|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 45 showed Charles XII held in Adrianople for how long while Turkey and Russia concluded peace?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Sixteen months.
(d) Twenty months.
2. Largely due to Peter Tolstoy's diplomacy, which group remained out of the Northern War?
3. Whom did Peter's son Alexis marry in Chapter 43?
(a) Princess Champagne.
(b) Princess Cecilia.
(c) Princess Chevelle.
(d) Princess Charlotte.
4. Who told Alexis that surrendering was his only way of marrying Afrosina?
(a) Ivan Tsykler.
(b) Jacob Turgenev.
(c) Franz Timmermann.
(d) Peter Tolstoy.
5. On which bank did Peter's and others' mansions rise?
6. Peter was heading home via which city when he met Prussia's King Frederick I and his son Frederick William?
7. In Chapter 51, Peter came home to handle a governmental mess and confront Tsarevich Alexis about his _________.
(a) Future parental responsibility.
(b) Future marital responsibility.
(c) Future monarchical responsibility.
(d) Future religious responsibility.
8. Chapter 37 described a clash that was most effective because of Rehnskjold's failure to share what with fellow generals?
(a) Food supplies.
(b) Battle plans.
9. What transpired after a broken Alexis was condemned to death?
(a) Escaped custody, returned to exile.
(b) Publicly admitted guilt, was forgiven.
(c) Sentence commuted, exiled to monastery.
(d) Died before sentence is administered.
10. Charles XII hoped to ally with Hetman Mazeppa, the Cossack who had been waiting for an opportunity to win independence for ___________.
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Forty years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Ten years.
11. How old was Peter Petrovich when he was named heir?
12. In what location were Alexis and Afrosinia initially hidden by Emperor Charles VI?
13. Chapter 36 brought spring's oppressive heat, but Charles XII rejected what at this point?
(a) His officer's call to retreat.
(b) A peace feeler.
(c) His officer's call to surrender.
(d) His troops' call to flee.
14. Despite people's pleas, Charles XII vowed to make which group join him or face annihilation?
(a) Western Pomeranians.
15. Catherine first married Peter quietly in _______, and later, with full pomp in ________.
(a) 1705, 1706.
(b) 1709, 1710.
(c) 1707, 1708.
(d) 1711, 1712.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being cornered, what areas did Peter abandon that resulted in his survival and making peace with Charles XII?
2. Peter's meddling with Ahmed's restive subjects in ______was covered in Chapter 41.
3. What title of Chapter 39 reflected the celebration of deliverance and foreign capitals that offered dynastic marriages and treaties?
4. The fifty blows mentioned in the title of Chapter 42 were only half the number Peter deserved for risking capture at what location?
5. In what year did Martha Skavronskaya, Peter's wife, begin bearing his children?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)