|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 15 reflected William III, simultaneously King of England and Stadholder of Holland, as __________.
(a) Sovereign Prince of Champagne-Ardenne,
(b) Sovereign Prince of Bordeaux,
(c) Sovereign Prince of Buckingham,
(d) Sovereign Prince of Orange,
2. Seventeenth century European wars were shown to be steadily growing in deadliness and scope, yet what rules were they still obeying?
(a) Use of catapults, horses, caissons.
(b) Afternoon tea sessions.
(c) Use of shields, swords, spears.
(d) Seasonal campaigning.
3. Whom did Peter tax after his eventual triumph at Azov?
(a) Merchants, landowners.
(b) Landowners, commoners.
(c) The church, merchants.
(d) Landowners, the church.
4. When Ivan and Peter were crowned as co-tsars, Sophia took over as __________.
5. Where did Peter build an outpost that grew into the Kronstadt naval base?
(a) Kotlin Island.
(b) Gotland Island.
(c) Bornholm Island.
(d) Wolin Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 5 provided background on the "Old Believers" revolt against ritual reforms in the church that dated from ___________.
2. What did Peter use to assess the plot and rid himself of the menace?
3. Leopold I promised not to relinquish gains Peter made at Azov, but he offered no assistance in gaining entry to which sea?
4. In Chapter 9, Peter was shown enjoying his freedom for how many more years?
5. "Great Embassy" member in Russia felt that Europeans who embraced music, art, literature, and science were _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the youth of Charles XII of Sweden like?
2. What were Peter's distinguishing physical characteristics when he was age 22?
3. Why did Peter select the location he did for St. Petersburg?
4. How did Sophia attempt to ensure that her brief state of thriving during Fedor's time continued following his death?
5. Why did Peter's Great Embassy amaze his countrymen?
6. Who was Russia's Fedor Golovin?
7. Who did Peter meet when his Embassy came to an end unexpectedly, and he headed home?
8. How did King William find Peter shortly following his arrival in London?
9. What was Moscow like in Peter's youth?
10. According to Chapter 9, what did Peter find in the German Suburb?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)