|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter was careful to wander, survey, and practice all that he saw Western technology and science reveal, and he dedicated himself to ____________.
(a) Using the same to conquer the West.
(b) Achieving the same in Russia.
(c) Advancing international well-being.
(d) Using the same to conquer Sweden.
2. After his mother died, Peter returned to Archangel, launched a ship, almost drowned on another, and took delivery and command of a warship built where?
3. What happened to Peter's great fleet when he sent an envoy on the first Russian warship to enter the Black Sea?
(a) Engaged in future warfare service.
(b) Sold, leaving sailors to march back.
(c) Relinquished as part of the truce.
(d) Rotted unused for lack of purpose.
4. What did the author note Peter seemed to identify as the key while he embarked on his "Great Embassy" travels?
(a) International mercantilism.
(b) Civil acceptance.
(c) Religious tolerance.
(d) Naval dominance.
5. Chapter 1 described Moscow in what period?
(a) The 1650s.
(b) The 1680s.
(c) The 1670s.
(d) The 1660s.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Great Embassy" member in Russia felt that Europeans who embraced music, art, literature, and science were _________.
2. Chapter 15 reflected William III, simultaneously King of England and Stadholder of Holland, as __________.
3. Which two carousing groups did Peter form that convinced many he was the Antichrist?
4. Eudoxia Lopukhina bore Peter __________ before they were estranged.
5. Peter could be easily identified and thronged until he was set up securely in which dockyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Peter select the location he did for St. Petersburg?
2. Who did Peter meet when his Embassy came to an end unexpectedly, and he headed home?
3. How was Sophia overthrown?
4. What intentional humiliations did former elite troops that comprised old Muscovite armies sustain following Sophia's downfall?
5. What were Peter's distinguishing physical characteristics when he was age 22?
6. What were some examples that reflected how seventeenth century European wars, despite deadliness and scope that steadily grew, still retained obedience of rules?
7. According to Chapter 9, what did Peter find in the German Suburb?
8. Peter ventured into Holland with his Great Embassy for what purpose?
9. What battle did Peter decide to engage in at age 22?
10. What was the astonishing test Peter applied to the welcome which noblemen offered him when he returned from the Great Embassy tour?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)