|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage do the men drink while discussing Parchman Prison?
2. Berniece and her uncle live in which city?
3. Berniece claims she saw what before she left the house on the day that Wining Boy went to the city?
(a) Dark shadows dancing.
(b) Sutter's ghost.
(c) Her father's face.
(d) The ghost of Yellow Dog.
4. Who teases Doaker about the women who are after him?
(d) Boy Willie.
5. Who carved the piano legs at Sutter's request?
(a) Doaker's father.
(c) Doaker's grandfather.
(d) Doaker's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character admits to being on the run from the police?
2. What is the name of Avery's church?
3. Which member of the Sutter family desperately wanted the piano?
4. What does Boy Willie hope to buy from Sutter?
5. What does Boy Willie think is the most significant part of the piano?
Short Essay Questions
1. What religious rationalization does Boy WIllie have for the revenge he is seeking against the Sutter family?
2. What happens when Boy Willie comes home from his date with Grace?
3. What type of encounter does Boy Willie explain that he has had with the piano's potential buyer on his way home from Grace's?
4. What lesson does Boy Willie give Maretha on the piano?
5. What confrontation do Boy Willie and Berniece get into as Boy Willie watches Berniece comb Maretha's hair?
6. When Wining Boy arrives at Doaker's home, he wants to know what is happening with Boy Willie and his sales. What does Doaker tell him?
7. Why does Avery believe that Berniece should start a choir in her home?
8. What were the effects of the lumber theft that the men in the play were involved in?
9. Why won't Wining Boy play the piano when he is asked to?
10. What happens when Wining Boy goes to the city to pawn his belongings?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)