|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carved the piano legs at Sutter's request?
(a) Doaker's father.
(b) Doaker's son.
(c) Doaker's grandfather.
2. What does Boy Willie tell Wining Boy that he wants to purchase?
(a) A new car.
(b) A new piano.
(c) More fruit.
(d) Sutter's land.
3. The piano is stolen from the Sutter home during which holiday celebration?
(b) Memorial Day.
(d) Fourth of July.
4. Which family traded the piano to the Sutter family for slaves?
(a) The Montagues.
(b) The Whitmans.
(c) The Benedicts.
(d) The Nolanders.
5. What is Doaker doing when Wining Boy shows up at the house?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Hanging laundry.
(c) Mopping floors.
(d) Washing dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doaker works for what type of transportation?
2. What has Wining Boy brought to the city to pawn?
3. Which character admits to being on the run from the police?
4. Berniece and her uncle live in which city?
5. What does Wining Boy say he felt breezing through the wind on his last trip home?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Avery arrives with his Bible to begin the exorcism, what information does he give Doaker about the state of the new church?
2. Why did Berneice stop playing the piano as a child?
3. What were the effects of the lumber theft that the men in the play were involved in?
4. How was Lymon's father killed?
5. What trade was made between the Charles and Sutter families at Ophelia's request?
6. Why has Avery shown up at the Charles home?
7. What does Boy Willie believe about the laws of the white man?
8. How did the piano come into the possession of the Charles family?
9. How did Sutter attempt to reconcile the trade with Nolander and keep his wife happy? What was the reaction?
10. What reaction does the family have to Boy Willie's sudden arrival at their doorstep?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)