|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter's passion for sailing began when he and his tutor found, refurbished, and took a boat out on what lake?
2. How long did Peter send the "Great Embassy" to Europe to recruit and study?
3. Chapter 21 reflected Peter was back at his highest priority, finding in his shipyards any waste, shortages, or ________.
4. In Chapter 12, Peter felt the need to shore up a dying anti-Turkish alliance and European worries grew regarding whose ambitions?
5. Peter himself went incognito among the 250-member staff as whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sequence transpired that resulted in Peter coming to power?
2. Why did Peter's Great Embassy amaze his countrymen?
3. According to Chapter 9, what did Peter find in the German Suburb?
4. What significant affairs transpired during Sophia's reign?
5. How did the author describe London in the era Peter visited?
6. Who was Russia's Fedor Golovin?
7. How was Sophia overthrown?
8. What were Peter's distinguishing physical characteristics when he was age 22?
9. What did Peter initially state was his aim in attacking Sweden in the Great Northern War?
10. How did King William find Peter shortly following his arrival in London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peter noted that a lone foreigner was capable of dispatching more affairs during a single morning than a house of his senators could accomplish in a month. What was the Tsar's day typically like when he was in St. Petersburg?
Essay Topic 2
How did Peter come to meet Alexander Menshikov? What role of significance did he come to play in the Tsar's life?
Essay Topic 3
What events transpired in the six weeks subsequent to the death of Charles XII that drastically affected the life of Baron Georg Heinrich von Goertz?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)