|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being cornered, what areas did Peter abandon that resulted in his survival and making peace with Charles XII?
(a) Azov, Poland, Tagonrog.
(b) Poland, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
(c) Azov, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
(d) Azov, Poland, Slovakia.
2. In what year did Martha Skavronskaya, Peter's wife, begin bearing his children?
3. How soon after Goertz went to Charles XII about having negotiated with Norway without authorization did Charles die?
(a) One day.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Ten days.
4. When Peter ordered the fortress at Grodno abandoned, Charles XII was freed to invade what region?
5. Much of Charles XII's infantry wasted time on Peter's redoubts and was _________.
(a) Out of area where main battle transpires.
(b) Out of gunpowder for the main battle.
(c) Out of time for the main battle.
(d) Out of position for the main battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter, unaware if St. Petersburg or Moscow was the goal of Charles XII, set for both and burned a swath how long from Smolensk to Pskov?
2. In Chapter 51, Peter came home to handle a governmental mess and confront Tsarevich Alexis about his _________.
3. Protestants sought to keep Charles XII apart from whom?
4. According to Chapter 29, what positive improvements were part of Peter's reign?
5. Who died in 1715 after giving birth to Peter, a son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the reign of Louis XIV of France compare with Peter's of Russia?
2. St. Petersburg came about in what fashion?
3. How did Peter compare with his son, Alexis?
4. Peter quickly suffered dismay upon his return to St. Petersburg on October 11, 1717, for what reason?
5. What took place in the Great Audience Hall in Moscow on February 3, 1718?
6. What did Alexis do on the evening of November 10, 1716?
7. Why did Peter decide to focus his attention on the conquest of the upper Baltic?
8. What did Charles XII and his advance regiments find upon arrival at Baturin on November 11?
9. Why did Peter never have to simultaneously fight two enemies?
10. Throughout Peter's reign, why was he seen as constantly moving?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)