|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avery argue that a pastor needs to attract an audience?
(a) Jazzy music.
(b) A strong voice.
(c) Fancy clothes.
(d) A wife.
2. Who tells Lymon that he'll eventually get what he wants from women as long as he keeps hoping?
(a) Boy Willie.
3. What does Boy Willie use to block the door of the young woman's room?
(a) A chair.
(b) A mirror.
(c) The bed.
(d) The dresser.
4. What does Avery tell Berniece that she needs?
(a) Someone to support her.
(b) Someone to tell her the truth.
(c) Someone to love her.
(d) Someone to surprise her.
5. Who does the weapon belong to before Berniece takes it for protection?
(b) Boy Charles.
(c) Mama Ola.
6. When Boy Willie states that he can hear his heart beating, how does he claim it beats?
(a) Softer than everyone else's heart.
(b) Boy Willie says that he had no heart left to beat.
(c) Just as loud as everyone else's heart.
(d) Louder than everyone else's heart.
7. Why does Lymon say that his date has been canceled?
(a) Because his date wore too much perfume.
(b) Because his date drank too much.
(c) Because his date swore too much.
(d) Because his date ate too much.
8. What gift does Lymon pull out of his pocket and give to Berniece?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A small box of chocolates.
(c) A bottle of perfume.
(d) A single red rose.
9. Who does Berniece claim blames himself for Boy Charles' death?
(b) WIning Boy.
(c) Boy Willie.
10. Where does Lymon sleep in the Charles household?
(a) Lymon does not sleep at the Charles home.
(b) Out on the porch.
(c) On the couch.
(d) In his own bedroom.
11. After the scene with Boy Willie and the young woman is resolved, what beverage is set out to drink?
12. Who does Avery believe is the only one that has the power to exorcise Sutter's ghost?
(a) Boy Charles.
(d) The angels.
13. What color are the trains at the railway before its name is changed?
14. How does the family member respond to the sight of Boy Willie and the young woman kissing?
(a) By turning around and ignoring the scene.
(b) By demanding that Boy WIllie and woman leave.
(c) By breaking out into laughter.
(d) By cursing Boy WIllie and the woman but allowing them to stay.
15. Which character is described as never being able to hold down a job and constantly getting into trouble?
(c) Wining Boy.
(d) Boy Willie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avery suggest Berniece start doing to keep herself busy and involved in the church?
2. What does Berniece tell Maretha would make the process of combing her hair easier?
3. Boy Willie exhibits what emotion while attempting to move the piano for its potential buyer?
4. How does Berniece respond to Avery's question?
5. Who rushes into the house claiming to have found the man who wanted to purchase the piano?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)