|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 51, Peter came home to handle a governmental mess and confront Tsarevich Alexis about his _________.
(a) Future monarchical responsibility.
(b) Future parental responsibility.
(c) Future religious responsibility.
(d) Future marital responsibility.
2. What title of Chapter 39 reflected the celebration of deliverance and foreign capitals that offered dynastic marriages and treaties?
(a) "The Fruits of Poltava."
(b) "The Fruits of Pervomaisk."
(c) "The Fruits of Pryluky."
(d) "The Fruits of Perechyn."
3. Whom did Peter's son Alexis marry in Chapter 43?
(a) Princess Chevelle.
(b) Princess Charlotte.
(c) Princess Cecilia.
(d) Princess Champagne.
4. Peter, unaware if St. Petersburg or Moscow was the goal of Charles XII, set for both and burned a swath how long from Smolensk to Pskov?
(a) 240 miles.
(b) 120 miles.
(c) 200 miles.
(d) 160 miles.
5. Largely due to Peter Tolstoy's diplomacy, which group remained out of the Northern War?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Afrosina provided proof of treason, what did Peter do?
2. While retaining the Baltic lands, what did Peter allow them to keep?
3. Peter conquered coastal Finland, invaded the Aland Islands, and seized how many ships off Cape Hangö in one summer?
4. How was Louis XV related to Louis XIV?
5. Who told Alexis that surrendering was his only way of marrying Afrosina?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the reign of Louis XIV of France compare with Peter's of Russia?
2. St. Petersburg came about in what fashion?
3. What did Alexis do on the evening of November 10, 1716?
4. What did Chapter 42, "Fifty Blows on the Pruth," take its title from?
5. What did Charles XII and his advance regiments find upon arrival at Baturin on November 11?
6. How did Peter compare with his son, Alexis?
7. What was Peter's response when he learned of the death of Charles XII?
8. What did Charles XII propose to his senior officers the day prior to the battle at Poltava in June, 1709?
9. How did Peter respond to his Poltava triumph?
10. Why did Charles XII turn south in mid-September and send General Anders Lagercrona's vanguard ahead?
This section contains 1,172 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)