|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Boy Willie beg to resurrect his dead pet?
(a) A priest.
(c) His father.
(d) His school teacher.
2. What does Avery suggest Berniece start doing to keep herself busy and involved in the church?
(a) A Bible study.
(b) A Sunday school.
(c) A band.
(d) A choir.
3. When Boy Willie states that he can hear his heart beating, how does he claim it beats?
(a) Louder than everyone else's heart.
(b) Just as loud as everyone else's heart.
(c) Boy Willie says that he had no heart left to beat.
(d) Softer than everyone else's heart.
4. With whom does Lymon end up spending the night after he returns home from his date?
(a) With Berniece.
(b) With his date, Dolly.
(c) No one. He is by himself.
(d) With Boy Willie's date.
5. What does Berniece ask Avery to do now that Maretha has seen Sutter's ghost?
(a) Transform the house into a church.
(b) Bless the house.
(c) Take the piano out of the house.
(d) Burn the house down.
6. The thwarting character emerges from what room to stop the pair from moving the piano?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The cellar.
7. Which character arrives to the final scene late, searching for Lymon to go to the movies?
(d) Mama Ola.
8. While Boy Willie and the young woman are kissing, what is broken, waking up the family?
(a) A lamp.
(b) A picture frame.
(c) A window.
(d) A flower vase.
9. What is the name of the young woman that Boy Willie comes home with?
10. Who tells Lymon that he'll eventually get what he wants from women as long as he keeps hoping?
(c) Boy Willie.
11. Who arrives to the final scene late with rope to move the piano?
(c) Wining Boy.
12. WIning Boy has written a song about whom, which he plays in the final scene of the play?
(a) Mama Ola.
(d) Boy Charles.
13. What role will Berniece play in Avery's new church?
(a) The secretary.
(b) A deaconess.
(c) An elder.
(d) The choir director.
14. When Berniece sees Boy Willie telling Maretha stories, what does she ask Boy Willie to do?
(a) Write the stories in a book for Maretha.
(b) Play the piano and sing his stories.
(c) Get out of her house.
(d) To tell Maretha the story of the piano.
15. Which character arrives to the final scene late and drunk?
(c) Wining Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the final words spoken in the play before the stage lights fade to black?
2. What does Berniece claim her mother could hear when the piano was played?
3. Lymon compliments Berniece on what article of clothing?
4. How does Berniece respond to Avery's question?
5. After his meeting with the landlord, what has Avery come to ask Berniece?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)