|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author note Peter seemed to identify as the key while he embarked on his "Great Embassy" travels?
2. Golitsyn was responsible for what foreign policy highpoint of the Regency?
3. After serfs and peasants were drafted by the thousands for unskilled shipbuilding labor, what work moved swiftly despite what?
4. Peter evaded an anti-Swedish alliance in Prussia to concentrate on whom?
5. In Chapter 3, who was Sophia?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 36, how confident did Charles XII feel in early April ?
2. What battle did Peter decide to engage in at age 22?
3. Peter quickly suffered dismay upon his return to St. Petersburg on October 11, 1717, for what reason?
4. What sort of life did Catherine originate from?
5. Describe Peter II's rule following Catherine's death.
6. What were Peter's distinguishing physical characteristics when he was age 22?
7. What were some ways Peter treated Anna Mons differently after he returned from his Great Embassy tour?
8. What did Alexis do on the evening of November 10, 1716?
9. Why did Peter decide to focus his attention on the conquest of the upper Baltic?
10. What was the astonishing test Peter applied to the welcome which noblemen offered him when he returned from the Great Embassy tour?
Essay Topic 1
How was it St. Petersburg came to be?
Essay Topic 2
How did the description of Peter's later years at court while in St. Petersburg given by Ambassador Frederich Christian Weber of Hanover compare with that of court life twenty years prior in Moscow presented by Johann-Georg Korb, secretary to a visiting Austrian ambassador?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Peter failed in his initial attack on Azov, but he was successful in a subsequent assault? In what manner did this affect his status in Russia and in Europe?
This section contains 1,535 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)