|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Peter build an outpost that grew into the Kronstadt naval base?
(a) Gotland Island.
(b) Kotlin Island.
(c) Wolin Island.
(d) Bornholm Island.
2. Peter dealt harshly with robbers and beggars, especially ones who ________________.
(a) Threatened foreigners.
(b) Threatened children.
(c) Threatened the ill or handicapped.
(d) Threatened women.
3. Seventeenth century European wars were shown to be steadily growing in deadliness and scope, yet what rules were they still obeying?
(a) Use of catapults, horses, caissons.
(b) Seasonal campaigning.
(c) Afternoon tea sessions.
(d) Use of shields, swords, spears.
4. William III was not ready when he met Peter during the "Great Embassy" to ally against which group?
5. Peter was shown in Chapter 6 as having preferred activities out of the way at _______________.
(a) Pavlovsky Posad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend did Peter bury In March, 1699?
2. Peter himself went incognito among the 250-member staff as whom?
3. How long did Peter work at the Dutch company to learn his trade?
4. When did Charles XII launch his surprise campaign against Narva?
5. Why did Peter go incognito to complete his education?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Peter meet when his Embassy came to an end unexpectedly, and he headed home?
2. How did King William find Peter shortly following his arrival in London?
3. Why did Peter's Great Embassy amaze his countrymen?
4. How did Sophia attempt to ensure that her brief state of thriving during Fedor's time continued following his death?
5. Why did Peter select the location he did for St. Petersburg?
6. What were Peter's distinguishing physical characteristics when he was age 22?
7. What sequence transpired that resulted in Peter coming to power?
8. What was the astonishing test Peter applied to the welcome which noblemen offered him when he returned from the Great Embassy tour?
9. How was Sophia overthrown?
10. What were some examples that reflected how seventeenth century European wars, despite deadliness and scope that steadily grew, still retained obedience of rules?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)