|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Peter work at the Dutch company to learn his trade?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
2. How did Sophia use Fedor's funeral to break tradition?
(a) Mourned, chanted publicly.
(b) Mourned, cried publicly.
(c) Mourned, prayed privately.
(d) Mourned, raged publicly.
3. Where did Peter build an outpost that grew into the Kronstadt naval base?
(a) Bornholm Island.
(b) Gotland Island.
(c) Kotlin Island.
(d) Wolin Island.
4. Charles XII broke traditions, proved rash in using disciplined troops, and forced battles. How long did it take for Russia to stand up to him?
(a) Several decades.
5. Peter was shown in Chapter 6 as having preferred activities out of the way at _______________.
(a) Pavlovsky Posad.
Short Answer Questions
1. The "Great Embassy" was led by Lefort, two key diplomats, and ____________.
2. Peter won over the Patriarch, threatened to kill any who opposed him, and then commanded all foreign officers to do what?
3. Which friend did Peter bury In March, 1699?
4. Chapter 1 described Moscow in what period?
5. Peter was humiliated across Europe when Swedes broke through what type of defenses that the Russians built at Narva?
Short Essay Questions
1. What intentional humiliations did former elite troops that comprised old Muscovite armies sustain following Sophia's downfall?
2. According to Chapter 9, what did Peter find in the German Suburb?
3. What was the astonishing test Peter applied to the welcome which noblemen offered him when he returned from the Great Embassy tour?
4. What was Moscow like in Peter's youth?
5. Why was Peter unsuccessful in gaining an ally against the Turks when he met Leopold I?
6. How did King William find Peter shortly following his arrival in London?
7. When Sophia became regent, what immediate test did she face?
8. What sequence transpired that resulted in Peter coming to power?
9. What took place for Peter on his initial trip to Archangel in 1693?
10. What activities did Peter prefer to state ceremonies during Sophia's reign?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)