|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 29, where were open rebellions by Streltsy repressed?
(a) Astrakhan, Bashkirs, Lipetsk.
(b) Bashkirs, Don Cossacks, Lipetsk.
(c) Astrakhan, Bashkirs, Don Cossacks.
(d) Astrakhan, Don Cossacks, Lipetsk.
2. Peter engaged which philosopher to oversee administrative, educational, and legal reforms?
(a) Gottfried von Leibniz.
(b) Stanislaus Lesczynski.
(c) Francis Lefort.
(d) Adam Ludwig Lewenhaupt.
3. According to Chapter 29, what positive improvements were part of Peter's reign?
(a) Condition of foreigners, technical education, public housing.
(b) Condition of women, language education, a newspaper.
(c) Condition of deformed infants, tax reform, theater.
(d) Condition of elderly, medical developments, theater.
4. Following his stay in Adrianople, where did Charles XII race?
(a) To Pomerania.
(b) To Plath.
(c) To Pyntz.
(d) To Pollnow.
5. While his people yearned for peace, Charles XII drafted new troops, raised taxes, and was aided by Baron Georg Heinrich von Goertz in becoming what?
(a) His brain but not his voice.
(b) Both his voice and brain.
(c) His voice if not his brain.
(d) Support, but not his brain.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which bank did Peter's and others' mansions rise?
2. After how long did Peter bid the Regent and King farewell?
3. When Peter ordered the fortress at Grodno abandoned, Charles XII was freed to invade what region?
4. Chapter 35 showed the effects of which year's intense cold that gripped all of Europe?
5. Peter had ten redoubts built in what formation, that slowed enemy attacks?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)