|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Municie tell Nyle?
(a) That Nyle is brave to stand up to Powers.
(b) That if hanging out with her gets Nyle into trouble then Nyle does not need to do it.
(c) That the sheep wasn't harmed as badly as they first thought.
(d) That she should not put up with Powers.
2. Why does Nyle allow the strain in her and Muncie's friendship to continue?
(a) She isn't aware of the strain.
(b) She doesn't want to tell Muncie about Ezra and his mom.
(c) She thinks Muncie is the one at fault.
(d) She isn't sure she wants Muncie as a friend anymore.
3. What does Nyla not want to tell Muncie?
(a) That she is going to the dance with a boy.
(b) About how Nyla's father died.
(c) That she doesn't want Muncie to come over anymore.
(d) About Ezra and Mrs. Trent.
4. What does Ezra say about the puppy?
(a) Its fur is the same color as his dog that died.
(b) It is going to be an awfully large dog.
(c) Ezra does not want Nyle to bring him anything to love.
(d) It seems to like Ezra already.
5. What is the real reason Nyle declines Muncie's invitation?
(a) She doesn't like spinning wool.
(b) She doesn't want to see the movie Muncie has.
(c) She has to go sit with Ezra.
(d) She has to go be checked for possible radiation poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Muncie?
2. What does Ezra ask that Nyla does not know?
3. What does Nyle decide about the next day?
4. What happens when the girls accidentally rile Ripley?
5. How does Mrs. Trent disappoint her parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. The issue of a drawn curtain occurs in this chapter, in previous chapters, and in future chapters. How does this issue come up in this chapter and venture a guess as to the significance of the incident.
2. Describe Ezra's response to Nyle when she comes to read to him.
3. Would you have responded the same way as Nyle when Muncie asks her what is going on at Nyle's house?
4. What adds to the tension between the Muncie and Nyle?
5. What else occurs at the beginning of this chapter that gives Nyle a sense of unease?
6. What is evidence of Ezra's continue improvement?
7. What do the girls do in Radio Shack and why is that ironic?
8. Describe Nyle's first encounter with Ezra.
9. What does Nyle see as she approaches the farmhouse and what might it foreshadow?
10. Of what is the open curtain symbolic?
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)