|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character states that the law of the white man is meaningless, and he has created a new set of laws?
(a) Boy Willie.
(d) Wining Boy.
2. How much fruit does Boy Willie tell Avery he can take free of charge?
(d) As much as he wants.
3. Who purchases clothing from Wining Boy?
(d) Boy Willie.
4. Which of the following was NOT an element in Avery's significant dream?
5. Who tells Boy Willie the story of the way that Boy Charles was killed?
(c) Wining Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Berniece do for a living?
2. Which character can be seen ironing his uniform?
3. How does Sutter kill Boy Charles?
4. Which of the following characters does NOT attempt to move the piano?
5. Who does the grocery shopping in the Charles home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Berniece respond to Avery's question when he unexpectedly comes to visit?
2. How do Boy Willie and Lymon end up in Pittsburgh?
3. What happens when Boy Willie comes home from his date with Grace?
4. What were the effects of the lumber theft that the men in the play were involved in?
5. What happens when Berniece threatens Boy Willie with the gun?
6. What was Ophelia's reaction to the trade between her husband and Nolander?
7. How did Sutter attempt to reconcile the trade with Nolander and keep his wife happy? What was the reaction?
8. How did Avery get the idea to switch his profession to preacher?
9. What story does Boy Willie tell his sister about the dog he had as a child?
10. After a long day selling watermelons and trying to pawn clothing, how do the men in the Charles family settle down to relax?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)