|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 29, where were open rebellions by Streltsy repressed?
(a) Astrakhan, Bashkirs, Don Cossacks.
(b) Bashkirs, Don Cossacks, Lipetsk.
(c) Astrakhan, Bashkirs, Lipetsk.
(d) Astrakhan, Don Cossacks, Lipetsk.
2. What happened to Swedish prisoners of war?
(a) Made into slaves.
(b) Exchanged for Russian prisoners.
(d) Dispersed to frontiers.
3. When Peter found evidence of Alexis' whereabouts, where did Charles VI move Alexis?
4. According to Chapter 50, what had Peter been oblivious to and curious about before Paris in 1717?
(a) Oblivious to pomp, curious about museums.
(b) Oblivious to majesty, curious about everything.
(c) Oblivious to grandeur, curious about architecture.
(d) Oblivious to resplendence, curious about theater.
5. How old was Peter Petrovich when he was named heir?
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury lay Charles XII up nearly dead from infection?
2. According to Chapter 29, what positive improvements were part of Peter's reign?
3. Unable to fight with Sweden or Britain in new "ship-of-the-line" warships, what did Peter build that could sail close to shore and swarm larger ships?
4. Although Mazeppa had run into his arms, why was Charles XII desperate?
5. Charles XII went home to Sweden only after he took Danish Rügen. How many years had passed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Peter compare with his son, Alexis?
2. Why did the Turkish Sultan want to send Charles XII home?
3. How did Peter respond to his Poltava triumph?
4. What did Charles XII and his advance regiments find upon arrival at Baturin on November 11?
5. What did Chapter 42, "Fifty Blows on the Pruth," take its title from?
6. Why did Peter seek to control Dorpat and Narva in 1704?
7. In Chapter 33, what did the author describe Charles XII and Peter as having done in the early summer months?
8. What did Charles XII propose to his senior officers the day prior to the battle at Poltava in June, 1709?
9. How did the reign of Louis XIV of France compare with Peter's of Russia?
10. What was Peter's response when he learned of the death of Charles XII?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)