Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the story about Boy Charles' death, what does the family hear Maretha doing at the end of the first act?
2. How does Sutter kill Boy Charles?
(a) He stabbed him.
(b) He set him on fire.
(c) He shot him.
(d) He drowned him.
3. What was Wining Boy's occupation while he was married?
(a) He was a student.
(b) He was a blacksmith.
(c) He was a doctor.
(d) He was a musician.
4. Which of the following characters is NOT involved in stealing the piano from the Sutter home?
(b) Boy Charles.
(c) Boy Willie.
(d) Wining Boy.
5. What sound is heard by the characters who attempt to move the piano?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has a change of heart after seeing Sutter's ghost and now believes that the piano should be sold?
2. How does Boy Willie react to Berniece's claim that she has seen a ghost?
3. Boy Willie is trying to sell his fruit in what type of neighborhood?
4. What were the men attempting to steal?
5. What is the first name of the Sutter who owned the Charles family as slaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection does Doaker make between travel and happiness?
2. What religious rationalization does Boy WIllie have for the revenge he is seeking against the Sutter family?
3. What happens when Berniece threatens Boy Willie with the gun?
4. What story does Boy Willie tell his sister about the dog he had as a child?
5. How do Boy Willie and Lymon end up in Pittsburgh?
6. What does Boy Willie believe about the laws of the white man?
7. What happens between Boy Willie and Grace once they left to return to her apartment?
8. What type of encounter does Boy Willie explain that he has had with the piano's potential buyer on his way home from Grace's?
9. What happens when Boy Willie and Lymon attempt to move the piano for its potential buyer?
10. How did Sutter react to the disappearance of his prized piano?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)