|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author note Peter seemed to identify as the key while he embarked on his "Great Embassy" travels?
(a) Religious tolerance.
(b) International mercantilism.
(c) Naval dominance.
(d) Civil acceptance.
2. As many fundamentalists rallied behind Archpriest Avvakum, where did others populate?
(a) The far south.
(b) The far east.
(c) The far west.
(d) The far north.
3. For how many years was Anna Mons the mistress of Peter?
4. Who kept order as Peter embarked on the "Great Embassy"?
5. Peter dealt harshly with robbers and beggars, especially ones who ________________.
(a) Threatened foreigners.
(b) Threatened women.
(c) Threatened the ill or handicapped.
(d) Threatened children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the King of Poland that Peter met en route home?
2. How many Dutch specialists and officers did the "Great Embassy" send to Russia?
3. Chapter 20 drew heavily on accounts by an Austrian named ______________________who depicts Peter partying as the events in the previous chapters unfold.
4. When did Charles XII launch his surprise campaign against Narva?
5. Where did Peter build an outpost that grew into the Kronstadt naval base?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did King William find Peter shortly following his arrival in London?
2. Why did Peter select the location he did for St. Petersburg?
3. What were Peter's distinguishing physical characteristics when he was age 22?
4. How did Sophia attempt to ensure that her brief state of thriving during Fedor's time continued following his death?
5. When he came to power, what was the confrontation Charles XII faced with Peter?
6. When Sophia became regent, what immediate test did she face?
7. Peter ventured into Holland with his Great Embassy for what purpose?
8. Why was Peter anxious to meet King William of England in Holland?
9. What took place for Peter on his initial trip to Archangel in 1693?
10. According to Chapter 9, what did Peter find in the German Suburb?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)