|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Avery's church?
(a) The Hands of God.
(b) The Good Shepherd.
(c) The Mannah of Man.
(d) The Light of the World.
2. After he returns from the city, what does Wining Boy want to do to relax?
(a) Smoke cigars.
(b) Drink whiskey.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Walk through the park.
3. How does Boy Willie react to Berniece's claim that she has seen a ghost?
(a) He is confused why the ghost would come to her.
(b) He thinks she is being ridiculous.
(c) He is amused because there is no such thing as ghosts.
(d) He is terrified at the possibility.
4. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in stealing the piano from the Sutter home?
(b) Boy Willie.
(c) Wining Boy.
(d) Boy Charles.
5. What is the first name of the Sutter who owned the Charles family as slaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT an element in Avery's significant dream?
2. After Lymon comes home from work and changes, what does he want to go into the city looking for?
3. What does Boy Willie think is the most significant part of the piano?
4. What color is the ghost that Lyman claims killed Sutter?
5. What does Doaker do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Doaker emerges to see Boy Willie and Lymon attempting to move the piano?
2. What does Berniece ask Avery to do after Maretha has seen Sutter's ghost, and how does Avery respond?
3. What happens when Berniece threatens Boy Willie with the gun?
4. Why won't Wining Boy play the piano when he is asked to?
5. What religious rationalization does Boy WIllie have for the revenge he is seeking against the Sutter family?
6. After a long day selling watermelons and trying to pawn clothing, how do the men in the Charles family settle down to relax?
7. What is revealed about Wining Boy's life as a musician while married?
8. What was Ophelia's reaction to the trade between her husband and Nolander?
9. How does Lymon come into possession of Wining Boy's suit?
10. When Avery arrives with his Bible to begin the exorcism, what information does he give Doaker about the state of the new church?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)