|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ghost does Berniece think she has seen?
(b) Wining Boy.
(d) Mama Ola.
2. How much fruit does Lyman and Boy Willie sell on the day that Wining Boy goes to the city?
(a) A little.
(b) They sell none.
(c) They sell every last one.
(d) Nearly all.
3. Where does Berniece bring her daughter at the end of the first act, in the first scene?
(a) To school.
(b) To church.
(c) To the cemetary.
(d) To the doctor's office.
4. What name was the ghost repeating?
(a) Boy Willie.
(c) Uncle Doaker.
(d) Mama Ola.
5. How much fruit does Boy Willie tell Avery he can take free of charge?
(d) As much as he wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Ghost of the Yellow Dog kill the mob members as revenge for Boy Charles' death?
2. What problem continually plagues Boy Willie and Lyman as they attempt to sell their fruit?
3. Which of the following characters does Boy Willie NOT ask about the potential buyer of the piano?
4. Which character states that the law of the white man is meaningless, and he has created a new set of laws?
5. What does Doaker believe he sees Sutter's ghost doing, which he refuses to tell his sister about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Berniece respond to Avery's question when he unexpectedly comes to visit?
2. Why won't Wining Boy play the piano when he is asked to?
3. How does Berniece find out that Boy Willie intends to remove the piano that day, and how does she respond?
4. What connection does Doaker make between travel and happiness?
5. How does Avery believe Sutter died, and what reasoning does he give to back up his argument?
6. Why does Berniece send Maretha to the store on the day that Boy Willie intends to remove the piano?
7. After his night out on the town in his "magic" suit, how did Lymon fare with the ladies?
8. When Wining Boy arrives at Doaker's home, he wants to know what is happening with Boy Willie and his sales. What does Doaker tell him?
9. What were the effects of the lumber theft that the men in the play were involved in?
10. What happens between Boy Willie and Grace once they left to return to her apartment?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)