|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Charles XII launch his surprise campaign against Narva?
2. Peter was careful to wander, survey, and practice all that he saw Western technology and science reveal, and he dedicated himself to ____________.
3. Reports that the Streltsy were marching against him sent Peter in flight by night to the historic Troitsky Monastery______________.
4. In Chapter 9, Peter was shown enjoying his freedom for how many more years?
5. Since Peter needed a more systematic approach to naval concerns, he visited England. How long was he in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sophia attempt to ensure that her brief state of thriving during Fedor's time continued following his death?
2. Peter ventured into Holland with his Great Embassy for what purpose?
3. What was Peter's response following his initial defeat against Charles XII?
4. What activities did Peter prefer to state ceremonies during Sophia's reign?
5. What sequence transpired that resulted in Peter coming to power?
6. What was Peter's key to power in Russia during the initial half of his life?
7. According to Chapter 9, what did Peter find in the German Suburb?
8. What was the astonishing test Peter applied to the welcome which noblemen offered him when he returned from the Great Embassy tour?
9. Why did Peter's Great Embassy amaze his countrymen?
10. Who did Peter meet when his Embassy came to an end unexpectedly, and he headed home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the description of Peter's later years at court while in St. Petersburg given by Ambassador Frederich Christian Weber of Hanover compare with that of court life twenty years prior in Moscow presented by Johann-Georg Korb, secretary to a visiting Austrian ambassador?
Essay Topic 2
Why was the Tsar's Great Embassy one of only a couple of overwhelming events in his life?
Essay Topic 3
What events transpired in the six weeks subsequent to the death of Charles XII that drastically affected the life of Baron Georg Heinrich von Goertz?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)