|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter was able to launch a disciplined infantry line which enveloped ________/
2. Where did Charles XII flee as Peter made his first disciplined infantry launch?
3. St. Petersburg expanded from Petrograd Island onto the mainland, then downstream to where?
4. Charles XII ordered the Poles to join him, hoping who would aid him?
5. Catherine first married Peter quietly in _______, and later, with full pomp in ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Peter gave orders as early as January, 1707, that directed what to be done to Poland?
2. What sort of effect did the arrival of Charles XII in Germany have?
3. What did Chapter 42, "Fifty Blows on the Pruth," take its title from?
4. What took place in the Great Audience Hall in Moscow on February 3, 1718?
5. How did Peter respond to his Poltava triumph?
6. What did Alexis do on the evening of November 10, 1716?
7. Peter quickly suffered dismay upon his return to St. Petersburg on October 11, 1717, for what reason?
8. Why did Peter never have to simultaneously fight two enemies?
9. What was Peter's response when he learned of the death of Charles XII?
10. What did Charles XII and his advance regiments find upon arrival at Baturin on November 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What often mortifying physical disorder began to afflict Peter in the prime of his early manhood?
Essay Topic 2
What was Peter's childhood like? What was of importance that transpired during this time?
Essay Topic 3
What was a visitor to Paris in 1717 likely to have seen? What was on the list Peter compiled of all he desired to look at and accomplish on his second historic trip to the West? How successful was his visit?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)