|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 45 showed Charles XII held in Adrianople for how long while Turkey and Russia concluded peace?
(a) Sixteen months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Twenty months.
2. When Peter found evidence of Alexis' whereabouts, where did Charles VI move Alexis?
3. In Chapter 33, some 35,000 Swedes were against 57,500 Russians, with how many reinforcements respectively?
(a) 70,000, 110,000.
(b) 110,000, 70,000.
(c) 30,000, 70,000.
(d) 50,000, 90,000.
4. Peter had ten redoubts built in what formation, that slowed enemy attacks?
5. Seeking to restore old Moscow, Charles XII takes a direct thrust at Russia's heart rather than first restoring which sea?
(a) Mediterranean Sea.
(b) Red Sea.
(c) Dead Sea.
(d) Baltic Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did Peter seek a mediator or ally after determining that fanatical Charles XII was certain to invade Russia?
2. In Chapter 32, the Russians torched Poland to deny Charles provisions and bridges, and accomplish what else?
3. Peter was able to launch a disciplined infantry line which enveloped ________/
4. In Chapter 29, where were open rebellions by Streltsy repressed?
5. Ulrika, the sister of Charles XII, assumed the throne and ordered Goertz beheaded, which left Sweden as a _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of effect did the arrival of Charles XII in Germany have?
2. Peter quickly suffered dismay upon his return to St. Petersburg on October 11, 1717, for what reason?
3. What did Charles XII propose to his senior officers the day prior to the battle at Poltava in June, 1709?
4. What were some ways Peter's second historic journey into the West differed from his first?
5. Why was it Russia appeared to have significantly deteriorated in comparison to Sweden in the spring of 1720?
6. What did Chapter 42, "Fifty Blows on the Pruth," take its title from?
7. What took place in the Great Audience Hall in Moscow on February 3, 1718?
8. What did Charles XII and his advance regiments find upon arrival at Baturin on November 11?
9. Why did the Turkish Sultan want to send Charles XII home?
10. How did Peter compare with his son, Alexis?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)