|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Boy Willie take the young woman out on a date?
(b) Three times.
(c) Five times.
2. What does Avery suggest Berniece start doing to keep herself busy and involved in the church?
(a) A choir.
(b) A Sunday school.
(c) A band.
(d) A Bible study.
3. What is the name of the young woman that Boy Willie comes home with?
4. What has Avery's new landlord given to the new church?
(a) A loan.
(b) A stack of Bibles.
(c) Sheet music.
(d) A new piano.
5. The thwarting character emerges from what room to stop the pair from moving the piano?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bathroom.
6. How does the family member respond to the sight of Boy Willie and the young woman kissing?
(a) By breaking out into laughter.
(b) By turning around and ignoring the scene.
(c) By demanding that Boy WIllie and woman leave.
(d) By cursing Boy WIllie and the woman but allowing them to stay.
7. What does Lymon say that he is looking for in a relationship?
(a) He is not looking for any relationship at all and wishes that women would leave him alone.
(b) Something long lasting that makes him feel good about himself.
(c) Some quick and easy love.
(d) Some hot drama with a beautiful woman.
8. What card game does Doaker frequently play?
9. What is Berniece afraid of waking when she plays the piano?
(a) The sleeping spirits.
(b) The baby that sleeps next door.
(c) The memories of her husband's death.
(d) The fear that is slumbering inside her.
10. When Boy Willie states that he can hear his heart beating, how does he claim it beats?
(a) Softer than everyone else's heart.
(b) Just as loud as everyone else's heart.
(c) Boy Willie says that he had no heart left to beat.
(d) Louder than everyone else's heart.
11. Which character begins to play the piano, calling out to the family's ancestors to save the situation?
(b) Boy Willie.
12. What weapon does Berniece retrieve to protect herself and her belongings?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A gun.
(c) A rope.
(d) A knife.
13. What gift does Lymon pull out of his pocket and give to Berniece?
(a) A bottle of perfume.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A small box of chocolates.
(d) A single red rose.
14. What is the real name of the Yellow Dog railway?
(a) The Rainbow Delta Railway.
(b) The Yazoo Delta Railway.
(c) The Razor Delta Railway.
(d) The Yahoo Delta Railway.
15. After the scene with Boy Willie and the young woman is resolved, what beverage is set out to drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Lymon that he'll eventually get what he wants from women as long as he keeps hoping?
2. What role will Berniece play in Avery's new church?
3. What sound is heard as the pair are attempting to move the piano for the potential buyer?
4. When Berniece sees Boy Willie telling Maretha stories, what does she ask Boy Willie to do?
5. How much money does Boy Willie promise to Berniece for the sale of the piano?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)