|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Sophia installed new cohorts including her lover, Prince Vasily Golitsyn, and which others?
(a) Chief advisor, principle minister.
(b) Financial advisor, religious minister.
(c) Prime minister, cultural counselor.
(d) Defense minister, political advisor.
2. During the period when Peter built a warship, endangered himself with war games and fireworks, and ignored the Kremlin, what almost took his life?
(b) Yellow fever.
3. Which friend did Peter bury In March, 1699?
4. What observation could be made about Peter given that he enjoyed Mock-Synod celebrations at Christmas and before Lent, stood with troops rather than the Patriarch at Epiphany when the Moscow River is blessed, and ended executions with bodies being buried as Lent begins?
(a) Peter's actions were predictable.
(b) Peter's reasoning was systematic.
(c) Peter's exploits were well thought out.
(d) Peter's moods swang unpredictably.
5. In Chapter 9, Peter was shown enjoying his freedom for how many more years?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kept order as Peter embarked on the "Great Embassy"?
2. What happened to Peter's great fleet when he sent an envoy on the first Russian warship to enter the Black Sea?
3. Peter was shown in Chapter 6 as having preferred activities out of the way at _______________.
4. Peter's passion for sailing began when he and his tutor found, refurbished, and took a boat out on what lake?
5. Peter evaded an anti-Swedish alliance in Prussia to concentrate on whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Moscow like in Peter's youth?
2. What battle did Peter decide to engage in at age 22?
3. How did the author describe London in the era Peter visited?
4. Why did Peter's Great Embassy amaze his countrymen?
5. What activities did Peter prefer to state ceremonies during Sophia's reign?
6. What intentional humiliations did former elite troops that comprised old Muscovite armies sustain following Sophia's downfall?
7. What was Peter's key to power in Russia during the initial half of his life?
8. Who did Peter meet when his Embassy came to an end unexpectedly, and he headed home?
9. What did Peter initially state was his aim in attacking Sweden in the Great Northern War?
10. What sequence transpired that resulted in Peter coming to power?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)