Willie and Lymon end up in Pittsburgh?
2. What lesson does Boy Willie give Maretha on the piano?
3. What conflict arises between the siblings surrounding the future of the piano?
4. What does Boy Willie claim is the history of the railroad known as the Yellow Dog line?
5. What trade was made between the Charles and Sutter families at Ophelia's request?
6. How does Berniece respond to Avery's question when he unexpectedly comes to visit?
7. How does Wining Boy say that ghosts have affected his life?
8. What type of encounter does Boy Willie explain that he has had with the piano's potential buyer on his way home from Grace's?
9. How does Berniece respond when she happens upon Boy Willie and Grace?
10. What happens when Doaker emerges to see Boy Willie and Lymon attempting to move the piano?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)