|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boy Willie complains that Lymon is obsessed with what?
2. Who does Boy Willie expect to teach Maretha about the significance of the piano?
(b) Momma Ola.
3. Which of the following was NOT an element in Avery's significant dream?
4. Whose ghost does Berniece think she has seen?
(a) Mama Ola.
(c) Wining Boy.
5. How does Boy Willie react to Berniece's claim that she has seen a ghost?
(a) He is terrified at the possibility.
(b) He thinks she is being ridiculous.
(c) He is confused why the ghost would come to her.
(d) He is amused because there is no such thing as ghosts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Wining Boy's occupation while he was married?
2. Which of the following characters does Boy Willie NOT ask about the potential buyer of the piano?
3. How much fruit does Boy Willie tell Avery he can take free of charge?
4. What color is the ghost wearing?
5. Boy Willie is trying to sell his fruit in what type of neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Boy Willie comes home from his date with Grace?
2. What happens when Wining Boy goes to the city to pawn his belongings?
3. What type of encounter does Boy Willie explain that he has had with the piano's potential buyer on his way home from Grace's?
4. When Boy Willie and Lymon realize that they cannot move the piano, how do they respond?
5. Why won't Wining Boy play the piano when he is asked to?
6. Why does Avery believe that Berniece should start a choir in her home?
7. What reason does Berniece give her brother for wanting him out of the house?
8. What lesson does Boy Willie give Maretha on the piano?
9. Why did Berneice stop playing the piano as a child?
10. What were the effects of the lumber theft that the men in the play were involved in?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)