|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role will Berniece play in Avery's new church?
(a) The secretary.
(b) The choir director.
(c) An elder.
(d) A deaconess.
2. How far does the pair move the piano before their attempts are thwarted?
(a) They move the piano to the truck.
(b) They move the piano out onto the lawn.
(c) They are unable to move the piano.
(d) They move the piano to the other side of the room.
3. Which character is described as never being able to hold down a job and constantly getting into trouble?
(b) Wining Boy.
(c) Boy Willie.
4. How does Berniece respond to the unexpected gift from Lymon?
(a) She refuses Lymon's gift.
(b) She laughs in Lymon's face.
(c) She slaps Lymon.
(d) She kisses Lymon.
5. How much has the potential buyer promised to pay for the piano in relation to his previous offer?
(a) He offers to pay less than previously offered.
(b) He offers to pay more than previously offered.
(c) There is no mention of how much the buyer has offered to pay for the piano.
(d) He offers to pay the same amount as previously offered.
6. How many times does Boy Willie take the young woman out on a date?
(a) Three times.
(c) Five times.
7. What does Boy Willie leave the house to retrieve, hoping that it will help him move the piano?
(a) A ramp.
8. What does Avery suggest Berniece start doing to keep herself busy and involved in the church?
(a) A Bible study.
(b) A Sunday school.
(c) A band.
(d) A choir.
9. Which of the following items does Avery NOT use during his exorcism of the house?
(a) A wooden cross.
(b) A bottle of holy water.
(c) A lit candle.
(d) A Bible.
10. What story does Boy Willie tell Maretha as he waxes wood for the dolly?
(a) The story of their escape from slavery.
(b) The story of the piano's carvings.
(c) The story of the Ghosts of Yellow Dog.
(d) The story of his date with the young woman.
11. In what room does Boy Willie convince the young woman to start kissing him?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the bedroom.
12. What does Berniece claim her mother could hear when the piano was played?
(a) Her father speaking to her.
(b) The music of heaven.
(c) The moaning of the undead.
(d) The singing of the slaves.
13. When Berniece sees Boy Willie telling Maretha stories, what does she ask Boy Willie to do?
(a) Write the stories in a book for Maretha.
(b) Get out of her house.
(c) Play the piano and sing his stories.
(d) To tell Maretha the story of the piano.
14. Who rushes into the house claiming to have found the man who wanted to purchase the piano?
(b) Boy Willie.
15. Who tells Berniece that Boy Willie is going to be removing the piano?
(d) Wining Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the night that Boy Willie brings the young woman home, where does Lymon say that he has been?
2. What has Avery's new landlord given to the new church?
3. When did Berniece stop playing the piano?
4. Which character enters the scene and forbids the pair to move the piano any further?
5. The thwarting character demands that the pair wait for which character to return home before selling the piano?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)