|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room does Boy Willie convince the young woman to start kissing him?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the living room.
2. What has Avery's new landlord given to the new church?
(a) A new piano.
(b) A stack of Bibles.
(c) Sheet music.
(d) A loan.
3. What weapon does Berniece retrieve to protect herself and her belongings?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A rope.
(d) A baseball bat.
4. Which of the following items does Avery NOT use during his exorcism of the house?
(a) A lit candle.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A wooden cross.
(d) A bottle of holy water.
5. Which character is described as being rebellious, even as a little boy?
(a) Boy Charles.
(b) Boy Willie.
(d) Wining Boy.
6. Which character arrives to the final scene late and drunk?
(d) Wining Boy.
7. Which character arrives holding a Bible, preparing for the exorcism?
8. Who did Boy Willie beg to resurrect his dead pet?
(a) A priest.
(b) His father.
(c) His school teacher.
9. What is the pair's reaction to the sudden sound coming from the piano?
(a) The pair are terrified by the sound.
(b) The pair are confused by the sound.
(c) The pair do not notice the sound.
(d) The pair are amused by the sound.
10. What does Boy Willie leave the house to retrieve, hoping that it will help him move the piano?
(d) A ramp.
11. Which character is described as never being able to hold down a job and constantly getting into trouble?
(a) Wining Boy.
(d) Boy Willie.
12. What does Berniece tell Maretha would make the process of combing her hair easier?
(a) If Maretha were prettier.
(b) If Maretha were more responsible.
(c) If Maretha were a boy.
(d) If Maretha were older.
13. Who does the weapon belong to before Berniece takes it for protection?
(c) Boy Charles.
(d) Mama Ola.
14. Who rushes into the house claiming to have found the man who wanted to purchase the piano?
(a) Boy Willie.
15. What statement does Boy Willie make about death?
(a) That he is not afraid of death.
(b) That the idea of death terrifies him.
(c) That death is inevitable for everyone.
(d) That he hopes to die young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who overhears the conversation between Berniece and Maretha and tells Berniece that she is saying horrible things to her daughter?
2. What does Avery argue that a pastor needs to attract an audience?
3. What does Avery tell Berniece that she needs?
4. Who does Berniece claim blames himself for Boy Charles' death?
5. What story does Boy Willie tell Maretha as he waxes wood for the dolly?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)