|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Boy Willie accuse, other than Avery, of picking and choosing the scriptures that they believe in?
(b) Wining Boy.
2. How does Berniece respond to the news that Boy Willie intends to remove the piano?
(a) She is amused.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is infuriated.
(d) She is confused.
3. How much money does Boy Willie promise to Berniece for the sale of the piano?
(a) Boy Willie makes no monetary promises to Berniece.
(b) All of the money.
(c) None of the money.
(d) Half the money.
4. When Berniece sees Boy Willie telling Maretha stories, what does she ask Boy Willie to do?
(a) Get out of her house.
(b) To tell Maretha the story of the piano.
(c) Write the stories in a book for Maretha.
(d) Play the piano and sing his stories.
5. When the dead pet was not resurrected, what animal did Boy Willie kill in retaliation?
(a) A cat.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A cow.
(d) A horse.
6. Who arrives to the final scene late with rope to move the piano?
(c) Wining Boy.
7. Who does Berniece claim blames himself for Boy Charles' death?
(a) WIning Boy.
(c) Boy Willie.
8. Who rushes into the house claiming to have found the man who wanted to purchase the piano?
(b) Boy Willie.
9. What is the pair's reaction to the sudden sound coming from the piano?
(a) The pair are amused by the sound.
(b) The pair are terrified by the sound.
(c) The pair do not notice the sound.
(d) The pair are confused by the sound.
10. What card game does Doaker frequently play?
11. Which of the following items does Avery NOT use during his exorcism of the house?
(a) A lit candle.
(b) A wooden cross.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A bottle of holy water.
12. Where does Lymon sleep in the Charles household?
(a) Lymon does not sleep at the Charles home.
(b) On the couch.
(c) Out on the porch.
(d) In his own bedroom.
13. What does Lymon say that he is looking for in a relationship?
(a) He is not looking for any relationship at all and wishes that women would leave him alone.
(b) Something long lasting that makes him feel good about himself.
(c) Some quick and easy love.
(d) Some hot drama with a beautiful woman.
14. What does Berniece ask Avery to do now that Maretha has seen Sutter's ghost?
(a) Bless the house.
(b) Transform the house into a church.
(c) Take the piano out of the house.
(d) Burn the house down.
15. On the night that Boy Willie brings the young woman home, where does Lymon say that he has been?
(a) Shopping for groceries in town.
(b) To the movie theater.
(c) Out selling fruit.
(d) To chuch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Avery's new landlord given to the new church?
2. Who tries to enter the young woman's room while Boy Willie was there?
3. Which character enters the scene and forbids the pair to move the piano any further?
4. What is Berniece preparing when Avery comes for a surprise visit?
5. What does Wining Boy do when Boy Willie tries to move him from the piano?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)