|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boy Willie think is the most significant part of the piano?
(a) The keys.
(b) The wood.
(c) The music.
(d) The legs.
2. What problem continually plagues Boy Willie and Lyman as they attempt to sell their fruit?
(a) The two men keep bickering.
(b) Their fruit keeps rotting.
(c) Their truck keeps breaking down.
(d) Their money keeps getting stolen.
3. Berniece and her uncle live in which city?
4. Before the dream in which Avery was told to change his profession, what did he do for a living?
(a) He was a window washer.
(b) He was a hotel concierge.
(c) He was an elevator operator.
(d) He was a traveling chef.
5. What type of song does Boy Willie play on the piano?
(a) A jazzy boogie-woogie.
(b) A beginner's song.
(c) An advanced jig.
(d) A dreamy lullabye.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sutter's wife feel about the trade of her slaves for the piano?
2. Whose faces are carved into the piano legs at Sutter's request?
3. When Boy Willie realizes that Wining Boy is in town, what does he ask him for?
4. Who offers herself to Wining Boy as repayment for helping bail a family member out of jail?
5. What were the men attempting to steal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lymon come into possession of Wining Boy's suit?
2. When Wining Boy arrives at Doaker's home, he wants to know what is happening with Boy Willie and his sales. What does Doaker tell him?
3. What happens when Boy Willie comes home from his date with Grace?
4. What does Wining Boy reveal about Lymon's father and Wining Boy's relationship with Lymon's mother?
5. Why does Boy Willie tease Doaker about his profession?
6. How does Berniece respond when she happens upon Boy Willie and Grace?
7. What story does Boy Willie tell his sister about the dog he had as a child?
8. What happens when Wining Boy goes to the city to pawn his belongings?
9. Why won't Wining Boy play the piano when he is asked to?
10. How did the piano come into the possession of the Charles family?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)