|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles XII ordered the Poles to join him, hoping who would aid him?
(a) Zaporozhsky and Crimean Cossacks.
(b) Zaporozhsky Tatars, Crimean Cossacks.
(c) Zaporozhsky Cossacks, Crimean Tatars.
(d) Zaporozhsky and Crimean Tatars.
2. Largely due to Peter Tolstoy's diplomacy, which group remained out of the Northern War?
3. Charles XII was impatient, but a competent Russian attack surprised him when he crossed which waterway?
(a) Vistula River.
(b) Dvina River.
(c) Pripet River.
(d) Dnieper River.
4. Avoiding open warfare in Poland, where did the Russians retreat to?
5. Why was it that Peter's 1717 visit to France yielded no diplomatic fruit?
(a) Regent were set to ally with England, George I hated Peter.
(b) Councillor of State was set to ally with England, George II hated Peter.
(c) Councillor of State was set to ally with England, George I hated Peter.
(d) Regent were set to ally with England, George II hated Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died in 1715 after giving birth to Peter, a son?
2. Which Councillor of State controlled French foreign policy because of the age of Louis XV?
3. The rulers of which two Christian principalities secretly agreed to help in fighting Turkey?
4. Who told Alexis that surrendering was his only way of marrying Afrosina?
5. Seeking to restore old Moscow, Charles XII takes a direct thrust at Russia's heart rather than first restoring which sea?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)