|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Martha Skavronskaya, Peter's wife, begin bearing his children?
2. Peter engaged which philosopher to oversee administrative, educational, and legal reforms?
3. What was Peter's view of his niece's marriage?
4. The fifty blows mentioned in the title of Chapter 42 were only half the number Peter deserved for risking capture at what location?
5. Where did Alexis finally seek asylum after originally being ordered by Peter to go to Copenhagen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was the Tsar's Great Embassy one of only a couple of overwhelming events in his life?
Essay Topic 2
When at dinner among Tsar Peter's lieutenants and friends in 1717, what was Prince Jacob Dolgoruky's response when Peter asked the seventy-eight year old how he compared the accomplishments of Tsar Alexis with those of Peter?
Essay Topic 3
How was it St. Petersburg came to be?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)