|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Charles XII was led into a trap, what did he and his troops lose?
2. Chapter 35 showed the effects of which year's intense cold that gripped all of Europe?
3. Peter, unaware if St. Petersburg or Moscow was the goal of Charles XII, set for both and burned a swath how long from Smolensk to Pskov?
4. When Afrosina provided proof of treason, what did Peter do?
5. Peter was heading home via which city when he met Prussia's King Frederick I and his son Frederick William?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Tsar Peter's reaction to Mazeppa's treason?
Essay Topic 2
Why did the author stipulate Peter's most extraordinary characteristic was his titanic energy?
Essay Topic 3
What actions did Peter take in the usurpation of Sophia?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)