|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite people's pleas, Charles XII vowed to make which group join him or face annihilation?
(c) Western Pomeranians.
2. General Lewenhaupt was sent for a massive quantity of supplies, but his effort bogged down and cost the campaign of Charles XII how much time?
(a) Nearly a year.
3. How was Louis XV related to Louis XIV?
(a) Great grandson.
4. Peter in 1704 seized Narva and Dorpat to protect _______and restore the army's honor.
(a) .Nizhny Novgorod.
(d) St. Petersburg.
5. Chapter 35 showed the effects of which year's intense cold that gripped all of Europe?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Afrosina provided proof of treason, what did Peter do?
2. Chapter 46 examined the rapid growth of St. Petersburg following what year?
3. Chapter 36 brought spring's oppressive heat, but Charles XII rejected what at this point?
4. Why was it that Peter's 1717 visit to France yielded no diplomatic fruit?
5. Where did Charles XII flee as Peter made his first disciplined infantry launch?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 33, what did the author describe Charles XII and Peter as having done in the early summer months?
2. Throughout Peter's reign, why was he seen as constantly moving?
3. Why did Peter seek to control Dorpat and Narva in 1704?
4. Why did the author use the phrase "a place of carnage" to describe the battlefield at Poltava?
5. How did the reign of Louis XIV of France compare with Peter's of Russia?
6. What were some ways Peter's second historic journey into the West differed from his first?
7. How did Peter respond to his Poltava triumph?
8. Why did the Turkish Sultan want to send Charles XII home?
9. Why did Peter never have to simultaneously fight two enemies?
10. What sort of life did Catherine originate from?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)