|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the scene with Boy Willie and the young woman is resolved, what beverage is set out to drink?
2. On the night that Boy Willie brings the young woman home, where does Lymon say that he has been?
(a) Shopping for groceries in town.
(b) To the movie theater.
(c) Out selling fruit.
(d) To chuch.
3. Which member of the family comes downstairs to find Boy Willie and the young woman kissing?
(d) Wining Boy.
4. What pet died when Boy Willie was a young boy?
(a) A fish.
(b) A bird.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
5. What card game does Doaker frequently play?
6. What sound is heard as the pair are attempting to move the piano for the potential buyer?
(a) Sutter's ghost screaming.
(b) Sutter's ghost whispering.
(c) Sutter's ghost singing.
(d) Sutter's ghost moaning.
7. What statement does Boy Willie make about death?
(a) That he is not afraid of death.
(b) That death is inevitable for everyone.
(c) That he hopes to die young.
(d) That the idea of death terrifies him.
8. What does Boy Willie use to block the door of the young woman's room?
(a) The bed.
(b) A mirror.
(c) The dresser.
(d) A chair.
9. Who does Lymon admit that he was interested in but wasn't quick enough to get to?
(c) Boy Willie's date.
10. In what room does Boy Willie convince the young woman to start kissing him?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the bedroom.
11. Which character enters the scene and forbids the pair to move the piano any further?
12. Boy Willie thinks that Berniece is teaching Maretha to live where?
(a) At exacly the right place in society.
(b) Above her station.
(c) At the top of life.
(d) At the bottom of life.
13. When did Berniece stop playing the piano?
(a) When her mother died.
(b) When her husband died.
(c) When her sister died.
(d) When her father died.
14. What does Lymon say that he is looking for in a relationship?
(a) Something long lasting that makes him feel good about himself.
(b) Some hot drama with a beautiful woman.
(c) He is not looking for any relationship at all and wishes that women would leave him alone.
(d) Some quick and easy love.
15. What is the real name of the Yellow Dog railway?
(a) The Rainbow Delta Railway.
(b) The Yahoo Delta Railway.
(c) The Razor Delta Railway.
(d) The Yazoo Delta Railway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Berniece retrieve to protect herself and her belongings?
2. What has Avery's new landlord given to the new church?
3. Lymon compliments Berniece on what article of clothing?
4. Which character arrives to the final scene late, searching for Lymon to go to the movies?
5. Which character openly discusses his hopes of finding a good job and bettering his life?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)