|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Nyle reads a paper to Ezra?
(a) He is sure she will be able to publish it.
(b) He throws his paper away.
(c) He tells her it is astonishing.
(d) He says it needs some work.
2. For what does Ezra thank Nyle?
(a) For helping him recover.
(b) For the puppy.
(c) For sticking by him.
(d) For her understanding.
3. What do Nyle and Ezra do every night?
(a) Their homework together at the kitchen table.
(b) Card wool.
(c) Train Shep.
(d) Yoga to strengthen Nyle's body.
4. Why does Nyle lunge towards Ripley?
(a) He makes a comment about Gran.
(b) He throws mud on Muncie's clothing.
(c) Because he is behaving badly toward her friends.
(d) He says he will kill Shep.
5. What do Ezra and Nyle feel as they walk back to the house?
(b) A little embarrassed.
(c) A deeper connection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Perry tell Nyle?
2. Why is their dairy farm defunct?
3. What does Ezra describe so well?
4. What does Nyle do as Ezra walks into the kitchen?
5. Who does Nyle talk about who was a carpenter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Muncie prove that despite her ups and downs with her friendship with Nyle she is a true friend?
2. Describe Muncie's reaction to Nyle wanting to sit next to her on the bus.
3. What do you think indicates Ezra's change of feelings towards Nyle from a stranger to a friend, and perhaps even more? How does this contrast to Nyle's statement in chapter 13?
4. How does Nyle and Gran's discussion about the Trent's future show Nyle's continued maturing?
5. How does Nyle wisely help Ezra feel comfortable in her room?
6. Why do you think Ezra stiffens up when they come close to the house and there is smoke?
7. How does Muncie try to prepare Nyle for Ezra's possible death?
8. What is the difference in the way Nyle and Ezra interpret Nyle's history assignment?
9. What is admirable about Uncle Lemmy's choices after the nuclear disaster?
10. How does Ezra respond to the sirens they hear, and why do you think he reacts the way he does?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)