|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 38, the Swedes were entrapped, and they convinced Charles XII to flee to what territory?
(a) Slovakian territory.
(b) Turkish territory.
(c) Polish territory.
(d) Lithuanian territory.
2. Why was it that Peter's 1717 visit to France yielded no diplomatic fruit?
(a) Councillor of State was set to ally with England, George I hated Peter.
(b) Regent were set to ally with England, George I hated Peter.
(c) Regent were set to ally with England, George II hated Peter.
(d) Councillor of State was set to ally with England, George II hated Peter.
3. Peter's meddling with Ahmed's restive subjects in ______was covered in Chapter 41.
4. Seeking to restore old Moscow, Charles XII takes a direct thrust at Russia's heart rather than first restoring which sea?
(a) Red Sea.
(b) Dead Sea.
(c) Mediterranean Sea.
(d) Baltic Sea.
5. Unable to fight with Sweden or Britain in new "ship-of-the-line" warships, what did Peter build that could sail close to shore and swarm larger ships?
(a) Rowed catamarans.
(b) Rowed kayaks.
(c) Rowed frigates.
(d) Rowed galleys.
Short Answer Questions
1. While retaining the Baltic lands, what did Peter allow them to keep?
2. Which Councillor of State controlled French foreign policy because of the age of Louis XV?
3. Charles XII ordered the Poles to join him, hoping who would aid him?
4. When Peter found evidence of Alexis' whereabouts, where did Charles VI move Alexis?
5. England's William I, who had sent the fleet each summer to advance Hanover's interests, reversed alliances for what reason?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)