|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nyle do after shrugging off her uneasy feeling?
(a) Goes and milks the cow.
(b) Goes and sews up the sheep's wounds.
(c) Continues to bring in the firewood.
(d) Feeds her pony.
2. What does Nyle want to know?
(a) If Ezra and his mother should have left sooner.
(b) If the people nearby should have stayed or left.
(c) If her father died quickly.
(d) If Ezra has any chance to live.
3. Of what does Mrs. Trent start showing symptoms?
(a) Fear for Ezra.
(b) Radiation poisoning.
(c) Stress-induced anxiety.
(d) The flu.
4. Why does Nyle refuse Muncie's invitation?
(a) She wants to go to the exhibit with a boy she likes who asks her.
(b) She has to bring in the sheep after the snowfall.
(c) She has to go home to care for Ezra.
(d) She is not allowed cake before dinner.
5. What do the teachers and principal monitor?
(a) The radiation levels.
(b) The impact on the students' academic progress by the crisis.
(c) The students' physical health.
(d) The students' psychological health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a nurse do to Ezra?
2. What would Nyla have to do if the wind shifts?
3. What is the most interesting aspect of the weather right now?
4. What is different about Muncie?
5. What does Muncie say when Nyle asks her opinion about the people who used to live in Cookshire?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)