|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role will Berniece play in Avery's new church?
(a) An elder.
(b) The choir director.
(c) The secretary.
(d) A deaconess.
2. Who rushes into the house claiming to have found the man who wanted to purchase the piano?
(d) Boy Willie.
3. What does Boy Willie use to block the door of the young woman's room?
(a) The bed.
(b) A mirror.
(c) The dresser.
(d) A chair.
4. WIning Boy has written a song about whom, which he plays in the final scene of the play?
(a) Mama Ola.
(c) Boy Charles.
5. How much money does Boy Willie promise to Berniece for the sale of the piano?
(a) All of the money.
(b) Boy Willie makes no monetary promises to Berniece.
(c) Half the money.
(d) None of the money.
6. How does Berniece respond to the news that Boy Willie intends to remove the piano?
(a) She is infuriated.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is confused.
7. Who overhears the conversation between Berniece and Maretha and tells Berniece that she is saying horrible things to her daughter?
(b) Boy Willie.
(d) Wining Boy.
8. Which character arrives holding a Bible, preparing for the exorcism?
9. Which character enters the scene and forbids the pair to move the piano any further?
10. When Boy Willie states that he can hear his heart beating, how does he claim it beats?
(a) Just as loud as everyone else's heart.
(b) Softer than everyone else's heart.
(c) Boy Willie says that he had no heart left to beat.
(d) Louder than everyone else's heart.
11. Boy Willie thinks that Berniece is teaching Maretha to live where?
(a) At exacly the right place in society.
(b) At the top of life.
(c) At the bottom of life.
(d) Above her station.
12. What card game does Doaker frequently play?
13. What does Boy Willie leave the house to retrieve, hoping that it will help him move the piano?
(c) A ramp.
14. Which character is described as being rebellious, even as a little boy?
(a) Boy Willie.
(b) Boy Charles.
(c) Wining Boy.
15. What does Berniece tell Maretha would make the process of combing her hair easier?
(a) If Maretha were older.
(b) If Maretha were a boy.
(c) If Maretha were prettier.
(d) If Maretha were more responsible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young woman that Boy Willie comes home with?
2. What does Avery argue that a pastor needs to attract an audience?
3. Who accompanies Maretha upstairs when she is too afraid of Sutter's ghost to enter on her own?
4. How much has the potential buyer promised to pay for the piano in relation to his previous offer?
5. What story does Boy Willie tell Maretha as he waxes wood for the dolly?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)