|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the true form of the marble lady?
(a) A secretary desk.
(b) An open coffin standing on end.
(c) A white horse.
(d) A marble tombstone.
2. What is growing from the carpet in Anodos' room?
(a) Water lilies.
(d) Tall grass.
3. When Anodos feels a chill from the marble lady's touch, what does he believe caused the chill?
(a) The marble.
(b) Water that dripped on his head.
(c) The damp cave.
(d) The cool breeze.
4. What unusual environment does Anodos see in his room?
5. What is peculiar about the flowers themselves that Anodos sees?
(a) The flowers give off their own light.
(b) The flowers hum.
(c) The flowers have no fragrance.
(d) The flowers float in the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anodos acquire from the source of the woman's voice to defend himself against the Ash?
2. What feeling does Anodos have as he moves through the forest after seeing the flowers?
3. After the woman and the young girl give information about the inhabitants of the forest to Anodos, what does the young girl tell him about the Ash tree?
4. What happens to Anodos' bed as his room changes?
5. How does the crystal globe benefit the little girl who carries it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might happen to Anodos if he travels through the forest without knowing about the Ash tree?
2. Why does Anodos awaken a little disoriented the day after his twenty-first birthday?
3. What are the consequences Anodos suffers when he ignores the warning of the knight in rusty armor about beautiful women in the forest?
4. From the time Anodos finds the ogre's hut, what events lead the reader to the conclusion that the shadow will bring trouble to Anodos?
5. How does the discovery of a room inside the Fairy Palace that looks like his own bedroom comfort Anodos?
6. How does Anodos allow himself to be controlled by nature and what are the results?
7. How does Anodos show his immaturity when he awakens the stone maiden?
8. What happens to Anodos as he spends more time in Fairy Land?
9. How does the magic of the Fairy Palace benefit Anodos?
10. How does Anodos' childlike innocence help him as he travels through Fairy Land?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)