|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT attempt to move the piano?
(a) Boy Willie.
(d) Wining Boy.
2. Doaker gives long instructions on the proper way to buy what grocery item?
(b) Cow intestines.
(c) Ham hocks.
(d) Collard greens.
3. What does Boy Willie hope to buy from Sutter?
(a) His piano.
(b) His land.
(c) His crops.
(d) His house.
4. Who does the grocery shopping in the Charles home?
(c) Boy Willie.
5. What does Boy Willie tell Wining Boy that he wants to purchase?
(a) A new car.
(b) A new piano.
(c) Sutter's land.
(d) More fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Berniece and her uncle live in which city?
2. Which of the following characters does Boy Willie NOT ask about the potential buyer of the piano?
3. Who offers herself to Wining Boy as repayment for helping bail a family member out of jail?
4. Before the dream in which Avery was told to change his profession, what did he do for a living?
5. What does Wining Boy say he felt breezing through the wind on his last trip home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Boy Willie tease Doaker about his profession?
2. What were the effects of the lumber theft that the men in the play were involved in?
3. When Wining Boy arrives at Doaker's home, he wants to know what is happening with Boy Willie and his sales. What does Doaker tell him?
4. After his failed date, what gift does Lymon give to Berniece, and what is her response to the gesture?
5. When Avery arrives with his Bible to begin the exorcism, what information does he give Doaker about the state of the new church?
6. How do Boy Willie and Lymon end up in Pittsburgh?
7. After a long day selling watermelons and trying to pawn clothing, how do the men in the Charles family settle down to relax?
8. What does Wining Boy reveal about Lymon's father and Wining Boy's relationship with Lymon's mother?
9. What conflict arises between the siblings surrounding the future of the piano?
10. How does Wining Boy say that ghosts have affected his life?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)