|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Peter lose his father?
2. Which friend did Peter bury In March, 1699?
3. After his mother died, Peter returned to Archangel, launched a ship, almost drowned on another, and took delivery and command of a warship built where?
4. During the period when Peter built a warship, endangered himself with war games and fireworks, and ignored the Kremlin, what almost took his life?
(c) Yellow fever.
5. What happened to Sophia after her inner circle was tortured and Peter refused to see her?
(a) She was sent for life to Novodevichy Convent.
(b) She was banished to Golitsyn's place of exile.
(c) She was forced to see the torture and execution of her inner circle.
(d) She was executed.
Short Answer Questions
1. The King of Poland convinced Peter to undertake a joint war against which nation?
2. What were some ways Peter broke tradition beyond freeing himself of Eudoxia, shaving nobles' beards, and using decorations in lieu of land as rewards?
3. While he maintained his devotion to Orthodoxy, Peter investigated Anglicanism and was fascinated by which denomination?
4. What title of Chapter 19 encapsulated Russian punishment methods?
5. During what year did Muscovy's soldiers believe Sophia's rumors of treachery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sophia attempt to ensure that her brief state of thriving during Fedor's time continued following his death?
2. How did the author describe London in the era Peter visited?
3. What was Moscow like in Peter's youth?
4. What was the astonishing test Peter applied to the welcome which noblemen offered him when he returned from the Great Embassy tour?
5. Who was Russia's Fedor Golovin?
6. What did Peter initially state was his aim in attacking Sweden in the Great Northern War?
7. What were some ways Peter treated Anna Mons differently after he returned from his Great Embassy tour?
8. Why did Peter's Great Embassy amaze his countrymen?
9. Why did Peter select the location he did for St. Petersburg?
10. What was Peter's response following his initial defeat against Charles XII?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)