Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take to build the Fortress of St. Peter and St. Paul by hand?
(a) Fifteen months.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Twenty months.
2. What were some ways Peter broke tradition beyond freeing himself of Eudoxia, shaving nobles' beards, and using decorations in lieu of land as rewards?
(a) Reforming Russian feudal system.
(b) Reforming the calendar and currency.
(c) Offering land in exchange for military service.
(d) Affording peasants, not serfs, voting rights.
3. Peter's passion for sailing began when he and his tutor found, refurbished, and took a boat out on what lake?
4. What observation could be made about Peter given that he enjoyed Mock-Synod celebrations at Christmas and before Lent, stood with troops rather than the Patriarch at Epiphany when the Moscow River is blessed, and ended executions with bodies being buried as Lent begins?
(a) Peter's actions were predictable.
(b) Peter's reasoning was systematic.
(c) Peter's exploits were well thought out.
(d) Peter's moods swang unpredictably.
5. Which friend did Peter bury In March, 1699?
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederick of Denmark dropped out of the conflict following what?
2. The "Great Embassy" ended abruptly before a trip to ________________because word came that the Streltsy were rebelling?
3. How long did Peter send the "Great Embassy" to Europe to recruit and study?
4. When was Peter born?
5. Which nations sided with Charles XII against Denmark to keep the European political status quo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What activities did Peter prefer to state ceremonies during Sophia's reign?
2. Peter approached matters of religion in what manner?
3. What was there to describe as Russian industry prior to Peter's time?
4. When he came to power, what was the confrontation Charles XII faced with Peter?
5. According to Chapter 36, how confident did Charles XII feel in early April ?
6. What was Peter's key to power in Russia during the initial half of his life?
7. What did Charles XII and his advance regiments find upon arrival at Baturin on November 11?
8. What did Alexis do on the evening of November 10, 1716?
9. Why was Peter anxious to meet King William of England in Holland?
10. What was the astonishing test Peter applied to the welcome which noblemen offered him when he returned from the Great Embassy tour?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)