|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. England's William I, who had sent the fleet each summer to advance Hanover's interests, reversed alliances for what reason?
2. On which bank did Peter's and others' mansions rise?
3. Avoiding open warfare in Poland, where did the Russians retreat to?
4. Due to the French monarch's age, who served as Regent for Louis XV?
5. According to Chapter 50, what had Peter been oblivious to and curious about before Paris in 1717?
Essay Topic 1
From where did the author draw, "These Things are in Your Way," the title of Chapter 18?
Essay Topic 2
What events transpired in the six weeks subsequent to the death of Charles XII that drastically affected the life of Baron Georg Heinrich von Goertz?
Essay Topic 3
In what manner did Martha Skavronskaya enter Peter's life? How did she rise from obscurity to eventually succeed to his post following his death?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)