|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 37 described a clash that was most effective because of Rehnskjold's failure to share what with fellow generals?
2. Peter's meddling with Ahmed's restive subjects in ______was covered in Chapter 41.
3. Alexis was formally denounced, yet was promised forgiveness on what condition?
4. Which vast Ottoman Empire situation was surveyed in Chapter 40?
5. What injury lay Charles XII up nearly dead from infection?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Charles XII turn south in mid-September and send General Anders Lagercrona's vanguard ahead?
2. Why did Peter seek to control Dorpat and Narva in 1704?
3. Why did the Turkish Sultan want to send Charles XII home?
4. Peter gave orders as early as January, 1707, that directed what to be done to Poland?
5. What did Alexis do on the evening of November 10, 1716?
6. Why did the author use the phrase "a place of carnage" to describe the battlefield at Poltava?
7. How did Peter compare with his son, Alexis?
8. What took place in the Great Audience Hall in Moscow on February 3, 1718?
9. What sort of life did Catherine originate from?
10. What were some ways Peter's second historic journey into the West differed from his first?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Peter's childhood like? What was of importance that transpired during this time?
Essay Topic 2
What were the fruits that Peter's triumph at Poltava afforded?
Essay Topic 3
From where did the author draw, "These Things are in Your Way," the title of Chapter 18?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)