|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Nyle when she sees a sheep lying still?
2. Who is Nyle yelling at as the story begins?
3. What do the teachers and principal monitor?
(a) The students' psychological health.
(b) The impact on the students' academic progress by the crisis.
(c) The radiation levels.
(d) The students' physical health.
4. What does Nyla monitor as the days pass by?
(a) The arrival of winter.
(b) Ezra's non-movement.
(c) The coming of Christmas.
(d) The sheep's progress who was hurt by Tyrus.
5. What does Ezra say about the puppy?
(a) It is going to be an awfully large dog.
(b) Its fur is the same color as his dog that died.
(c) Ezra does not want Nyle to bring him anything to love.
(d) It seems to like Ezra already.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nyle decide to add to the farm?
2. What brings up the topic of the nuclear accident?
3. What does Nyle ask Gran?
4. What does Mrs. Trent do when she comes into the room where Nyla and Ezra are?
5. Where has Mrs. Haskins been?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ezra's response to Nyle when she comes to read to him.
2. Contrast the back room how it was used when Nyle is small versus in the story now.
3. How does Mr. Sobel get Nyle thinking about radiation poisoning and why is the topic particularly applicable?
4. What emotion is Nyle experiencing and what is Gran's advice about the emotion? Do you think it is wise advice?
5. What is evidence of Ezra's continue improvement?
6. Describe Nyle and Muncie's encounter with Ripley and what you think the encounter may foreshadow.
7. Mrs. Trent reveals that she disappoints her parents by marrying out of the faith and that she is paying the price now. Do you think this is true?
8. What do you think Ezra means when he says he feels like a phoenix?
9. What is ironic about Ezra's feeling about the back room?
10. What else occurs at the beginning of this chapter that gives Nyle a sense of unease?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)