|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ripley do to Ezra?
(a) Pummels him until he is nearly unconscious.
(b) Challenges him to a boxing match.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Tells him he will meet him later with knives.
2. Why does Nyle go through her clothes?
(a) To start mending her summer clothes.
(b) To see if she can find some for Mrs. Trent.
(c) To find her Spring outfits.
(d) To take some to the clothing drive at school.
3. What happens to Ezra as they walk towards the house?
(a) Nyle sees a strange car in the driveway.
(b) Ezra tenses.
(c) Nyle trips and falls.
(d) Ezra falls.
4. What does Nyle teach Ezra?
(a) How to drive the truck.
(b) How to drive the tractor.
(c) How to sling hay bales.
(d) How to climb the ladder to the loft.
5. Why doesn't Nyle and Gran celebrate Christmas this year?
(a) Because of the power plant accident and the Trents never do.
(b) They never celebrate Christmas.
(c) Because they have no money.
(d) Because they think it's gotten too commercialized.
6. What do Gran, Miriam, Ezra and Nyle decide to do?
(a) Go out to eat.
(b) Play monopoly.
(c) Go to the movies.
(d) Attend a concert at the school.
7. Why does Ripley start crying?
(a) He confesses that his dog dies of radiation poisoning.
(b) Muncie says he probably killed his own dog.
(c) Ezra hit him really hard.
(d) Nyle calls him a bully.
8. What does Nyle do when she and Ezra are upstairs in Nyle's room?
(a) Watch TV
(b) Play a game of chess.
(c) Walk the detector around the room to prove there is no radioactive particles.
(d) Listen to the radio.
9. Why does Ripley throw an ice ball at Nyle?
(a) He whated to show Nyle how accurate he could throw a snowball.
(b) He meant to hit Muncie but misses.
(c) He didn't know it had an icy core.
(d) For defending Muncie.
10. What does Nyle wear in order to walk around the farm?
(a) A mask.
(b) Protective clothing and mask.
(c) Nothing; the farm is safe.
(d) Protective clothing, though she doesn't need a mask.
11. What do Muncie and Nyle finally discuss?
(a) Helping each other shop for Christmas.
(b) Why George didn't ask Nyle for the holiday dance.
(c) The rate the new puppy is growing.
(d) Everything about Ezra being at the house.
12. After Nyle takes another seat, what happens?
(a) Nyle begins to talk to another girl.
(b) Muncie puts on her headset and gets into her own world.
(c) Muncie stares at Nyle as if to ask why she didn't sit by her.
(d) Muncie removes her pack and lets another student sit beside her.
13. What is Nyla's assignment for History?
(a) To memorize a famous speech.
(b) To study the reason for the Constitution.
(c) To read up on nuclear power.
(d) To write a letter to someone in history who has had the greatest impact on her.
14. About what does Nyle sigh?
(a) That Ezra probably doesn't need her anymore.
(b) That she will probably lose Ezra to a prettier girl.
(c) That Ezra will probably become so popular, he'll ignore Nyle.
(d) That Muncie is still not talking to her.
15. Why does Muncie block her seat with her backpack.
(a) To keep Nyle from sitting there.
(b) Because Muncie wants to be alone and hopes no one sits there.
(c) Because Muncie is searching for something in her pack.
(d) To save the seat for Nyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they name the puppy?
2. Why does Ezra go back to his room?
3. After Ezra leaves the kitchen, what does Nyle do?
4. Who shows up while Nyle is still alone?
5. Why are the farm inhabitants fairly safe from radiation?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)