|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After meeting a ghost on the railroad tracks, Wining Boy claims that he has had good luck for how long?
(a) Thirty days.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Thirty years.
2. The piano is stolen from the Sutter home during which holiday celebration?
(c) Fourth of July.
(d) Memorial Day.
3. How much fruit does Boy Willie tell Avery he can take free of charge?
(b) As much as he wants.
4. What does Doaker do for a living?
(a) He performs maintenance.
(b) He is a steward.
(c) He is a cook.
(d) He is a conductor.
5. What does Doaker believe is the significance of Sutter's blue suit?
(a) Doaker believes it was the suit Sutter was wearing when he died.
(b) Doaker believes it was the suit Sutter was wearing when he fell in love.
(c) Doaker believes it was the first suit Sutter purchased.
(d) Doaker believes it was his burial suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character believes that life would be much easier if people stayed at home and appreciated their lives instead of traveling?
2. Which character admits to being on the run from the police?
3. What does Avery do for a living?
4. After he returns from the city, what does Wining Boy want to do to relax?
5. What is the name of Avery's church?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Avery get the idea to switch his profession to preacher?
2. What happens when Boy Willie continues to insist that he be told the name of the prospective buyer for the piano?
3. Why does Boy Willie tease Doaker about his profession?
4. How does Boy Willie respond to Doaker's intrusion as he is attempting to move the piano?
5. How does Wining Boy say that ghosts have affected his life?
6. Why won't Wining Boy play the piano when he is asked to?
7. What trade was made between the Charles and Sutter families at Ophelia's request?
8. What story does Boy Willie tell his sister about the dog he had as a child?
9. Whose ghost does Berniece think that she sees, and what does it tell her?
10. What does Avery tell Berniece when he comes to visit her while she is preparing a bath?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)