|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lymon and Boy Willie have come to sell what fruit?
2. What sound is heard by the characters who attempt to move the piano?
3. What does Boy Willie hope to buy from Sutter?
(a) His land.
(b) His crops.
(c) His house.
(d) His piano.
4. Whose ghost does Berniece think she has seen?
(a) Mama Ola.
(c) Wining Boy.
5. How does Sutter kill Boy Charles?
(a) He stabbed him.
(b) He set him on fire.
(c) He drowned him.
(d) He shot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Boy Willie react to Berniece's claim that she has seen a ghost?
2. What does Boy Willie threaten to do to the piano?
3. After meeting a ghost on the railroad tracks, Wining Boy claims that he has had good luck for how long?
4. How does the Ghost of the Yellow Dog kill the mob members as revenge for Boy Charles' death?
5. What does Boy Willie tell Wining Boy that he wants to purchase?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Boy Willie continues to insist that he be told the name of the prospective buyer for the piano?
2. What does Berniece ask Avery to do after Maretha has seen Sutter's ghost, and how does Avery respond?
3. What does Boy Willie believe about the laws of the white man?
4. After a long day selling watermelons and trying to pawn clothing, how do the men in the Charles family settle down to relax?
5. What happens when Berniece threatens Boy Willie with the gun?
6. When Avery arrives with his Bible to begin the exorcism, what information does he give Doaker about the state of the new church?
7. What trade was made between the Charles and Sutter families at Ophelia's request?
8. What connection does Doaker make between travel and happiness?
9. What happens when Doaker emerges to see Boy Willie and Lymon attempting to move the piano?
10. Why does Boy Willie tease Doaker about his profession?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)