|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boy Willie think is the most significant part of the piano?
(a) The music.
(b) The keys.
(c) The wood.
(d) The legs.
2. Doaker works for what type of transportation?
3. Which character admits to having spent time in prison?
(a) Boy Willie.
(b) Uncle Doaker.
4. Berniece and her uncle live in which city?
5. What does Wining Boy carry with him that has a weight as heavy as a piano?
(a) His guilt.
(b) His talent.
(c) HIs fears.
(d) His questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Boy Willie the story of the way that Boy Charles was killed?
2. What type of song does Maretha play on the piano?
3. What type of song does Boy Willie play on the piano?
4. What problem continually plagues Boy Willie and Lyman as they attempt to sell their fruit?
5. What is the name of Wining Boy's late ex-wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lymon come into possession of Wining Boy's suit?
2. What conflict arises between the siblings surrounding the future of the piano?
3. What happens when Wining Boy goes to the city to pawn his belongings?
4. What type of encounter does Boy Willie explain that he has had with the piano's potential buyer on his way home from Grace's?
5. After his night out on the town in his "magic" suit, how did Lymon fare with the ladies?
6. What does Wining Boy reveal about Lymon's father and Wining Boy's relationship with Lymon's mother?
7. What happens when Boy Willie comes home from his date with Grace?
8. What does Lymon tell Berniece he is looking for in a woman?
9. What does Berniece ask Avery to do after Maretha has seen Sutter's ghost, and how does Avery respond?
10. When Avery arrives with his Bible to begin the exorcism, what information does he give Doaker about the state of the new church?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)