|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Berniece retrieve to protect herself and her belongings?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rope.
(c) A gun.
(d) A baseball bat.
2. How does Berniece respond to Avery's question?
(a) Avery is always talking and never listening.
(b) There is no hope for Avery to ever start his church, and he should stop pestering her.
(c) She is not interested in anything Avery has to say.
(d) She tells him that it's not a good time to talk about these matters.
3. What does Boy Willie grab from the stove and throw about the house?
(a) A bowl of cherries.
(b) A pot of water.
(c) A mug of milk.
(d) A pan of scrambled eggs.
4. How many times does Boy Willie take the young woman out on a date?
(a) Three times.
(d) Five times.
5. What does Boy Willie use to block the door of the young woman's room?
(a) A mirror.
(b) The bed.
(c) A chair.
(d) The dresser.
6. What color are the trains at the railway before its name is changed?
7. What statement does Boy Willie make about death?
(a) That he hopes to die young.
(b) That the idea of death terrifies him.
(c) That he is not afraid of death.
(d) That death is inevitable for everyone.
8. When Boy Willie states that he can hear his heart beating, how does he claim it beats?
(a) Boy Willie says that he had no heart left to beat.
(b) Softer than everyone else's heart.
(c) Louder than everyone else's heart.
(d) Just as loud as everyone else's heart.
9. Who asks Boy Willie about the outcome of his date with the young woman?
(b) Boy Willie.
10. When Boy Willie states that he has the power of death, who does he claim to be an equal with?
(a) The angels.
(b) The white man.
(d) The devil.
11. What is Berniece preparing when Avery comes for a surprise visit?
(b) The piano for cleaning.
(c) Her tax papers.
(d) A bath.
12. Who overhears the conversation between Berniece and Maretha and tells Berniece that she is saying horrible things to her daughter?
(b) Wining Boy.
(d) Boy Willie.
13. What sound is heard as the pair are attempting to move the piano for the potential buyer?
(a) Sutter's ghost moaning.
(b) Sutter's ghost screaming.
(c) Sutter's ghost singing.
(d) Sutter's ghost whispering.
14. What advice does Berniece give to Maretha as she is combing her hair?
(a) To straighten her back.
(b) To hold her head up.
(c) To purse her lips to attract attention.
(d) To cross her legs like a lady.
15. Who does Boy Willie accuse, other than Avery, of picking and choosing the scriptures that they believe in?
(d) Wining Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avery argue that a pastor needs to attract an audience?
2. Who tells Lymon that he'll eventually get what he wants from women as long as he keeps hoping?
3. Who arrives to the final scene late with rope to move the piano?
4. In what room does Boy Willie convince the young woman to start kissing him?
5. What does Lymon say that he is looking for in a relationship?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)