|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter's meddling with Ahmed's restive subjects in ______was covered in Chapter 41.
2. Due to the French monarch's age, who served as Regent for Louis XV?
(a) Abbé Guillaume Duboi.
(b) Charles Eugene, Duc Du Croy.
(c) Philippe, Duc d'Orléans.
(d) Anthony Devier.
3. Charles XII hoped to ally with Hetman Mazeppa, the Cossack who had been waiting for an opportunity to win independence for ___________.
(a) Ten years.
(b) Forty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Thirty years.
4. Which Councillor of State controlled French foreign policy because of the age of Louis XV?
(a) Philippe, Duc d'Orléans.
(b) Anthony Devier.
(c) Charles Eugene, Duc Du Croy.
(d) Abbé Guillaume Dubois.
5. Peter was shown in Chapter 29 as an autocrat over the vast country which he divided into how many governorships?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Peter's son Alexis marry in Chapter 43?
2. Ulrika, the sister of Charles XII, assumed the throne and ordered Goertz beheaded, which left Sweden as a _________.
3. General Lewenhaupt was sent for a massive quantity of supplies, but his effort bogged down and cost the campaign of Charles XII how much time?
4. In Chapter 29, where were open rebellions by Streltsy repressed?
5. On which bank did Peter's and others' mansions rise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Peter quickly suffered dismay upon his return to St. Petersburg on October 11, 1717, for what reason?
2. St. Petersburg came about in what fashion?
3. What were some ways Peter's second historic journey into the West differed from his first?
4. What sort of effect did the arrival of Charles XII in Germany have?
5. In Chapter 33, what did the author describe Charles XII and Peter as having done in the early summer months?
6. What sort of life did Catherine originate from?
7. How did Peter compare with his son, Alexis?
8. Why did Charles XII turn south in mid-September and send General Anders Lagercrona's vanguard ahead?
9. How did Peter respond to his Poltava triumph?
10. What did Charles XII and his advance regiments find upon arrival at Baturin on November 11?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)