|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nyle refuse Muncie's invitation?
(a) She wants to go to the exhibit with a boy she likes who asks her.
(b) She is not allowed cake before dinner.
(c) She has to bring in the sheep after the snowfall.
(d) She has to go home to care for Ezra.
2. Why does Nyle move off the Powers' property?
(a) To go over to Muncie's house.
(b) Because Ripley confronts her.
(c) Because Tyrus is loose.
(d) Because the sheep is not there.
3. How is it clear that Ezra has improved?
(a) He is able to carry on a conversation.
(b) He has a good appetite.
(c) His coloring is better.
(d) His breathing is not labored.
4. What does Muncie say when Nyle asks her opinion about the people who used to live in Cookshire?
(a) She says she thinks they all were moved to London.
(b) She says she didn't know any of them are sick.
(c) Muncie's tone gets judgmental about the people sick with radiation.
(d) She expresses compassion for them.
5. Why does Muncie block her seat with her backpack.
(a) To keep Nyle from sitting there.
(b) To save the seat for Nyle.
(c) Because Muncie wants to be alone and hopes no one sits there.
(d) Because Muncie is searching for something in her pack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ezra put in his arms?
2. Where does Nyle sit?
3. Who comes up to the girls in the pasture.
4. Why doesn't Nyle and Gran celebrate Christmas this year?
5. What do Muncie and Nyle do after working in the pasture?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)