|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has a change of heart after seeing Sutter's ghost and now believes that the piano should be sold?
(b) Wining Boy.
2. Which man was NOT involved in the theft that landed Boy Willie in prison?
(b) Boy Willie.
3. Which character can be seen ironing his uniform?
(b) Wining Boy.
(d) Boy Willie.
4. What does Doaker believe is the significance of Sutter's blue suit?
(a) Doaker believes it was the suit Sutter was wearing when he fell in love.
(b) Doaker believes it was the suit Sutter was wearing when he died.
(c) Doaker believes it was his burial suit.
(d) Doaker believes it was the first suit Sutter purchased.
5. Boy Willie is trying to sell his fruit in what type of neighborhood?
(a) Poor white neighborhoods.
(b) Rich black neighborhoods.
(c) Poor black neighborhoods.
(d) Rich white neighborhoods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doaker believe he sees Sutter's ghost doing, which he refuses to tell his sister about?
2. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in stealing the piano from the Sutter home?
3. Which character admits to being on the run from the police?
4. Which character admits to having spent time in prison?
5. Which of the following characters does Boy Willie NOT ask about the potential buyer of the piano?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Berniece react when she sees Boy Willie attempting to move the piano?
2. What reaction does the family have to Boy Willie's sudden arrival at their doorstep?
3. What is revealed about Wining Boy's life as a musician while married?
4. Why does Boy Willie tease Doaker about his profession?
5. How did the piano come into the possession of the Charles family?
6. What type of encounter does Boy Willie explain that he has had with the piano's potential buyer on his way home from Grace's?
7. Whose ghost does Berniece think that she sees, and what does it tell her?
8. After his failed date, what gift does Lymon give to Berniece, and what is her response to the gesture?
9. What realization does Boy Willie make when he hears his heart beating as a "black man's heart"?
10. When Wining Boy arrives at Doaker's home, he wants to know what is happening with Boy Willie and his sales. What does Doaker tell him?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)