|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the teens teach the puppy?
(a) To be housebroken.
(b) To eat in one place.
(d) Nothing; it's too young to teach.
2. What does Muncie say about everyone?
(a) Everyone is dying.
(b) They all have to make their own choices.
(d) They will support what is right usually.
3. What do Gran, Miriam, Ezra and Nyle decide to do?
(a) Play monopoly.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Go out to eat.
(d) Attend a concert at the school.
4. What becomes easier for Ezra?
(a) Eating in the dining room.
(b) Looking out the window.
(c) Walking outside.
(d) Visiting Nyle's room.
5. What does Nyle motion Ezra to do?
(a) Put the puppy in the truck bed.
(b) Come into the pasture with her.
(c) Start up the truck.
(d) Go back to the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Muncie block her seat with her backpack.
2. What does Ezra put in his arms?
3. How does Mr. Perry reassure Nyle?
4. What do Nyle and Ezra do every night?
5. Who enters the kitchen as Gran and Nyle are talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think the government would be as unresponsive in "real" life to people caught in a nuclear accident such as the one that happens in this story?
2. What is the difference in the way Nyle and Ezra interpret Nyle's history assignment?
3. What happens that probably garners sympathy for Ripley on the part of the characters and readers?
4. Why do you think Ezra stiffens up when they come close to the house and there is smoke?
5. Describe the altercation between Ripley and the three friends.
6. What are signs of Ezra's improvement?
7. How does Nyle react to the idea of Ezra wearing Gramps clothing and what do you think is the reason for her reaction?
8. What is admirable about Uncle Lemmy's choices after the nuclear disaster?
9. How does Ripley demonstrate that he is a bully?
10. How does Nyle and Gran's discussion about the Trent's future show Nyle's continued maturing?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)