|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha Skavronskaya, a peasant girl Sheremetev captured, later became Peter's wife and successor as _________.
(a) Catherine II.
(b) Martha II.
(c) Catherine I.
(d) Martha I.
2. Peter failed in his efforts with Leopold I to gain an ally against the Turks, as Austria was seeking peace in anticipation of new warfare in _____________.
(a) The North.
(b) The South.
(c) The West.
(d) The East.
3. From Voronezh where he displayed power and obtained a treaty with the Turks when Baltic fighting started, Peter set out to reclaim what?
(a) Livonia, Ingria.
(b) Estonia, Karelia.
(c) Estonia, Livonia.
(d) Karelia, Ingria.
4. When was Peter born?
(a) June 30, 1672.
(b) April 30, 1672.
(c) August 30, 1672.
(d) May 30, 1672.
5. Why did Peter go incognito to complete his education?
(a) For fear of attack.
(b) To escape possible ridicule.
(c) To avoid the hated ceremony.
(d) To gain military intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was William III doing in Holland when the "Great Embassy" arrived?
2. How did Sophia use Fedor's funeral to break tradition?
3. How long did it take to build the Fortress of St. Peter and St. Paul by hand?
4. How many Dutch specialists and officers did the "Great Embassy" send to Russia?
5. Tsar Alexis is described as what type of ruler?
Short Essay Questions
1. What took place for Peter on his initial trip to Archangel in 1693?
2. When he came to power, what was the confrontation Charles XII faced with Peter?
3. Who was Russia's Fedor Golovin?
4. Why did Peter select the location he did for St. Petersburg?
5. What was Moscow like in Peter's youth?
6. How was Sophia overthrown?
7. According to Chapter 9, what did Peter find in the German Suburb?
8. What were some ways Peter treated Anna Mons differently after he returned from his Great Embassy tour?
9. What battle did Peter decide to engage in at age 22?
10. Who did Peter meet when his Embassy came to an end unexpectedly, and he headed home?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)