|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As many fundamentalists rallied behind Archpriest Avvakum, where did others populate?
(a) The far west.
(b) The far north.
(c) The far east.
(d) The far south.
2. What was the result of Golitsyn's encounter with the Khan of the Crimea?
(a) One failed campaign.
(b) One failed and one victorious campaigns.
(c) One victorious campaign.
(d) Two failed campaigns.
3. "Great Embassy" member in Russia felt that Europeans who embraced music, art, literature, and science were _________.
4. In Chapter 3, who was Sophia?
5. What happened to Peter's great fleet when he sent an envoy on the first Russian warship to enter the Black Sea?
(a) Sold, leaving sailors to march back.
(b) Engaged in future warfare service.
(c) Rotted unused for lack of purpose.
(d) Relinquished as part of the truce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter was concerned by the loss at Narva, but he spared nothing to outfit and train his new army under whom?
2. The "Great Embassy" was led by Lefort, two key diplomats, and ____________.
3. Upset by Sophia, whom did the boyars rally around?
4. Eudoxia Lopukhina bore Peter __________ before they were estranged.
5. How long did Peter work at the Dutch company to learn his trade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Peter anxious to meet King William of England in Holland?
2. Peter ventured into Holland with his Great Embassy for what purpose?
3. What was Peter's key to power in Russia during the initial half of his life?
4. What was Peter's response following his initial defeat against Charles XII?
5. What significant affairs transpired during Sophia's reign?
6. What were some of the problems Peter found taking place in the shipyards at Voronezh when he returned from his Embassy tour?
7. What activities did Peter prefer to state ceremonies during Sophia's reign?
8. What was Moscow like in Peter's youth?
9. What were some ways Peter treated Anna Mons differently after he returned from his Great Embassy tour?
10. Why did Peter select the location he did for St. Petersburg?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)