|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the appearance of the knight in shining armor Anodos meets as he thinks about himself as a knight like Sir Galahad?
(a) The knight looks like Anodos' father.
(b) The knight is surrounded by a golden aura.
(c) The knight is wearing the armor Anodos made to fight the three giants.
(d) The knight is almost a mirror image of Anodos.
2. How does Anodos react to the white lady after she wavers between her life form and her stone form?
(a) He searches the crimson hall for the white lady.
(b) He begins to sing again.
(c) He cries.
(d) He tries to embrace the white lady.
3. What happens to the two brothers in the battle with the three giants?
(a) The two brothers are killed.
(b) The two brothers run to the town for help.
(c) The two brothers hide in the tower.
(d) The two brothers slay their giants, then help Anodos slay his giant.
4. Why can't Anodos go back the way he has come through the hole?
(a) A mist blocks his way.
(b) The opening is flooded.
(c) A rock has fallen which blocks his way.
(d) The opening behind him has closed without a trace.
5. When Anodos walks a corridor that runs the circumference of the halls in the crimson hall, what does he discover?
(a) There are thirteen hallways.
(b) He has lost his sense of direction.
(c) There are twelve hallways.
(d) The crimson hall is set up like a labyrinth.
6. What is the condition of the shoreline on which Anodos stands after the rock walls close in on him?
7. After Anodos leaves the island and arrives in a rocky country, from what structure does Anodos hear the sound of a clanging anvil?
(a) A tower.
(b) A cave.
(c) A stable.
(d) A cottage.
8. What do Anodos and the two brothers leave behind when they go to battle the three giants as the giants approach the tower?
(a) Their anvil.
(b) Their horses.
(c) Their armor.
(d) Their weapons.
9. What does Anodos learn when he passes through the door to the present time in the cottage on the island?
(a) The way to get home.
(b) The way to get rid of the shadow.
(c) The connection betwen the knight and the white lady.
(d) The location of his long-lost brother.
10. Who or what accompanies Anodos inside the tower to which the knight leads him?
(a) Anodos' horse.
(b) The knight.
(c) The young boy who warned Anodos.
(d) The shadow.
11. Once Anodos enters the forest, how does he react to the young boy's warning?
(a) He remembers the warning but chooses to ignore it.
(b) He keeps the warning solidly in mind.
(c) He sings the warning in a song.
(d) He forgets the warning.
12. After Anodos leaves the king and reaches the edge of a forest, what does a young man warn Anodos about?
(a) The king.
(b) The forest is enchanted.
(c) The Ash tree.
(d) Knights in shining armor.
13. Who helps the knight bury and mourn Anodos?
(a) The woman who asked the knight about her daughter.
(b) The white lady.
(c) A group of fairies.
(d) The girl who used to have the crystal globe.
14. Why does Anodos choose singing to make the white lady appear when he is in the crimson hall?
(a) Singing is what woke her in the stone cave.
(b) Singing soothes him.
(c) He doesn't know how to play an instrument.
(d) The dancers tell him to sing.
15. In the crimson hall, where does the white lady appear as Anodos sings?
(a) Lying on a marble bench.
(b) In a chair.
(c) In an open coffin.
(d) On her pedestal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal attacks Anodos at the ceremony he and the knight are observing?
2. Why does the white lady cry out after Anodos reacts to her when she wavers between her life form and her stone form?
3. How does Anodos feel in his new home beneath the ground?
4. Where does Cosmo get the mirror?
5. When Anodos is reborn as a primrose, who picks it and gives him his first kiss?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)