|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, Peter attacked a 13th-century Estonian seaport fortress that was defended by how many men?
2. Sophia surveyed the plight of women in 17th-century Russia and ______________in particular.
3. Leopold I promised not to relinquish gains Peter made at Azov, but he offered no assistance in gaining entry to which sea?
4. Since Peter needed a more systematic approach to naval concerns, he visited England. How long was he in England?
5. From Voronezh where he displayed power and obtained a treaty with the Turks when Baltic fighting started, Peter set out to reclaim what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What battle did Peter decide to engage in at age 22?
2. Why was Peter unsuccessful in gaining an ally against the Turks when he met Leopold I?
3. Why was Peter anxious to meet King William of England in Holland?
4. What were some of the problems Peter found taking place in the shipyards at Voronezh when he returned from his Embassy tour?
5. What was Peter's response following his initial defeat against Charles XII?
6. How did the author describe London in the era Peter visited?
7. How was Sophia overthrown?
8. What were some examples that reflected how seventeenth century European wars, despite deadliness and scope that steadily grew, still retained obedience of rules?
9. What took place for Peter on his initial trip to Archangel in 1693?
10. What was the astonishing test Peter applied to the welcome which noblemen offered him when he returned from the Great Embassy tour?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Tsar Peter's reaction to Mazeppa's treason?
Essay Topic 2
What actions did Peter take in the usurpation of Sophia?
Essay Topic 3
What often mortifying physical disorder began to afflict Peter in the prime of his early manhood?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)