Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Nyle scares off Tyrus, Ripley Powers' dog, who just killed a sheep.
* Ripley approaches and Nyle and he exchange heated words.
* Ripley taunts Muncie and asks why Nyle hangs out with a "freak."
* Nyle defends her friend and friendship with Muncie.
* Muncie tells Nyle she will understand if Nyle doesn't want to be friends...
This section contains 1,963 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)