• Nyle scares off Tyrus, Ripley Powers' dog, who just killed a sheep.
• Ripley approaches and Nyle and he exchange heated words.
• Ripley taunts Muncie and asks why Nyle hangs out with a "freak."
• Nyle defends her friend and friendship with Muncie.
• Muncie tells Nyle she will understand if Nyle doesn't want to be friends.
• The two girls part ways to go to their respective homes.
• Approaching home, Nyle notices the back room curtain is drawn.
• Nyle's grandmother, Gran, does not open the door at Nyle's call.
• Nyle finishes her chores and still no sign of Gran, the dog, or the cat.
• Gran finally appears and tells Nyle they have taken in two evacuees.
• Nyle expresses anger at the accident and Gran advices her to lose it.
• Ezra and his mother, Mrs. Trent have no resources or place to stay.
• Gran encourages Nyle to get involved with...
This section contains 1,756 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)