|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Boy Willie NOT ask about the potential buyer of the piano?
2. After meeting a ghost on the railroad tracks, Wining Boy claims that he has had good luck for how long?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Three days.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) Three years.
3. Which character can be seen ironing his uniform?
(b) Wining Boy.
(d) Boy Willie.
4. When Boy Willie realizes that Wining Boy is in town, what does he ask him for?
(a) A wife.
(b) Business advice.
(c) A loan.
(d) A place to stay.
5. What does Boy Willie tell Wining Boy that he wants to purchase?
(a) Sutter's land.
(b) A new piano.
(c) More fruit.
(d) A new car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family traded the piano to the Sutter family for slaves?
2. Which character admits to being on the run from the police?
3. Where does Sutter find and kill Boy Charles?
4. What beverage do the men drink while discussing Parchman Prison?
5. After he returns from the city, what does Wining Boy want to do to relax?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Avery arrives with his Bible to begin the exorcism, what information does he give Doaker about the state of the new church?
2. How does Avery believe Sutter died, and what reasoning does he give to back up his argument?
3. How did Sutter attempt to reconcile the trade with Nolander and keep his wife happy? What was the reaction?
4. Why does Avery believe that Berniece should start a choir in her home?
5. How does Boy Willie respond to Doaker's intrusion as he is attempting to move the piano?
6. How was Lymon's father killed?
7. After his failed date, what gift does Lymon give to Berniece, and what is her response to the gesture?
8. What kind of fight does Boy Willie get into with Sutter's ghost?
9. How do Boy Willie and Lymon end up in Pittsburgh?
10. How does Avery begin his exorcism of Sutter's ghost?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)