|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Boy Willie take the young woman out on a date?
(a) Three times.
(d) Five times.
2. What card game does Doaker frequently play?
3. When did Berniece stop playing the piano?
(a) When her mother died.
(b) When her husband died.
(c) When her father died.
(d) When her sister died.
4. Who tells Berniece to stop carrying the load of her family history?
(a) Boy Willie.
(c) Wining Boy.
5. How does Berniece respond to the unexpected gift from Lymon?
(a) She slaps Lymon.
(b) She laughs in Lymon's face.
(c) She refuses Lymon's gift.
(d) She kisses Lymon.
6. What is the name of the character who attempts to barge in on Boy Willie while he is with the young woman?
7. Lymon compliments Berniece on what article of clothing?
(a) Her new shoes.
(b) Her Sunday dress.
(c) Her nightgown.
(d) Her work uniform.
8. After his meeting with the landlord, what has Avery come to ask Berniece?
(a) To teach the Sunday school.
(b) To be his church pianist.
(c) To marry him.
(d) For a loan.
9. Which character enters the scene and forbids the pair to move the piano any further?
10. Which character arrives to the final scene late, searching for Lymon to go to the movies?
(a) Mama Ola.
11. What does Berniece send Maretha in to do when Boy Willie is telling her stories?
(a) To take a bath.
(b) To wash her hands.
(c) To change her clothes.
(d) To get her hair done.
12. What does Boy Willie claim the railway sounds like when the trains hit the wind?
(a) Like a dog barking.
(b) Like a dog howling.
(c) Like a dog whining.
(d) Like a dog growling.
13. Who does Boy Willie ask to help move the piano?
(a) Wining Boy.
14. What advice does Lymon give to Berniece about her relationship with Avery?
(a) Lymon does not know that Berniece is in a relationship with Avery.
(b) Lymon advises Berniece to leave Avery.
(c) Lymon advises Berniece to lie to Avery about her feelings.
(d) Lymon advises Berniece to marry Avery.
15. Who tries to enter the young woman's room while Boy Willie was there?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her old boyfriend.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Berniece claim blames himself for Boy Charles' death?
2. Who does Lymon admit that he was interested in but wasn't quick enough to get to?
3. What has Avery's new landlord given to the new church?
4. What is the pair's reaction to the sudden sound coming from the piano?
5. When Berniece sees Boy Willie telling Maretha stories, what does she ask Boy Willie to do?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)