|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nyle do after shrugging off her uneasy feeling?
(a) Goes and sews up the sheep's wounds.
(b) Feeds her pony.
(c) Continues to bring in the firewood.
(d) Goes and milks the cow.
2. What does Nyla not want to tell Muncie?
(a) That she is going to the dance with a boy.
(b) About how Nyla's father died.
(c) That she doesn't want Muncie to come over anymore.
(d) About Ezra and Mrs. Trent.
3. Why does Nyle refuse Muncie's invitation?
(a) She is not allowed cake before dinner.
(b) She wants to go to the exhibit with a boy she likes who asks her.
(c) She has to bring in the sheep after the snowfall.
(d) She has to go home to care for Ezra.
4. How does Munice interpret Nyla's reluctance to talk?
(a) That Nyla is taking what Ripley said seriously.
(b) That Nyla has a secret.
(c) That Nyla doesn't like talking through her mask.
(d) That Nyla is not feeling well.
5. What does Ezra now have the strength to do?
(a) Start back on his school work.
(b) Learn to card wool.
(c) Walk to and fro in his room.
(d) Go outside for brief periods of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Muncie and Nyle do after working in the pasture?
2. What is Ezra doing when Nyla comes into his room?
3. Who does not answer Nyle's calls?
4. What is the most interesting aspect of the weather right now?
5. Who comes up to the girls in the pasture.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)