|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha Skavronskaya, a peasant girl Sheremetev captured, later became Peter's wife and successor as _________.
(a) Catherine I.
(b) Martha I.
(c) Catherine II.
(d) Martha II.
2. Leopold I promised not to relinquish gains Peter made at Azov, but he offered no assistance in gaining entry to which sea?
(a) Adriatic Sea.
(b) Black Sea.
(c) Baltic Sea.
(d) Mediterranean Sea.
3. The foes that surrounded Orthodox Russia included Sweden, Poland, the Ottoman Empire, and which other enemy?
(b) Great Britain.
4. Peter's passion for sailing began when he and his tutor found, refurbished, and took a boat out on what lake?
5. Peter was humiliated across Europe when Swedes broke through what type of defenses that the Russians built at Narva?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sophia use Fedor's funeral to break tradition?
2. When did the founding of St. Petersburg transpire?
3. Peter himself went incognito among the 250-member staff as whom?
4. In 1695, Peter attacked Azov, the Turkish fortress, to end Tatar raids in the Ukraine and gain access to which sea?
5. After serfs and peasants were drafted by the thousands for unskilled shipbuilding labor, what work moved swiftly despite what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some examples that reflected how seventeenth century European wars, despite deadliness and scope that steadily grew, still retained obedience of rules?
2. What activities did Peter prefer to state ceremonies during Sophia's reign?
3. Who was Russia's Fedor Golovin?
4. Why did Peter's Great Embassy amaze his countrymen?
5. What was Peter's key to power in Russia during the initial half of his life?
6. What was Peter's response following his initial defeat against Charles XII?
7. What battle did Peter decide to engage in at age 22?
8. What was the astonishing test Peter applied to the welcome which noblemen offered him when he returned from the Great Embassy tour?
9. What significant affairs transpired during Sophia's reign?
10. Peter ventured into Holland with his Great Embassy for what purpose?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)