|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Berniece afraid of waking when she plays the piano?
(a) The baby that sleeps next door.
(b) The fear that is slumbering inside her.
(c) The memories of her husband's death.
(d) The sleeping spirits.
2. Which character is described as never being able to hold down a job and constantly getting into trouble?
(a) Boy Willie.
(c) Wining Boy.
3. What color are the trains at the railway before its name is changed?
4. How does the family member respond to the sight of Boy Willie and the young woman kissing?
(a) By turning around and ignoring the scene.
(b) By breaking out into laughter.
(c) By cursing Boy WIllie and the woman but allowing them to stay.
(d) By demanding that Boy WIllie and woman leave.
5. Who does Boy Willie accuse, other than Avery, of picking and choosing the scriptures that they believe in?
(d) Wining Boy.
6. After the scene with Boy Willie and the young woman is resolved, what beverage is set out to drink?
7. What does Berniece ask Avery to do now that Maretha has seen Sutter's ghost?
(a) Take the piano out of the house.
(b) Bless the house.
(c) Burn the house down.
(d) Transform the house into a church.
8. What does Avery claim is doing God's work in the town?
(a) The music of the piano.
(b) The Ghosts of Yellow Dog.
(c) The Sutter family ghosts.
(d) The streetchildren in the town.
9. What does Boy Willie claim the railway sounds like when the trains hit the wind?
(a) Like a dog growling.
(b) Like a dog whining.
(c) Like a dog howling.
(d) Like a dog barking.
10. Who does Boy Willie ask to help move the piano?
(a) Wining Boy.
11. What sound is heard as the pair are attempting to move the piano for the potential buyer?
(a) Sutter's ghost singing.
(b) Sutter's ghost moaning.
(c) Sutter's ghost screaming.
(d) Sutter's ghost whispering.
12. What does Boy Willie grab from the stove and throw about the house?
(a) A pan of scrambled eggs.
(b) A mug of milk.
(c) A pot of water.
(d) A bowl of cherries.
13. Which character enters the scene and forbids the pair to move the piano any further?
14. Who did Boy Willie beg to resurrect his dead pet?
(a) His father.
(b) A priest.
(c) His school teacher.
15. Which of the following items does Avery NOT use during his exorcism of the house?
(a) A bottle of holy water.
(b) A wooden cross.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A lit candle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Boy Willie make about death?
2. What advice does Berniece give to Maretha as she is combing her hair?
3. When did Berniece stop playing the piano?
4. Who tries to enter the young woman's room while Boy Willie was there?
5. Who tells Berniece that Boy Willie is going to be removing the piano?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)