|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nyle think the kids believe about her and Ezra?
(a) That they are going together.
(b) That Ezra is her brother who has been living with her dad.
(c) That they are cousins.
(d) That Ezra is new to the area.
2. Why does Nyle move off the Powers' property?
(a) Because Ripley confronts her.
(b) To go over to Muncie's house.
(c) Because Tyrus is loose.
(d) Because the sheep is not there.
3. Why does Ripley throw an ice ball at Nyle?
(a) For defending Muncie.
(b) He whated to show Nyle how accurate he could throw a snowball.
(c) He meant to hit Muncie but misses.
(d) He didn't know it had an icy core.
4. Why does Ezra go back to his room?
(a) Nyle has to help Gran with the sheep.
(b) Nyle teases him to hard.
(c) Ezra is tired from his foray into the kitchen.
(d) Ezra is still afraid of the puppy.
5. Why does Nyle lunge towards Ripley?
(a) Because he is behaving badly toward her friends.
(b) He makes a comment about Gran.
(c) He throws mud on Muncie's clothing.
(d) He says he will kill Shep.
6. What does Nyle like?
(a) The two of them holding hands.
(b) The smell of hay burning.
(c) The crispness of the air.
(d) The smell of green wood burning.
7. On the bus ride home, what is Ezra happy to report?
(a) That the principal said he could stay at home and do his studies there.
(b) That he seems to have been accepted by most of the kids.
(c) That he has already met some interesting girls.
(d) That he solved the brainteaser that the teacher puts up each week but that no one ever solves.
8. What does Gran and Nyle deliver to Aunt May and Uncle Lemmy?
(a) Two pregnant dairy cows.
(b) Two pregnant ewes.
(c) A large bushel of mustard greens.
(d) A pregnant sow.
9. What does Nyle do when she and Ezra are upstairs in Nyle's room?
(a) Walk the detector around the room to prove there is no radioactive particles.
(b) Play a game of chess.
(c) Watch TV
(d) Listen to the radio.
10. Why does Nyle go onto the Powers' property?
(a) To ask Ripley something.
(b) To make sure Tyrus is tied.
(c) To search for a sheep.
(d) It is bitter cold and Nyle was taking a shortcut.
11. About what does Nyle sigh?
(a) That Ezra will probably become so popular, he'll ignore Nyle.
(b) That Ezra probably doesn't need her anymore.
(c) That she will probably lose Ezra to a prettier girl.
(d) That Muncie is still not talking to her.
12. What does Ezra keep with him though he no longer needs it?
(a) A small detector.
(b) An inhaler.
(c) A cane.
(d) His mask.
13. Why doesn't Nyle and Gran celebrate Christmas this year?
(a) Because of the power plant accident and the Trents never do.
(b) Because they have no money.
(c) Because they think it's gotten too commercialized.
(d) They never celebrate Christmas.
14. What does Muncie say about Ezra?
(a) That he is wonderful.
(b) That he is not right for her.
(c) That he is dying.
(d) That he will follow his heart.
15. What does Muncie say about everyone?
(a) They all have to make their own choices.
(b) Everyone is dying.
(c) They will support what is right usually.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ezra leaves the kitchen, what does Nyle do?
2. What do they name the puppy?
3. What makes Nyle anger that she runs back to the house?
4. What becomes easier for Ezra?
5. Why does Nyle learn to cook?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)