|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Ezra's speaking just once remind Mrs. Trent?
(a) That Ezra used to be such a talker.
(b) A passage in the Torah.
(c) Of the need to keep Ezra from knowing about his father.
(d) Her husband's passing.
2. What is not out as usual?
(a) A snack for Nyle.
(b) The log keeper.
(c) The firestriker.
(d) The afternoon paper.
3. Why does Nyle refuse Muncie's invitation?
(a) She has to go home to care for Ezra.
(b) She wants to go to the exhibit with a boy she likes who asks her.
(c) She has to bring in the sheep after the snowfall.
(d) She is not allowed cake before dinner.
4. What does Nyle want to know?
(a) If Ezra has any chance to live.
(b) If her father died quickly.
(c) If the people nearby should have stayed or left.
(d) If Ezra and his mother should have left sooner.
5. Who does not answer Nyle's calls?
(a) Nyle's mother.
(b) Nyle's grandpa.
(c) Gran and the dog and cat.
(d) Nyle's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Muncie asking Nyle?
2. What is the real reason Nyle declines Muncie's invitation?
3. What does Muncie invite Nyle to do?
4. What does Nyla decide she can do to help Ezra?
5. What does Mrs. Haskins assign the students to write?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)