|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Charles XII launch his surprise campaign against Narva?
2. Sophia surveyed the plight of women in 17th-century Russia and ______________in particular.
(a) Peasant women.
(b) Women serfs.
(c) Female students, housed in a school "terem."
(d) Royal sisters.
3. During what year did Muscovy's soldiers believe Sophia's rumors of treachery?
4. When was Peter born?
(a) April 30, 1672.
(b) August 30, 1672.
(c) June 30, 1672.
(d) May 30, 1672.
5. What observation could be made about Peter given that he enjoyed Mock-Synod celebrations at Christmas and before Lent, stood with troops rather than the Patriarch at Epiphany when the Moscow River is blessed, and ended executions with bodies being buried as Lent begins?
(a) Peter's moods swang unpredictably.
(b) Peter's actions were predictable.
(c) Peter's reasoning was systematic.
(d) Peter's exploits were well thought out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend did Peter bury In March, 1699?
2. Peter dealt grimly with the Streltsy after they marched _____________ to replace the absent Tsar.
3. Which two carousing groups did Peter form that convinced many he was the Antichrist?
4. Who was the King of Poland that Peter met en route home?
5. Peter failed in his efforts with Leopold I to gain an ally against the Turks, as Austria was seeking peace in anticipation of new warfare in _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sophia became regent, what immediate test did she face?
2. What were Peter's distinguishing physical characteristics when he was age 22?
3. How did Sophia attempt to ensure that her brief state of thriving during Fedor's time continued following his death?
4. What was the youth of Charles XII of Sweden like?
5. How did the author describe London in the era Peter visited?
6. How was Sophia overthrown?
7. What were some examples that reflected how seventeenth century European wars, despite deadliness and scope that steadily grew, still retained obedience of rules?
8. What sequence transpired that resulted in Peter coming to power?
9. What were some of the problems Peter found taking place in the shipyards at Voronezh when he returned from his Embassy tour?
10. Peter ventured into Holland with his Great Embassy for what purpose?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)