|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Avery do for a living?
(a) He is a blacksmith.
(b) He is a preacher.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is a carpenter.
2. Lymon wants to go to what city, hoping for better treatment from white people?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington D.C.
3. Who teases Doaker about the women who are after him?
(b) Boy Willie.
4. Which of the following characters does Boy Willie NOT ask about the potential buyer of the piano?
5. What does Boy Willie threaten to do to the piano?
(a) He threatens to stomp it to dust.
(b) He threatens to chop it in half.
(c) He threatens to steal it in the night.
(d) He threatens to burn it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doaker gives long instructions on the proper way to buy what grocery item?
2. What instrument does Boy Willie hope to sell to make a bit of money?
3. Which man was NOT involved in the theft that landed Boy Willie in prison?
4. What does Boy Willie tell Wining Boy that he wants to purchase?
5. What does Boy Willie think is the most significant part of the piano?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)