|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 29, where were open rebellions by Streltsy repressed?
(a) Bashkirs, Don Cossacks, Lipetsk.
(b) Astrakhan, Bashkirs, Don Cossacks.
(c) Astrakhan, Bashkirs, Lipetsk.
(d) Astrakhan, Don Cossacks, Lipetsk.
2. After being cornered, what areas did Peter abandon that resulted in his survival and making peace with Charles XII?
(a) Poland, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
(b) Azov, Poland, Tagonrog.
(c) Azov, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
(d) Azov, Poland, Slovakia.
3. Which Councillor of State controlled French foreign policy because of the age of Louis XV?
(a) Charles Eugene, Duc Du Croy.
(b) Philippe, Duc d'Orléans.
(c) Anthony Devier.
(d) Abbé Guillaume Dubois.
4. After Charles XII was led into a trap, what did he and his troops lose?
(a) Food rations.
(b) Warm quarters.
(c) Dry gunpowder.
(d) Safe retreat.
5. Although Mazeppa had run into his arms, why was Charles XII desperate?
(a) He was deep in enemy territory, low on food and gunpowder.
(b) His troops wanted to surrender.
(c) His army was divided, low on food and medicine.
(d) He was surrounded, low on food and gunpowder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles XII hoped to ally with Hetman Mazeppa, the Cossack who had been waiting for an opportunity to win independence for ___________.
2. Protestants sought to keep Charles XII apart from whom?
3. Charles XII ordered the Poles to join him, hoping who would aid him?
4. With Severia lost, where did Charles XII go?
5. Charles XII went home to Sweden only after he took Danish Rügen. How many years had passed?
Short Essay Questions
1. St. Petersburg came about in what fashion?
2. Peter quickly suffered dismay upon his return to St. Petersburg on October 11, 1717, for what reason?
3. Peter gave orders as early as January, 1707, that directed what to be done to Poland?
4. How did the reign of Louis XIV of France compare with Peter's of Russia?
5. Why did the Turkish Sultan want to send Charles XII home?
6. How did Peter compare with his son, Alexis?
7. What was Peter's response when he learned of the death of Charles XII?
8. In Chapter 33, what did the author describe Charles XII and Peter as having done in the early summer months?
9. What did Alexis do on the evening of November 10, 1716?
10. How did Peter respond to his Poltava triumph?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)