|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boy Willie claim the railway sounds like when the trains hit the wind?
(a) Like a dog growling.
(b) Like a dog whining.
(c) Like a dog barking.
(d) Like a dog howling.
2. How much has the potential buyer promised to pay for the piano in relation to his previous offer?
(a) He offers to pay more than previously offered.
(b) There is no mention of how much the buyer has offered to pay for the piano.
(c) He offers to pay less than previously offered.
(d) He offers to pay the same amount as previously offered.
3. Who does Boy Willie ask to help move the piano?
(a) Wining Boy.
4. What does Berniece send Maretha in to do when Boy Willie is telling her stories?
(a) To get her hair done.
(b) To change her clothes.
(c) To wash her hands.
(d) To take a bath.
5. What statement does Boy Willie make about death?
(a) That death is inevitable for everyone.
(b) That he hopes to die young.
(c) That he is not afraid of death.
(d) That the idea of death terrifies him.
6. Who tells Lymon that he'll eventually get what he wants from women as long as he keeps hoping?
(c) Boy Willie.
7. What does Berniece ask Avery to do now that Maretha has seen Sutter's ghost?
(a) Burn the house down.
(b) Bless the house.
(c) Take the piano out of the house.
(d) Transform the house into a church.
8. How far does the pair move the piano before their attempts are thwarted?
(a) They move the piano to the other side of the room.
(b) They are unable to move the piano.
(c) They move the piano to the truck.
(d) They move the piano out onto the lawn.
9. When did Berniece stop playing the piano?
(a) When her father died.
(b) When her sister died.
(c) When her husband died.
(d) When her mother died.
10. What does Boy Willie grab from the stove and throw about the house?
(a) A bowl of cherries.
(b) A pot of water.
(c) A mug of milk.
(d) A pan of scrambled eggs.
11. How much money does Boy Willie promise to Berniece for the sale of the piano?
(a) None of the money.
(b) All of the money.
(c) Half the money.
(d) Boy Willie makes no monetary promises to Berniece.
12. What is the name of the character who attempts to barge in on Boy Willie while he is with the young woman?
13. Which character enters the scene and forbids the pair to move the piano any further?
14. Who does Berniece claim blames himself for Boy Charles' death?
(c) Boy Willie.
(d) WIning Boy.
15. Where does Lymon sleep in the Charles household?
(a) In his own bedroom.
(b) On the couch.
(c) Out on the porch.
(d) Lymon does not sleep at the Charles home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Lymon pull out of his pocket and give to Berniece?
2. What does Berniece tell Maretha would make the process of combing her hair easier?
3. Who is Berniece sure killed Sutter?
4. Which character begins to play the piano, calling out to the family's ancestors to save the situation?
5. When Boy Willie states that he can hear his heart beating, how does he claim it beats?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)