|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the teens teach the puppy?
(b) To eat in one place.
(c) To be housebroken.
(d) Nothing; it's too young to teach.
2. What does Mrs. Trent ask Nyle do to before Mrs. Trent leaves the kitchen?
(a) To close the curtain.
(b) To get the puppy.
(c) To let Ezra talk.
(d) To be gentle with Ezra.
3. What makes Nyle anger that she runs back to the house?
(a) Thinking about her father.
(b) Seeing a dead squirrel with radiation boils.
(c) Thinking about the government's lies.
(d) Seeing a little fawn that is obviously suffering from radiation poisoning.
4. What does Nyle wear in order to walk around the farm?
(a) Protective clothing, though she doesn't need a mask.
(b) A mask.
(c) Nothing; the farm is safe.
(d) Protective clothing and mask.
5. What does Nyle do to remind herself of Ezra?
(a) Go and cuddle with Shep.
(b) Look at a picture she took of him.
(c) Lie in his bed.
(d) Do a drawing of him from memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Muncie's response to the discussion?
2. Why does Nyle go onto the Powers' property?
3. Where does Ezra go with Nyle?
4. What does Nyle like?
5. What does Muncie say about everyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Nyle may be compounding the rift in her friendship with Muncie in this chapter?
2. Why do you think Ezra stiffens up when they come close to the house and there is smoke?
3. How is Nyle still avoiding making things right with Muncie?
4. What is ironic about Nyle's response to Ezra's announcement about school?
5. What do you think indicates Ezra's change of feelings towards Nyle from a stranger to a friend, and perhaps even more? How does this contrast to Nyle's statement in chapter 13?
6. What happens that probably garners sympathy for Ripley on the part of the characters and readers?
7. Describe the altercation between Ripley and the three friends.
8. Why do you think Nyle and Ezra are awkward with each other when put in a position that it seems they must acknowledge something about their relationship?
9. What are signs of Ezra's improvement?
10. How does Nyle wisely help Ezra feel comfortable in her room?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)