|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the King of Poland that Peter met en route home?
(b) Augustus II.
(c) Augustus I.
(d) Heinrich I.
2. Peter's passion for sailing began when he and his tutor found, refurbished, and took a boat out on what lake?
3. In Chapter 25, Peter attacked a 13th-century Estonian seaport fortress that was defended by how many men?
4. In Chapter 3, who was Sophia?
5. The Streltsy mobilized against rumors that Peter would kill whom in Chapter 8?
(a) Prince Golitsyn, Ivan.
(b) Sophia, Prince Golitsyn.
(c) Sophia, Eudoxia.
(d) Ivan, Sophia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was William III doing in Holland when the "Great Embassy" arrived?
2. After serfs and peasants were drafted by the thousands for unskilled shipbuilding labor, what work moved swiftly despite what?
3. The new army under Sheremetev used artillery rebuilt from scratch using melted down iron from _______.
4. The foes that surrounded Orthodox Russia included Sweden, Poland, the Ottoman Empire, and which other enemy?
5. In Chapter 7, Sophia installed new cohorts including her lover, Prince Vasily Golitsyn, and which others?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 9, what did Peter find in the German Suburb?
2. What were some examples that reflected how seventeenth century European wars, despite deadliness and scope that steadily grew, still retained obedience of rules?
3. When he came to power, what was the confrontation Charles XII faced with Peter?
4. What activities did Peter prefer to state ceremonies during Sophia's reign?
5. What was Peter's key to power in Russia during the initial half of his life?
6. What were some ways Peter treated Anna Mons differently after he returned from his Great Embassy tour?
7. How did the author describe London in the era Peter visited?
8. Who did Peter meet when his Embassy came to an end unexpectedly, and he headed home?
9. What was Moscow like in Peter's youth?
10. What sequence transpired that resulted in Peter coming to power?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)