|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After how long did Peter bid the Regent and King farewell?
2. Why was it that Peter's 1717 visit to France yielded no diplomatic fruit?
3. Peter had ten redoubts built in what formation, that slowed enemy attacks?
4. After Charles XII was led into a trap, what did he and his troops lose?
5. Chapter 45 showed Charles XII held in Adrianople for how long while Turkey and Russia concluded peace?
Essay Topic 1
How did Peter come to meet Alexander Menshikov? What role of significance did he come to play in the Tsar's life?
Essay Topic 2
How did the description of Peter's later years at court while in St. Petersburg given by Ambassador Frederich Christian Weber of Hanover compare with that of court life twenty years prior in Moscow presented by Johann-Georg Korb, secretary to a visiting Austrian ambassador?
Essay Topic 3
What events transpired in the six weeks subsequent to the death of Charles XII that drastically affected the life of Baron Georg Heinrich von Goertz?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)