|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character arrives holding a Bible, preparing for the exorcism?
2. When Boy Willie states that he can hear his heart beating, how does he claim it beats?
(a) Boy Willie says that he had no heart left to beat.
(b) Louder than everyone else's heart.
(c) Just as loud as everyone else's heart.
(d) Softer than everyone else's heart.
3. Why does Lymon say that his date has been canceled?
(a) Because his date drank too much.
(b) Because his date ate too much.
(c) Because his date wore too much perfume.
(d) Because his date swore too much.
4. What does Boy Willie grab from the stove and throw about the house?
(a) A bowl of cherries.
(b) A pot of water.
(c) A mug of milk.
(d) A pan of scrambled eggs.
5. What advice does Lymon give to Berniece about her relationship with Avery?
(a) Lymon does not know that Berniece is in a relationship with Avery.
(b) Lymon advises Berniece to lie to Avery about her feelings.
(c) Lymon advises Berniece to marry Avery.
(d) Lymon advises Berniece to leave Avery.
6. When Boy Willie states that he has the power of death, who does he claim to be an equal with?
(a) The devil.
(b) The angels.
(d) The white man.
7. Who overhears the conversation between Berniece and Maretha and tells Berniece that she is saying horrible things to her daughter?
(b) Boy Willie.
(c) Wining Boy.
8. How far does the pair move the piano before their attempts are thwarted?
(a) They are unable to move the piano.
(b) They move the piano to the other side of the room.
(c) They move the piano to the truck.
(d) They move the piano out onto the lawn.
9. What is the name of the young woman that Boy Willie comes home with?
10. How does Berniece respond to Avery's question?
(a) She tells him that it's not a good time to talk about these matters.
(b) Avery is always talking and never listening.
(c) She is not interested in anything Avery has to say.
(d) There is no hope for Avery to ever start his church, and he should stop pestering her.
11. What card game does Doaker frequently play?
12. Which character begins to play the piano, calling out to the family's ancestors to save the situation?
(c) Boy Willie.
13. Which character is described as never being able to hold down a job and constantly getting into trouble?
(b) Boy Willie.
(d) Wining Boy.
14. Who tells Lymon that he'll eventually get what he wants from women as long as he keeps hoping?
(a) Boy Willie.
15. What is the name of Avery's new landlord?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Boy Willie and the young woman are kissing, what is broken, waking up the family?
2. Who arrives to the final scene late with rope to move the piano?
3. Who rushes into the house claiming to have found the man who wanted to purchase the piano?
4. The thwarting character demands that the pair wait for which character to return home before selling the piano?
5. Who does Avery believe is the only one that has the power to exorcise Sutter's ghost?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)