|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was William III doing in Holland when the "Great Embassy" arrived?
(a) Concluding one war, preparing for another,
(b) Preparing for a war abroad,
(c) Conducting two wars simultaneously.
(d) Concluding two separate wars,
2. During what year did Muscovy's soldiers believe Sophia's rumors of treachery?
3. Peter could be easily identified and thronged until he was set up securely in which dockyard?
(a) Rotterdam Naval Shipyard.
(b) East India Company.
(c) Netherlands Nautical, Ltd.
(d) Amserdam Shipping Company.
4. Sophia surveyed the plight of women in 17th-century Russia and ______________in particular.
(a) Royal sisters.
(b) Female students, housed in a school "terem."
(c) Women serfs.
(d) Peasant women.
5. Tsar Alexis is described as what type of ruler?
Short Answer Questions
1. Leopold I promised not to relinquish gains Peter made at Azov, but he offered no assistance in gaining entry to which sea?
2. Chapter 5 provided background on the "Old Believers" revolt against ritual reforms in the church that dated from ___________.
3. After serfs and peasants were drafted by the thousands for unskilled shipbuilding labor, what work moved swiftly despite what?
4. Since Peter needed a more systematic approach to naval concerns, he visited England. How long was he in England?
5. Peter was shown in Chapter 6 as having preferred activities out of the way at _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What activities did Peter prefer to state ceremonies during Sophia's reign?
2. What was Peter's key to power in Russia during the initial half of his life?
3. Why was Peter unsuccessful in gaining an ally against the Turks when he met Leopold I?
4. Why did Peter select the location he did for St. Petersburg?
5. What were Peter's distinguishing physical characteristics when he was age 22?
6. What were some ways Peter treated Anna Mons differently after he returned from his Great Embassy tour?
7. When Sophia became regent, what immediate test did she face?
8. What took place for Peter on his initial trip to Archangel in 1693?
9. What were some of the problems Peter found taking place in the shipyards at Voronezh when he returned from his Embassy tour?
10. Peter ventured into Holland with his Great Embassy for what purpose?
This section contains 1,172 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)