|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is their dairy farm defunct?
(a) Because the government confiscated most of their land under eminent domain laws.
(b) Because May and Lemmy are too old to work it.
(c) Because of contamination from radiation.
(d) Because of a bad mudslide that killed most of the cows.
2. Why does Nyle come back outside?
(a) She can't stand being cooped up because she is so restless.
(b) She hears Shep howling.
(c) She is hot.
(d) She hears sirens.
3. What does Nyle teach Ezra?
(a) How to sling hay bales.
(b) How to climb the ladder to the loft.
(c) How to drive the truck.
(d) How to drive the tractor.
4. What do Muncie and Nyle finally discuss?
(a) Why George didn't ask Nyle for the holiday dance.
(b) Helping each other shop for Christmas.
(c) The rate the new puppy is growing.
(d) Everything about Ezra being at the house.
5. What does Nyle wear in order to walk around the farm?
(a) Protective clothing and mask.
(b) Nothing; the farm is safe.
(c) Protective clothing, though she doesn't need a mask.
(d) A mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they name the puppy?
2. What does Mrs. Trent ask Nyle do to before Mrs. Trent leaves the kitchen?
3. What does Muncie say about everyone?
4. What does Nyle wish about her book collection?
5. After Ezra leaves the kitchen, what does Nyle do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Muncie try to prepare Nyle for Ezra's possible death?
2. Why do you think Nyle and Ezra are awkward with each other when put in a position that it seems they must acknowledge something about their relationship?
3. What is admirable about Uncle Lemmy's choices after the nuclear disaster?
4. How does Ripley demonstrate that he is a bully?
5. How does Nyle wisely help Ezra feel comfortable in her room?
6. How does Muncie respond to Nyle finally telling her about Ezra? Do you think Muncie's response is reasonable?
7. How is Nyle still avoiding making things right with Muncie?
8. How does Muncie prove that despite her ups and downs with her friendship with Nyle she is a true friend?
9. What are signs of Ezra's improvement?
10. What is a theme that appears in this chapter, which has appeared in previous chapters and give an example of how the theme is illustrated.
This section contains 1,287 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)