|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anodos think he can't hear music in the Fairy Palace?
(a) His hearing has not adjusted itself to hear the music.
(b) There isn't any music.
(c) He needs to know a magic incantation to hear the music.
(d) The music only exists in a certain part of the palace.
2. What is Anodos feeling as he thinks about how to make the white lady appear?
3. What happens when the woman in the cottage on the island has to go through a door to find Anodos?
(a) An earthquake shakes the island.
(b) She becomes trapped on the other side of the door with Anodos.
(c) Her cottage catches fire.
(d) The waters around the cottage rise.
4. How does Anodos communicate his feelings for the white lady to the goblin-like creatures?
(a) He makes up a poem.
(b) He writes on the wall of the hole.
(c) He shouts.
(d) He sings.
5. Why does Anodos become frustrated after the white lady wavers between her life form and her stone form?
(a) He thinks his attempts to bring the white lady to life were futile.
(b) He thinks his attempts to rid himself of the shadow were futile.
(c) He thinks his attempts to find a way home were futile.
(d) He thinks his attempts to find the white lady in the crimson hall were futile.
6. After the girl who used to have the crystal globe leaves the tower and Anodos starts off on a new journey through the forest, what happens to the shadow?
(a) The shadow follows Anodos.
(b) The shadow shatters into tiny pieces.
(c) He leaves the shadow behind.
(d) The shadow leads Anodos back the way he came.
7. When the two brothers in the tower finish their forging, what do they tell Anodos about their father?
(a) He is the king.
(b) He is abusive and heartless.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is the best swordsman in the country.
8. What does Anodos lose hope of finding as he travels in the hole?
(a) The white lady.
(b) A way to rid himself of the shadow.
(c) A way home.
(d) A way out of the hole.
9. How does Anodos make the goblin-like creatures he meets in the hole let him pass?
(a) He recites the magic incantation.
(b) He tells them the white lady should be with whomever she is meant to be with.
(c) He tells them he never loved the white lady.
(d) He tells them he will never give up hope of finding the white lady.
10. What does Anodos serve as to the knight in rusty armor as Anodos continues his new journey through the forest?
(a) A knight of equal rank.
(c) Jousting opponent.
11. What instrument does Anodos acquire from one of the dancers In the crimson hall as Anodos sings to make the white lady appear?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A harpsichord.
(c) A harp.
(d) A lute.
12. In the crimson hall, what do the dancers do when Anodos begins to sing to make the white lady appear?
(a) They accompany him.
(b) They dance faster.
(c) They dance slower.
(d) They stop dancing.
13. What has happened to the pedestal of the figure in Anodos' dream when he finds the pedestal the next day?
(a) It has been removed.
(b) It is empty.
(c) It has been smashed.
(d) It is covered with a crimson curtain.
14. What does Anodos see in the water as he looks over the edge of the boat he climbs in after jumping off the cliff into the water?
(a) His own reflection.
(b) A reflection of the white lady.
(c) Images from his past.
(d) Unique varieties of fish.
15. When Anodos and the knight arrive together at a house, what does the woman at the house ask the knight about her daughter?
(a) If he has found her daughter.
(b) If he will marry her daughter.
(c) If he will ride to the next town to get medicine for her daughter.
(d) If he will take her daughter with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Anodos kills his giant, where does he see the other two giants?
2. What do the three giants that Anodos and the two brothers have to battle possess as they threaten the country?
3. Why does Anodos stop singing to make the white lady appear when he sees the musical instrument In the crimson hall?
4. When Anodos walks a corridor that runs the circumference of the halls in the crimson hall, what does he discover?
5. What does Anodos think about the ceremony he and the knight are observing that makes Anodos want to get close to the front?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)