|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Avery believe is the only one that has the power to exorcise Sutter's ghost?
(b) The angels.
(d) Boy Charles.
2. How does Berniece respond to Avery's question?
(a) She is not interested in anything Avery has to say.
(b) Avery is always talking and never listening.
(c) She tells him that it's not a good time to talk about these matters.
(d) There is no hope for Avery to ever start his church, and he should stop pestering her.
3. How far does the pair move the piano before their attempts are thwarted?
(a) They move the piano to the other side of the room.
(b) They move the piano out onto the lawn.
(c) They are unable to move the piano.
(d) They move the piano to the truck.
4. Who does Berniece order out of the room once she pulls the gun?
(c) Boy Willie.
5. What does Boy Willie use to block the door of the young woman's room?
(a) The dresser.
(b) A chair.
(c) The bed.
(d) A mirror.
6. After the scene with Boy Willie and the young woman is resolved, what beverage is set out to drink?
7. Who tells Berniece that Boy Willie is going to be removing the piano?
(a) Wining Boy.
8. With whom does Lymon end up spending the night after he returns home from his date?
(a) No one. He is by himself.
(b) With Boy Willie's date.
(c) With Berniece.
(d) With his date, Dolly.
9. What is the name of Avery's new landlord?
10. What does Wining Boy do when Boy Willie tries to move him from the piano?
(a) He lays his head down on the piano lid.
(b) He wraps his legs around the piano bench, refusing to budge.
(c) He spreads his arms over the keys.
(d) He clenches his fists around the sheets of music.
11. Which character arrives holding a Bible, preparing for the exorcism?
12. Who asks Boy Willie about the outcome of his date with the young woman?
(a) Boy Willie.
13. Who tries to enter the young woman's room while Boy Willie was there?
(a) Her old boyfriend.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
14. What weapon does Berniece retrieve to protect herself and her belongings?
(a) A rope.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
15. While Boy Willie and the young woman are kissing, what is broken, waking up the family?
(a) A window.
(b) A picture frame.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A flower vase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role will Berniece play in Avery's new church?
2. Who is Berniece sure killed Sutter?
3. Where does Lymon sleep in the Charles household?
4. How much money does Boy Willie promise to Berniece for the sale of the piano?
5. What does Avery argue that a pastor needs to attract an audience?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)