|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter's meddling with Ahmed's restive subjects in ______was covered in Chapter 41.
2. Peter, unaware if St. Petersburg or Moscow was the goal of Charles XII, set for both and burned a swath how long from Smolensk to Pskov?
(a) 160 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) 240 miles.
(d) 120 miles.
3. Peter had ten redoubts built in what formation, that slowed enemy attacks?
4. Upon meeting King Louis XV, Peter shocked the French by lifting him up and ___________.
(a) Hugging, kissing him.
(b) Tossing, catching him.
(c) Holding, giving piggy-back rides.
(d) Tickling, singing to him.
5. Peter's westward travels in 1716-1717 had the following three goals: to recover his health, to attend his niece's wedding, and to __________.
(a) Boost allies' support of the invasion of Sweden.
(b) Boost allies' support of the invasion of Denmark.
(c) Boost allies' support of the invasion of England.
(d) Boost allies' support of the invasion of Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles XII ordered the Poles to join him, hoping who would aid him?
2. Seeking to restore old Moscow, Charles XII takes a direct thrust at Russia's heart rather than first restoring which sea?
3. When Peter ordered the fortress at Grodno abandoned, Charles XII was freed to invade what region?
4. According to Chapter 29, what positive improvements were part of Peter's reign?
5. Peter was heading home via which city when he met Prussia's King Frederick I and his son Frederick William?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of effect did the arrival of Charles XII in Germany have?
2. According to Chapter 36, how confident did Charles XII feel in early April ?
3. Peter quickly suffered dismay upon his return to St. Petersburg on October 11, 1717, for what reason?
4. How did the reign of Louis XIV of France compare with Peter's of Russia?
5. What sort of life did Catherine originate from?
6. Throughout Peter's reign, why was he seen as constantly moving?
7. Why did Peter seek to control Dorpat and Narva in 1704?
8. How did Peter respond to his Poltava triumph?
9. What was Peter's response when he learned of the death of Charles XII?
10. In Chapter 33, what did the author describe Charles XII and Peter as having done in the early summer months?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)