|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has a change of heart after seeing Sutter's ghost and now believes that the piano should be sold?
(c) Wining Boy.
2. Which character believes that life would be much easier if people stayed at home and appreciated their lives instead of traveling?
(a) Boy Willie.
3. What beverage do the men drink while discussing Parchman Prison?
4. Who does Wining Boy reveal he helped bail out of jail?
(b) Lymon's cousin.
(c) Lymon's father.
(d) Lymon's brother.
5. Which character states that the law of the white man is meaningless, and he has created a new set of laws?
(a) Wining Boy.
(b) Boy Willie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the men attempting to steal?
2. Where does Sutter find and kill Boy Charles?
3. How much fruit does Lyman and Boy Willie sell on the day that Wining Boy goes to the city?
4. Who does the grocery shopping in the Charles home?
5. Who offers herself to Wining Boy as repayment for helping bail a family member out of jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Avery arrives with his Bible to begin the exorcism, what information does he give Doaker about the state of the new church?
2. What conflict arises between the siblings surrounding the future of the piano?
3. After his failed date, what gift does Lymon give to Berniece, and what is her response to the gesture?
4. How do Boy Willie and Lymon end up in Pittsburgh?
5. What happens when Doaker emerges to see Boy Willie and Lymon attempting to move the piano?
6. Why does Avery believe that Berniece should start a choir in her home?
7. What lesson does Boy Willie give Maretha on the piano?
8. When Wining Boy arrives at Doaker's home, he wants to know what is happening with Boy Willie and his sales. What does Doaker tell him?
9. When Boy Willie and Lymon realize that they cannot move the piano, how do they respond?
10. What were the effects of the lumber theft that the men in the play were involved in?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)