|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upset by Sophia, whom did the boyars rally around?
2. How long did Peter work at the Dutch company to learn his trade?
3. What observation could be made about Peter given that he enjoyed Mock-Synod celebrations at Christmas and before Lent, stood with troops rather than the Patriarch at Epiphany when the Moscow River is blessed, and ended executions with bodies being buried as Lent begins?
4. Whom did Peter tax after his eventual triumph at Azov?
5. Reports that the Streltsy were marching against him sent Peter in flight by night to the historic Troitsky Monastery______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What activities did Peter prefer to state ceremonies during Sophia's reign?
2. Why was Peter unsuccessful in gaining an ally against the Turks when he met Leopold I?
3. How was Sophia overthrown?
4. How did Sophia attempt to ensure that her brief state of thriving during Fedor's time continued following his death?
5. What battle did Peter decide to engage in at age 22?
6. How did King William find Peter shortly following his arrival in London?
7. What did Peter initially state was his aim in attacking Sweden in the Great Northern War?
8. What sequence transpired that resulted in Peter coming to power?
9. Who was Russia's Fedor Golovin?
10. What was Peter's response following his initial defeat against Charles XII?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What actions did Peter take in the usurpation of Sophia?
Essay Topic 2
From where did the author draw, "These Things are in Your Way," the title of Chapter 18?
Essay Topic 3
When at dinner among Tsar Peter's lieutenants and friends in 1717, what was Prince Jacob Dolgoruky's response when Peter asked the seventy-eight year old how he compared the accomplishments of Tsar Alexis with those of Peter?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)