* Nyle scares off Tyrus, Ripley Powers' dog, who just killed a sheep.
* Ripley approaches and Nyle and he exchange heated words.
* Ripley taunts Muncie and asks why Nyle hangs out with a "freak."
* Nyle defends her friend and friendship with Muncie.
* Muncie tells Nyle she will understand if Nyle doesn't want to be friends.
* The two girls part ways to go to their respective homes.
* Approaching home, Nyle notices the back room curtain is drawn.
* Nyle's grandmother, Gran, does not open the door at Nyle's call.
* Nyle finishes her chores and still no sign of Gran, the dog, or the cat.
* Gran finally appears and tells Nyle they have taken in two evacuees.
* Nyle expresses anger at the accident and Gran advices her to lose it.
* Ezra and his mother, Mrs. Trent have no resources or place to stay.
* Gran encourages Nyle to get involved with...
This section contains 1,756 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)