|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 15 reflected William III, simultaneously King of England and Stadholder of Holland, as __________.
2. What happened to Sophia after her inner circle was tortured and Peter refused to see her?
3. Peter was humiliated across Europe when Swedes broke through what type of defenses that the Russians built at Narva?
4. Sieges were preferred to open-field battle and frequently ended in what manner?
5. Peter was concerned by the loss at Narva, but he spared nothing to outfit and train his new army under whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Peter quickly suffered dismay upon his return to St. Petersburg on October 11, 1717, for what reason?
2. Who was Russia's Fedor Golovin?
3. What did Peter initially state was his aim in attacking Sweden in the Great Northern War?
4. What was Peter's response following his initial defeat against Charles XII?
5. St. Petersburg came about in what fashion?
6. What did Alexis do on the evening of November 10, 1716?
7. Why did Peter's Great Embassy amaze his countrymen?
8. What was Peter's key to power in Russia during the initial half of his life?
9. What was there to describe as Russian industry prior to Peter's time?
10. How did the author describe London in the era Peter visited?
Essay Topic 1
What were the fruits that Peter's triumph at Poltava afforded?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Peter failed in his initial attack on Azov, but he was successful in a subsequent assault? In what manner did this affect his status in Russia and in Europe?
Essay Topic 3
What events transpired in the six weeks subsequent to the death of Charles XII that drastically affected the life of Baron Georg Heinrich von Goertz?
This section contains 1,482 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)