|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Councillor of State controlled French foreign policy because of the age of Louis XV?
2. Peter's meddling with Ahmed's restive subjects in ______was covered in Chapter 41.
3. What was Peter's view of his niece's marriage?
4. Much of Charles XII's infantry wasted time on Peter's redoubts and was _________.
5. Peter was heading home via which city when he met Prussia's King Frederick I and his son Frederick William?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Peter decide to focus his attention on the conquest of the upper Baltic?
2. Why did the author use the phrase "a place of carnage" to describe the battlefield at Poltava?
3. What sort of life did Catherine originate from?
4. What was Peter's response when he learned of the death of Charles XII?
5. What did Charles XII propose to his senior officers the day prior to the battle at Poltava in June, 1709?
6. Why did Charles XII turn south in mid-September and send General Anders Lagercrona's vanguard ahead?
7. What sort of effect did the arrival of Charles XII in Germany have?
8. Why was it Russia appeared to have significantly deteriorated in comparison to Sweden in the spring of 1720?
9. What were some ways Peter's second historic journey into the West differed from his first?
10. What did Charles XII and his advance regiments find upon arrival at Baturin on November 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what manner did Martha Skavronskaya enter Peter's life? How did she rise from obscurity to eventually succeed to his post following his death?
Essay Topic 2
Peter noted that a lone foreigner was capable of dispatching more affairs during a single morning than a house of his senators could accomplish in a month. What was the Tsar's day typically like when he was in St. Petersburg?
Essay Topic 3
What significance did Andrew Vinius, Patrick Gordon, Francis Lefort, and the Jolly Company have in Peter's life?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)