|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character used to polish the piano every morning?
(a) Mama Ola.
(b) Uncle Doaker.
(c) Boy Willie.
2. Before the dream in which Avery was told to change his profession, what did he do for a living?
(a) He was an elevator operator.
(b) He was a traveling chef.
(c) He was a window washer.
(d) He was a hotel concierge.
3. What was Wining Boy's occupation while he was married?
(a) He was a student.
(b) He was a doctor.
(c) He was a blacksmith.
(d) He was a musician.
4. Doaker gives long instructions on the proper way to buy what grocery item?
(a) Ham hocks.
(c) Collard greens.
(d) Cow intestines.
5. What problem continually plagues Boy Willie and Lyman as they attempt to sell their fruit?
(a) Their money keeps getting stolen.
(b) Their truck keeps breaking down.
(c) Their fruit keeps rotting.
(d) The two men keep bickering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boy Willie think is the most significant part of the piano?
2. Who does Boy Willie expect to teach Maretha about the significance of the piano?
3. What is the name of Berniece's daughter?
4. Lymon wants to go to what city, hoping for better treatment from white people?
5. What does Boy Willie tell Wining Boy that he wants to purchase?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)