|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Peter use to assess the plot and rid himself of the menace?
2. When did Charles XII launch his surprise campaign against Narva?
3. Tsar Alexis is described as what type of ruler?
4. During the period when Peter built a warship, endangered himself with war games and fireworks, and ignored the Kremlin, what almost took his life?
(b) Yellow fever.
5. Why did Peter go incognito to complete his education?
(a) To gain military intelligence.
(b) To escape possible ridicule.
(c) To avoid the hated ceremony.
(d) For fear of attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter was careful to wander, survey, and practice all that he saw Western technology and science reveal, and he dedicated himself to ____________.
2. Chapter 5 provided background on the "Old Believers" revolt against ritual reforms in the church that dated from ___________.
3. The new army under Sheremetev used artillery rebuilt from scratch using melted down iron from _______.
4. The Streltsy mobilized against rumors that Peter would kill whom in Chapter 8?
5. Sieges were preferred to open-field battle and frequently ended in what manner?
Short Essay Questions
1. St. Petersburg came about in what fashion?
2. What battle did Peter decide to engage in at age 22?
3. How did King William find Peter shortly following his arrival in London?
4. What were some ways Peter's second historic journey into the West differed from his first?
5. What did Alexis do on the evening of November 10, 1716?
6. What was Moscow like in Peter's youth?
7. What was there to describe as Russian industry prior to Peter's time?
8. How did Peter compare with his son, Alexis?
9. What sort of effect did the arrival of Charles XII in Germany have?
10. Describe Peter II's rule following Catherine's death.
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)