|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Gran, Miriam, Ezra and Nyle decide to do?
(a) Play monopoly.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Attend a concert at the school.
(d) Go out to eat.
2. What does Ezra keep with him though he no longer needs it?
(a) A cane.
(b) His mask.
(c) A small detector.
(d) An inhaler.
3. What does Ripley do to Ezra?
(a) Pummels him until he is nearly unconscious.
(b) Challenges him to a boxing match.
(c) Tells him he will meet him later with knives.
(d) Ignore him.
4. How does the back bedroom look now?
(a) Less like an infirmary and more like a healthy teenage boy's room.
(b) Like a library.
(c) The same as always.
(d) Like a woodworking shop.
5. Why does Nyle go through her clothes?
(a) To find her Spring outfits.
(b) To start mending her summer clothes.
(c) To take some to the clothing drive at school.
(d) To see if she can find some for Mrs. Trent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trent ask Nyle do to before Mrs. Trent leaves the kitchen?
2. Who does Nyle talk about who was a carpenter?
3. Where does Gran take the Trents to see about some government assistance?
4. Why does Nyle come back outside?
5. Where does Nyle sit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nyle and Gran's discussion about the Trent's future show Nyle's continued maturing?
2. How does Nyle show wisdom in her interaction with Ezra about the puppy?
3. What are signs of Ezra's improvement?
4. Why do you think Nyle and Ezra are awkward with each other when put in a position that it seems they must acknowledge something about their relationship?
5. What is ironic about Nyle's response to Ezra's announcement about school?
6. How does Muncie prove that despite her ups and downs with her friendship with Nyle she is a true friend?
7. Describe Muncie's reaction to Nyle wanting to sit next to her on the bus.
8. How does Ezra respond to the sirens they hear, and why do you think he reacts the way he does?
9. What is the difference in the way Nyle and Ezra interpret Nyle's history assignment?
10. How is Nyle still avoiding making things right with Muncie?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)