|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boy Willie is trying to sell his fruit in what type of neighborhood?
(a) Poor black neighborhoods.
(b) Poor white neighborhoods.
(c) Rich black neighborhoods.
(d) Rich white neighborhoods.
2. Where does Sutter find and kill Boy Charles?
(a) At the swimming pool.
(b) At the movie theater.
(c) At the general store.
(d) At the train station.
3. When Boy Willie realizes that Wining Boy is in town, what does he ask him for?
(a) A loan.
(b) A place to stay.
(c) A wife.
(d) Business advice.
4. Whose faces are carved into the piano legs at Sutter's request?
(a) His slaves' faces.
(b) His and his wife's face.
(c) His children's faces.
(d) His parents' faces.
5. What does Doaker believe he sees Sutter's ghost doing, which he refuses to tell his sister about?
(a) Chasing after Boy Willie.
(b) Staring at Berniece while she slept.
(c) Following Maretha to school.
(d) Playing the piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Boy Willie the story of the way that Boy Charles was killed?
2. Which man was NOT involved in the theft that landed Boy Willie in prison?
3. Which character admits to being on the run from the police?
4. What is Doaker doing when Wining Boy shows up at the house?
5. What does Doaker do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ophelia's reaction to the trade between her husband and Nolander?
2. How was Lymon's father killed?
3. What does Wining Boy reveal about Lymon's father and Wining Boy's relationship with Lymon's mother?
4. Whose ghost does Berniece think that she sees, and what does it tell her?
5. What does Boy Willie claim has happened to the man named Sutter?
6. How does Berniece find out that Boy Willie intends to remove the piano that day, and how does she respond?
7. Why won't Wining Boy play the piano when he is asked to?
8. How did Sutter react to the disappearance of his prized piano?
9. What religious rationalization does Boy WIllie have for the revenge he is seeking against the Sutter family?
10. What conflict arises between the siblings surrounding the future of the piano?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)