|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Berniece afraid of waking when she plays the piano?
(a) The sleeping spirits.
(b) The memories of her husband's death.
(c) The baby that sleeps next door.
(d) The fear that is slumbering inside her.
2. Boy Willie exhibits what emotion while attempting to move the piano for its potential buyer?
3. Who does Boy Willie ask to help move the piano?
(c) Wining Boy.
4. In what room does Boy Willie convince the young woman to start kissing him?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
5. How does Berniece respond to the unexpected gift from Lymon?
(a) She kisses Lymon.
(b) She laughs in Lymon's face.
(c) She refuses Lymon's gift.
(d) She slaps Lymon.
6. What is the name of the young woman that Boy Willie comes home with?
7. Who tells Berniece to stop carrying the load of her family history?
(a) Boy Willie.
(c) Wining Boy.
8. What does Boy Willie leave the house to retrieve, hoping that it will help him move the piano?
(c) A ramp.
9. What is the pair's reaction to the sudden sound coming from the piano?
(a) The pair are terrified by the sound.
(b) The pair are confused by the sound.
(c) The pair are amused by the sound.
(d) The pair do not notice the sound.
10. What is the name of Avery's new landlord?
11. The thwarting character emerges from what room to stop the pair from moving the piano?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bathroom.
12. How does the family member respond to the sight of Boy Willie and the young woman kissing?
(a) By cursing Boy WIllie and the woman but allowing them to stay.
(b) By turning around and ignoring the scene.
(c) By breaking out into laughter.
(d) By demanding that Boy WIllie and woman leave.
13. Who asks Boy Willie about the outcome of his date with the young woman?
(d) Boy Willie.
14. What weapon does Berniece retrieve to protect herself and her belongings?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A rope.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
15. What does Berniece claim her mother could hear when the piano was played?
(a) The music of heaven.
(b) The singing of the slaves.
(c) Her father speaking to her.
(d) The moaning of the undead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character arrives holding a Bible, preparing for the exorcism?
2. What is the name of the character who attempts to barge in on Boy Willie while he is with the young woman?
3. What story does Boy Willie tell Maretha as he waxes wood for the dolly?
4. What does Avery claim is doing God's work in the town?
5. How many times does Boy Willie take the young woman out on a date?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)