|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Berniece and her uncle live in which city?
2. How much money does Wining Boy ask for as a loan from Doaker?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
3. What does Boy Willie think is the most significant part of the piano?
(a) The wood.
(b) The keys.
(c) The legs.
(d) The music.
4. What has Wining Boy brought to the city to pawn?
(a) Sheets of music.
(b) His car.
(c) The piano.
(d) His suit.
5. Who does the grocery shopping in the Charles home?
(c) Boy Willie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sutter find and kill Boy Charles?
2. What is Doaker doing when Wining Boy shows up at the house?
3. What were the men attempting to steal?
4. After he returns from the city, what does Wining Boy want to do to relax?
5. Who does Wining Boy reveal he helped bail out of jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Boy Willie and Lymon attempt to move the piano for its potential buyer?
2. What happens when Boy Willie continues to insist that he be told the name of the prospective buyer for the piano?
3. What realization does Boy Willie make when he hears his heart beating as a "black man's heart"?
4. What confrontation do Boy Willie and Berniece get into as Boy Willie watches Berniece comb Maretha's hair?
5. How does Avery believe Sutter died, and what reasoning does he give to back up his argument?
6. What happens when Wining Boy goes to the city to pawn his belongings?
7. How was Lymon's father killed?
8. What reason does Berniece give her brother for wanting him out of the house?
9. What story does Boy Willie tell his sister about the dog he had as a child?
10. Why won't Wining Boy play the piano when he is asked to?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)