|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death does Berniece accuse Boy Willie of having a hand in?
(a) Mama Ola's.
(d) Uncle Doaker's.
2. Which man was NOT involved in the theft that landed Boy Willie in prison?
(a) Boy Willie.
3. Who purchases clothing from Wining Boy?
(b) Boy Willie.
4. Who does Doaker suspect Berniece is having a relationship with?
(c) Wining Boy.
5. Who offers herself to Wining Boy as repayment for helping bail a family member out of jail?
(a) Lymon's cousin.
(b) Lymon's aunt.
(c) Lymon's mother.
(d) Lymon's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family traded the piano to the Sutter family for slaves?
2. What does Boy Willie threaten to do to the piano?
3. What is the first name of the Sutter who owned the Charles family as slaves?
4. What is Doaker doing when Wining Boy shows up at the house?
5. Which character admits to being on the run from the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Boy Willie and Lymon realize that they cannot move the piano, how do they respond?
2. After a long day selling watermelons and trying to pawn clothing, how do the men in the Charles family settle down to relax?
3. How does Berniece respond to Avery's question when he unexpectedly comes to visit?
4. After his failed date, what gift does Lymon give to Berniece, and what is her response to the gesture?
5. What were the effects of the lumber theft that the men in the play were involved in?
6. After his night out on the town in his "magic" suit, how did Lymon fare with the ladies?
7. What role does Berniece play in the exorcism of Sutter's ghost?
8. When Avery arrives with his Bible to begin the exorcism, what information does he give Doaker about the state of the new church?
9. What events have prompted Doaker to believe that Berniece should sell the piano as soon as possible?
10. Why does Boy Willie tease Doaker about his profession?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)