|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lymon say that he is looking for in a relationship?
(a) Some quick and easy love.
(b) He is not looking for any relationship at all and wishes that women would leave him alone.
(c) Something long lasting that makes him feel good about himself.
(d) Some hot drama with a beautiful woman.
2. What color are the trains at the railway before its name is changed?
3. What does Berniece claim her mother could hear when the piano was played?
(a) The moaning of the undead.
(b) The music of heaven.
(c) Her father speaking to her.
(d) The singing of the slaves.
4. Which of the following items does Avery NOT use during his exorcism of the house?
(a) A wooden cross.
(b) A lit candle.
(c) A bottle of holy water.
(d) A Bible.
5. Who tries to enter the young woman's room while Boy Willie was there?
(a) Her old boyfriend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
6. What advice does Berniece give to Maretha as she is combing her hair?
(a) To straighten her back.
(b) To hold her head up.
(c) To cross her legs like a lady.
(d) To purse her lips to attract attention.
7. With whom does Lymon end up spending the night after he returns home from his date?
(a) With Boy Willie's date.
(b) With his date, Dolly.
(c) With Berniece.
(d) No one. He is by himself.
8. What weapon does Berniece retrieve to protect herself and her belongings?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rope.
(c) A gun.
(d) A baseball bat.
9. When Boy Willie states that he can hear his heart beating, how does he claim it beats?
(a) Softer than everyone else's heart.
(b) Louder than everyone else's heart.
(c) Boy Willie says that he had no heart left to beat.
(d) Just as loud as everyone else's heart.
10. Who does Berniece claim blames himself for Boy Charles' death?
(a) Boy Willie.
(c) WIning Boy.
11. While Boy Willie and the young woman are kissing, what is broken, waking up the family?
(a) A flower vase.
(b) A picture frame.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A window.
12. Which character enters the scene and forbids the pair to move the piano any further?
13. How does Berniece respond to the unexpected gift from Lymon?
(a) She slaps Lymon.
(b) She laughs in Lymon's face.
(c) She kisses Lymon.
(d) She refuses Lymon's gift.
14. When the dead pet was not resurrected, what animal did Boy Willie kill in retaliation?
(a) A cow.
(b) A cat.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A horse.
15. What is the name of the character who attempts to barge in on Boy Willie while he is with the young woman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the final words spoken in the play before the stage lights fade to black?
2. What does Boy Willie use to block the door of the young woman's room?
3. When did Berniece stop playing the piano?
4. The thwarting character demands that the pair wait for which character to return home before selling the piano?
5. After the scene with Boy Willie and the young woman is resolved, what beverage is set out to drink?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)