|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Berniece respond to the news that Boy Willie intends to remove the piano?
(a) She is infuriated.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is confused.
2. How far does the pair move the piano before their attempts are thwarted?
(a) They move the piano to the other side of the room.
(b) They are unable to move the piano.
(c) They move the piano out onto the lawn.
(d) They move the piano to the truck.
3. How does Berniece respond to the unexpected gift from Lymon?
(a) She laughs in Lymon's face.
(b) She kisses Lymon.
(c) She refuses Lymon's gift.
(d) She slaps Lymon.
4. What card game does Doaker frequently play?
5. How much has the potential buyer promised to pay for the piano in relation to his previous offer?
(a) He offers to pay more than previously offered.
(b) He offers to pay the same amount as previously offered.
(c) He offers to pay less than previously offered.
(d) There is no mention of how much the buyer has offered to pay for the piano.
6. How does the family member respond to the sight of Boy Willie and the young woman kissing?
(a) By turning around and ignoring the scene.
(b) By breaking out into laughter.
(c) By cursing Boy WIllie and the woman but allowing them to stay.
(d) By demanding that Boy WIllie and woman leave.
7. What does Boy Willie leave the house to retrieve, hoping that it will help him move the piano?
(d) A ramp.
8. Which character is described as being rebellious, even as a little boy?
(a) Boy Charles.
(b) Wining Boy.
(c) Boy Willie.
9. Which character arrives to the final scene late and drunk?
(c) Wining Boy.
10. In what room does Boy Willie convince the young woman to start kissing him?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the cellar.
11. Who does Boy Willie ask to help move the piano?
(a) Wining Boy.
12. Who does Lymon admit that he was interested in but wasn't quick enough to get to?
(b) Boy Willie's date.
13. Who overhears the conversation between Berniece and Maretha and tells Berniece that she is saying horrible things to her daughter?
(c) Boy Willie.
(d) Wining Boy.
14. What statement does Boy Willie make about death?
(a) That the idea of death terrifies him.
(b) That he is not afraid of death.
(c) That he hopes to die young.
(d) That death is inevitable for everyone.
15. What does Wining Boy do when Boy Willie tries to move him from the piano?
(a) He spreads his arms over the keys.
(b) He clenches his fists around the sheets of music.
(c) He wraps his legs around the piano bench, refusing to budge.
(d) He lays his head down on the piano lid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pet died when Boy Willie was a young boy?
2. What is Berniece afraid of waking when she plays the piano?
3. What does Boy Willie use to block the door of the young woman's room?
4. Where does Lymon sleep in the Charles household?
5. Which character arrives to the final scene late, searching for Lymon to go to the movies?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)