|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room does Boy Willie convince the young woman to start kissing him?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the living room.
2. How does Berniece respond to Avery's question?
(a) There is no hope for Avery to ever start his church, and he should stop pestering her.
(b) She tells him that it's not a good time to talk about these matters.
(c) She is not interested in anything Avery has to say.
(d) Avery is always talking and never listening.
3. Who accompanies Maretha upstairs when she is too afraid of Sutter's ghost to enter on her own?
(c) Boy Willie.
4. What does Berniece claim her mother could hear when the piano was played?
(a) Her father speaking to her.
(b) The music of heaven.
(c) The moaning of the undead.
(d) The singing of the slaves.
5. What is Berniece preparing when Avery comes for a surprise visit?
(b) A bath.
(c) Her tax papers.
(d) The piano for cleaning.
6. Who is Berniece sure killed Sutter?
(a) Wining Boy.
(b) Boy Charles.
(d) Boy Willie.
7. How does Berniece respond to the news that Boy Willie intends to remove the piano?
(a) She is infuriated.
(b) She is amused.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is confused.
8. After his meeting with the landlord, what has Avery come to ask Berniece?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To teach the Sunday school.
(c) To be his church pianist.
(d) For a loan.
9. Who does Berniece claim blames himself for Boy Charles' death?
(b) WIning Boy.
(c) Boy Willie.
10. When Berniece sees Boy Willie telling Maretha stories, what does she ask Boy Willie to do?
(a) Get out of her house.
(b) Write the stories in a book for Maretha.
(c) To tell Maretha the story of the piano.
(d) Play the piano and sing his stories.
11. Who asks Boy Willie about the outcome of his date with the young woman?
(b) Boy Willie.
12. How far does the pair move the piano before their attempts are thwarted?
(a) They are unable to move the piano.
(b) They move the piano to the truck.
(c) They move the piano to the other side of the room.
(d) They move the piano out onto the lawn.
13. What card game does Doaker frequently play?
14. How much money does Boy Willie promise to Berniece for the sale of the piano?
(a) All of the money.
(b) None of the money.
(c) Boy Willie makes no monetary promises to Berniece.
(d) Half the money.
15. Boy Willie exhibits what emotion while attempting to move the piano for its potential buyer?
Short Answer Questions
1. The thwarting character emerges from what room to stop the pair from moving the piano?
2. Why does Lymon say that his date has been canceled?
3. What does Avery claim is doing God's work in the town?
4. Who does Berniece order out of the room once she pulls the gun?
5. What does Berniece ask Avery to do now that Maretha has seen Sutter's ghost?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)