|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter ordered the fortress at Grodno abandoned, Charles XII was freed to invade what region?
2. Much of Charles XII's infantry wasted time on Peter's redoubts and was _________.
3. Avoiding open warfare in Poland, where did the Russians retreat to?
4. While his people yearned for peace, Charles XII drafted new troops, raised taxes, and was aided by Baron Georg Heinrich von Goertz in becoming what?
5. Alexis was formally denounced, yet was promised forgiveness on what condition?
Essay Topic 1
What were the fruits that Peter's triumph at Poltava afforded?
Essay Topic 2
Since Peter knew Charles XII fully intended to lead his army across Poland to invade Russia, what measures of defense did he undertake?
Essay Topic 3
Why was the Tsar's Great Embassy one of only a couple of overwhelming events in his life?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)