|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patriarch Nikon, who challenged Alexis and sternly enforced his own views, was deposed in what year?
2. In Chapter 9, Peter was shown enjoying his freedom for how many more years?
3. When did Charles XII launch his surprise campaign against Narva?
4. In Chapter 3, who was Sophia?
5. How many Dutch specialists and officers did the "Great Embassy" send to Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Peter go incognito to complete his education?
2. Peter won over the Patriarch, threatened to kill any who opposed him, and then commanded all foreign officers to do what?
3. Tsar Alexis is described as what type of ruler?
4. After his mother died, Peter returned to Archangel, launched a ship, almost drowned on another, and took delivery and command of a warship built where?
5. As many fundamentalists rallied behind Archpriest Avvakum, where did others populate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What battle did Peter decide to engage in at age 22?
2. Why was it Russia appeared to have significantly deteriorated in comparison to Sweden in the spring of 1720?
3. Who was Russia's Fedor Golovin?
4. What sequence transpired that resulted in Peter coming to power?
5. How did the author describe London in the era Peter visited?
6. Why was Peter unsuccessful in gaining an ally against the Turks when he met Leopold I?
7. What were some of the problems Peter found taking place in the shipyards at Voronezh when he returned from his Embassy tour?
8. What were some examples that reflected how seventeenth century European wars, despite deadliness and scope that steadily grew, still retained obedience of rules?
9. What took place for Peter on his initial trip to Archangel in 1693?
10. Why was Peter anxious to meet King William of England in Holland?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)