|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to build the Fortress of St. Peter and St. Paul by hand?
2. In Chapter 3, who was Sophia?
3. While he maintained his devotion to Orthodoxy, Peter investigated Anglicanism and was fascinated by which denomination?
4. At what age did Peter lose his father?
5. Patkul, an anti-Swede from __________, stirred Peter and Augustus to action against Charles XII?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Peter unsuccessful in gaining an ally against the Turks when he met Leopold I?
2. According to Chapter 9, what did Peter find in the German Suburb?
3. What were some of the problems Peter found taking place in the shipyards at Voronezh when he returned from his Embassy tour?
4. What was the astonishing test Peter applied to the welcome which noblemen offered him when he returned from the Great Embassy tour?
5. What was Peter's key to power in Russia during the initial half of his life?
6. What battle did Peter decide to engage in at age 22?
7. Who did Peter meet when his Embassy came to an end unexpectedly, and he headed home?
8. What was the youth of Charles XII of Sweden like?
9. What was Peter's response following his initial defeat against Charles XII?
10. Peter ventured into Holland with his Great Embassy for what purpose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Peter come to meet Alexander Menshikov? What role of significance did he come to play in the Tsar's life?
Essay Topic 2
What was Peter's childhood like? What was of importance that transpired during this time?
Essay Topic 3
What events transpired in the six weeks subsequent to the death of Charles XII that drastically affected the life of Baron Georg Heinrich von Goertz?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)