|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Doaker gives long instructions on the proper way to buy what grocery item?
(a) Ham hocks.
(b) Collard greens.
(d) Cow intestines.
2. After meeting a ghost on the railroad tracks, Wining Boy claims that he has had good luck for how long?
(a) Three days.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Three years.
(d) Thirty years.
3. What does Doaker do for a living?
(a) He is a conductor.
(b) He performs maintenance.
(c) He is a steward.
(d) He is a cook.
4. What problem continually plagues Boy Willie and Lyman as they attempt to sell their fruit?
(a) The two men keep bickering.
(b) Their money keeps getting stolen.
(c) Their truck keeps breaking down.
(d) Their fruit keeps rotting.
5. What does Doaker believe is the significance of Sutter's blue suit?
(a) Doaker believes it was the suit Sutter was wearing when he died.
(b) Doaker believes it was his burial suit.
(c) Doaker believes it was the first suit Sutter purchased.
(d) Doaker believes it was the suit Sutter was wearing when he fell in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Berniece's daughter?
2. What is the last name of the family that the story focuses on?
3. Before the dream in which Avery was told to change his profession, what did he do for a living?
4. What beverage do the men drink while discussing Parchman Prison?
5. Who does Boy Willie expect to teach Maretha about the significance of the piano?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)