|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Mrs. Trent start showing symptoms?
(a) Stress-induced anxiety.
(b) Radiation poisoning.
(c) Fear for Ezra.
(d) The flu.
2. What is not out as usual?
(a) A snack for Nyle.
(b) The firestriker.
(c) The afternoon paper.
(d) The log keeper.
3. What does Gran not do as she usually does?
(a) Greet Nyle with a hug.
(b) Open the front door.
(c) Calls from the pantry for Nyle to wash up.
(d) Sit in the rocker for a cup of pre-supper coffee.
4. Who goes with Nyle to watch the meteor shower?
(d) No one; there is no meteor shower.
5. From where are the mother and son in the back room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nyle decide about the next day?
2. What does Municie tell Nyle?
3. About what do the two teens talk?
4. About what is Muncie asking Nyle?
5. Who approaches Nyle as she is examining the sheep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the emotion of anger appear in this chapter?
2. What does Nyle ask her Gran about sheep farming and what is Gran's response? Does Nyle's response surprise you?
3. Describe Nyle and Muncie's encounter with Ripley and what you think the encounter may foreshadow.
4. What does Mrs. Haskins assign her students to do and do you think this is mixing education with politics?
5. Would you have responded the same way as Nyle when Muncie asks her what is going on at Nyle's house?
6. How is it obvious that the two teens feel some attraction for each other?
7. How do you think the theme of determination plays out in this chapter?
8. Describe Nyle's attempts to scare the neighbor's dog, Tyrus, away from the sheep. Why does Nyle want Tyrus to get off her property?
9. What emotion do you think Muncie is feeling as she inquires why Nyle did not come study with her the night before?
10. What is ironic about Ezra's feeling about the back room?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)