|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter's passion for sailing began when he and his tutor found, refurbished, and took a boat out on what lake?
2. How did Sophia use Fedor's funeral to break tradition?
3. Which two carousing groups did Peter form that convinced many he was the Antichrist?
4. In Chapter 3, who was Sophia?
5. Peter was treated as an upstart monarch, but he behaved with decorum as he was eager to meet Leopold I, master of _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Peter's key to power in Russia during the initial half of his life?
2. What activities did Peter prefer to state ceremonies during Sophia's reign?
3. How did King William find Peter shortly following his arrival in London?
4. How was Sophia overthrown?
5. What were some of the problems Peter found taking place in the shipyards at Voronezh when he returned from his Embassy tour?
6. Why was Peter unsuccessful in gaining an ally against the Turks when he met Leopold I?
7. Who was Russia's Fedor Golovin?
8. What took place for Peter on his initial trip to Archangel in 1693?
9. When Sophia became regent, what immediate test did she face?
10. What were Peter's distinguishing physical characteristics when he was age 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was the Tsar's Great Embassy one of only a couple of overwhelming events in his life?
Essay Topic 2
How did Peter come to meet Alexander Menshikov? What role of significance did he come to play in the Tsar's life?
Essay Topic 3
What significance did Andrew Vinius, Patrick Gordon, Francis Lefort, and the Jolly Company have in Peter's life?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)