|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter's meddling with Ahmed's restive subjects in ______was covered in Chapter 41.
2. After how long did Peter bid the Regent and King farewell?
3. What injury lay Charles XII up nearly dead from infection?
4. While his people yearned for peace, Charles XII drafted new troops, raised taxes, and was aided by Baron Georg Heinrich von Goertz in becoming what?
5. Peter was shown in Chapter 29 as an autocrat over the vast country which he divided into how many governorships?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 36, how confident did Charles XII feel in early April ?
2. What were some ways Peter's second historic journey into the West differed from his first?
3. What did Chapter 42, "Fifty Blows on the Pruth," take its title from?
4. What did Charles XII and his advance regiments find upon arrival at Baturin on November 11?
5. What was Peter's response when he learned of the death of Charles XII?
6. How did the reign of Louis XIV of France compare with Peter's of Russia?
7. What did Charles XII propose to his senior officers the day prior to the battle at Poltava in June, 1709?
8. St. Petersburg came about in what fashion?
9. What did Alexis do on the evening of November 10, 1716?
10. What took place in the Great Audience Hall in Moscow on February 3, 1718?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was a visitor to Paris in 1717 likely to have seen? What was on the list Peter compiled of all he desired to look at and accomplish on his second historic trip to the West? How successful was his visit?
Essay Topic 2
What actions did Peter take in the usurpation of Sophia?
Essay Topic 3
What often mortifying physical disorder began to afflict Peter in the prime of his early manhood?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)