|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role will Berniece play in Avery's new church?
(a) The choir director.
(b) The secretary.
(c) An elder.
(d) A deaconess.
2. What is the name of the young woman that Boy Willie comes home with?
3. Boy Willie thinks that Berniece is teaching Maretha to live where?
(a) At exacly the right place in society.
(b) At the top of life.
(c) Above her station.
(d) At the bottom of life.
4. When Boy Willie states that he can hear his heart beating, how does he claim it beats?
(a) Just as loud as everyone else's heart.
(b) Softer than everyone else's heart.
(c) Boy Willie says that he had no heart left to beat.
(d) Louder than everyone else's heart.
5. Why does Lymon say that his date has been canceled?
(a) Because his date swore too much.
(b) Because his date ate too much.
(c) Because his date wore too much perfume.
(d) Because his date drank too much.
6. How far does the pair move the piano before their attempts are thwarted?
(a) They are unable to move the piano.
(b) They move the piano out onto the lawn.
(c) They move the piano to the other side of the room.
(d) They move the piano to the truck.
7. What does Avery claim is doing God's work in the town?
(a) The streetchildren in the town.
(b) The music of the piano.
(c) The Ghosts of Yellow Dog.
(d) The Sutter family ghosts.
8. What story does Boy Willie tell Maretha as he waxes wood for the dolly?
(a) The story of his date with the young woman.
(b) The story of the piano's carvings.
(c) The story of their escape from slavery.
(d) The story of the Ghosts of Yellow Dog.
9. What statement does Boy Willie make about death?
(a) That he is not afraid of death.
(b) That the idea of death terrifies him.
(c) That death is inevitable for everyone.
(d) That he hopes to die young.
10. What does Berniece claim her mother could hear when the piano was played?
(a) The music of heaven.
(b) The singing of the slaves.
(c) Her father speaking to her.
(d) The moaning of the undead.
11. What is the pair's reaction to the sudden sound coming from the piano?
(a) The pair do not notice the sound.
(b) The pair are amused by the sound.
(c) The pair are terrified by the sound.
(d) The pair are confused by the sound.
12. The thwarting character demands that the pair wait for which character to return home before selling the piano?
(a) Wining Boy.
13. Who did Boy Willie beg to resurrect his dead pet?
(a) His father.
(b) His school teacher.
(c) A priest.
14. Who tries to enter the young woman's room while Boy Willie was there?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her old boyfriend.
15. Which character openly discusses his hopes of finding a good job and bettering his life?
(a) Wining Boy.
(b) Boy Willie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lymon compliments Berniece on what article of clothing?
2. How does the family member respond to the sight of Boy Willie and the young woman kissing?
3. What gift does Lymon pull out of his pocket and give to Berniece?
4. Where does Lymon sleep in the Charles household?
5. What card game does Doaker frequently play?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)