|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seventeenth century European wars were shown to be steadily growing in deadliness and scope, yet what rules were they still obeying?
2. How many Dutch specialists and officers did the "Great Embassy" send to Russia?
3. Martha Skavronskaya, a peasant girl Sheremetev captured, later became Peter's wife and successor as _________.
4. Who was the King of Poland that Peter met en route home?
5. Sieges were preferred to open-field battle and frequently ended in what manner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What took place for Peter on his initial trip to Archangel in 1693?
2. What activities did Peter prefer to state ceremonies during Sophia's reign?
3. Who was Russia's Fedor Golovin?
4. What did Peter initially state was his aim in attacking Sweden in the Great Northern War?
5. Why did Peter select the location he did for St. Petersburg?
6. What was Peter's key to power in Russia during the initial half of his life?
7. What were some of the problems Peter found taking place in the shipyards at Voronezh when he returned from his Embassy tour?
8. What was the astonishing test Peter applied to the welcome which noblemen offered him when he returned from the Great Embassy tour?
9. Why was Peter unsuccessful in gaining an ally against the Turks when he met Leopold I?
10. What sequence transpired that resulted in Peter coming to power?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Since Peter knew Charles XII fully intended to lead his army across Poland to invade Russia, what measures of defense did he undertake?
Essay Topic 2
Why was the Tsar's Great Embassy one of only a couple of overwhelming events in his life?
Essay Topic 3
What significance did Andrew Vinius, Patrick Gordon, Francis Lefort, and the Jolly Company have in Peter's life?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)