|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nyle go through her clothes?
(a) To take some to the clothing drive at school.
(b) To see if she can find some for Mrs. Trent.
(c) To find her Spring outfits.
(d) To start mending her summer clothes.
2. After Ezra leaves the kitchen, what does Nyle do?
(b) Goes to feed Shep.
(c) Goes to check on the sheep.
(d) Reads his paper.
3. What does Nyle like?
(a) The smell of hay burning.
(b) The two of them holding hands.
(c) The smell of green wood burning.
(d) The crispness of the air.
4. What does Nyle wish about her book collection?
(a) That she had all the Harry Potter books.
(b) That it was more intellectual.
(c) That it had as many volumes as Muncie's collection has.
(d) That it had more adventure and less romance novels.
5. How does Ezra treat his studies?
(a) He is loathe to pick up a book.
(b) He "devours" them.
(c) He refuses to have anything to do with them.
(d) He reads them dutifully.
6. How does Mr. Perry reassure Nyle?
(a) By telling her that she will write a fine speech.
(b) By telling her that he is sure she can win the scholarship.
(c) By saying that what though what her family is doing is illegal, it is noble.
(d) By saying that he will be discreet.
7. What does Nyle motion Ezra to do?
(a) Go back to the house.
(b) Put the puppy in the truck bed.
(c) Come into the pasture with her.
(d) Start up the truck.
8. What does Nyle think the kids believe about her and Ezra?
(a) That they are cousins.
(b) That Ezra is her brother who has been living with her dad.
(c) That Ezra is new to the area.
(d) That they are going together.
9. What does Ezra describe so well?
(a) The way the English teacher read a silly poem.
(b) How he had to respond to one bully.
(c) The kids he met at school so that Nyle can tell him their names.
(d) The reaction of the boys when Nyle went out on the tennis court.
10. What does Nyle do when the two arrive at school?
(a) Takes Ezra to meet the tennis coach because he wants to play tennis.
(b) Takes Ezra to where he needs to register.
(c) Introduces Ezra as her brother to everyone.
(d) Tells Ezra she'll see him at lunch.
11. What does Mr. Perry tell Nyle?
(a) That he knows about the evacuees at the house.
(b) That she is the valdictorian of the class.
(c) That she can get into the new A & M college because of her grades.
(d) That she is eligible for a full scholarship to college.
12. What does Ezra decide about his life?
(a) That he will right wrongs that the government ignores.
(b) That he will fully recover.
(c) That he will be in control of it from now on.
(d) That he will be willing to follow someone only if they prove worthy.
13. What do Ezra and Nyle feel as they walk back to the house?
(a) A little embarrassed.
(c) A deeper connection.
14. How does the back bedroom look now?
(a) Like a woodworking shop.
(b) Less like an infirmary and more like a healthy teenage boy's room.
(c) Like a library.
(d) The same as always.
15. Why does Ezra start writing?
(a) He wants to finish an English assignment.
(b) He's going to do the assignment also.
(c) He is working on a memoir about the accident.
(d) He is writing a poem for a girl at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Muncie and Nyle finally discuss?
2. What does Nyle wear in order to walk around the farm?
3. Why does Nyle lunge towards Ripley?
4. Why does Ripley throw an ice ball at Nyle?
5. What is Gran burning?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)