|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has a change of heart after seeing Sutter's ghost and now believes that the piano should be sold?
(c) Wining Boy.
2. What is Doaker doing when Wining Boy shows up at the house?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Hanging laundry.
(c) Mopping floors.
(d) Cooking dinner.
3. What does Wining Boy carry with him that has a weight as heavy as a piano?
(a) His guilt.
(b) His talent.
(c) HIs fears.
(d) His questions.
4. What does Berniece do for a living?
(a) Tutors children.
(b) Washes laundry.
(c) Cleans houses.
(d) Repairs automobiles.
5. What name was the ghost repeating?
(a) Mama Ola.
(c) Uncle Doaker.
(d) Boy Willie.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wining Boy returns home from the city, how much money does he say he received?
2. Which character becomes very emotional and attacks Boy Willie upon seeing the piano moved?
3. Which character states that the law of the white man is meaningless, and he has created a new set of laws?
4. What color is the ghost wearing?
5. Lymon and Boy Willie have come to sell what fruit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Boy Willie and Grace once they left to return to her apartment?
2. What kind of fight does Boy Willie get into with Sutter's ghost?
3. How do Boy Willie and Lymon end up in Pittsburgh?
4. What events have prompted Doaker to believe that Berniece should sell the piano as soon as possible?
5. What realization does Boy Willie make when he hears his heart beating as a "black man's heart"?
6. What does Wining Boy reveal about Lymon's father and Wining Boy's relationship with Lymon's mother?
7. How was Lymon's father killed?
8. What does Boy Willie believe about the laws of the white man?
9. What happens when Wining Boy goes to the city to pawn his belongings?
10. How does Avery believe Sutter died, and what reasoning does he give to back up his argument?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)