|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alexis was formally denounced, yet was promised forgiveness on what condition?
2. Upon meeting King Louis XV, Peter shocked the French by lifting him up and ___________.
3. Which vast Ottoman Empire situation was surveyed in Chapter 40?
4. Peter in 1704 seized Narva and Dorpat to protect _______and restore the army's honor.
5. Peter, unaware if St. Petersburg or Moscow was the goal of Charles XII, set for both and burned a swath how long from Smolensk to Pskov?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Charles XII propose to his senior officers the day prior to the battle at Poltava in June, 1709?
2. Why did Peter never have to simultaneously fight two enemies?
3. In Chapter 33, what did the author describe Charles XII and Peter as having done in the early summer months?
4. What did Alexis do on the evening of November 10, 1716?
5. Why did the Turkish Sultan want to send Charles XII home?
6. What took place in the Great Audience Hall in Moscow on February 3, 1718?
7. What did Charles XII and his advance regiments find upon arrival at Baturin on November 11?
8. Why did Peter decide to focus his attention on the conquest of the upper Baltic?
9. What was Peter's response when he learned of the death of Charles XII?
10. Why did Charles XII turn south in mid-September and send General Anders Lagercrona's vanguard ahead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was the Tsar's Great Embassy one of only a couple of overwhelming events in his life?
Essay Topic 2
What was Tsar Peter's reaction to Mazeppa's treason?
Essay Topic 3
What was Peter's childhood like? What was of importance that transpired during this time?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)