|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine first married Peter quietly in _______, and later, with full pomp in ________.
(a) 1705, 1706.
(b) 1709, 1710.
(c) 1711, 1712.
(d) 1707, 1708.
2. Protestants sought to keep Charles XII apart from whom?
(a) Augusus II.
(b) Leopold I.
(d) Louis XIV.
3. Despite people's pleas, Charles XII vowed to make which group join him or face annihilation?
(b) Western Pomeranians.
4. After being cornered, what areas did Peter abandon that resulted in his survival and making peace with Charles XII?
(a) Azov, Poland, Slovakia.
(b) Poland, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
(c) Azov, Poland, Tagonrog.
(d) Azov, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
5. Following his stay in Adrianople, where did Charles XII race?
(a) To Pollnow.
(b) To Plath.
(c) To Pomerania.
(d) To Pyntz.
6. The fifty blows mentioned in the title of Chapter 42 were only half the number Peter deserved for risking capture at what location?
(a) Fortress Pruth.
(b) Frigate Pruth.
(c) City of Pruth.
(d) Pruth River.
7. In what year did Martha Skavronskaya, Peter's wife, begin bearing his children?
8. Where did Charles XII flee as Peter made his first disciplined infantry launch?
(a) Tatar asylum.
(b) Cossack asylum.
(c) Catholic asylum.
(d) Royal asylum.
9. Russia captured Riga and _________.
10. In Chapter 33, some 35,000 Swedes were against 57,500 Russians, with how many reinforcements respectively?
(a) 110,000, 70,000.
(b) 50,000, 90,000.
(c) 30,000, 70,000.
(d) 70,000, 110,000.
11. Chapter 37 described a clash that was most effective because of Rehnskjold's failure to share what with fellow generals?
(a) Battle plans.
(b) Food supplies.
12. What title of Chapter 39 reflected the celebration of deliverance and foreign capitals that offered dynastic marriages and treaties?
(a) "The Fruits of Pryluky."
(b) "The Fruits of Perechyn."
(c) "The Fruits of Poltava."
(d) "The Fruits of Pervomaisk."
13. Who died in 1715 after giving birth to Peter, a son?
14. Peter had ten redoubts built in what formation, that slowed enemy attacks?
15. Charles XII was impatient, but a competent Russian attack surprised him when he crossed which waterway?
(a) Vistula River.
(b) Dnieper River.
(c) Pripet River.
(d) Dvina River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the French monarch's age, who served as Regent for Louis XV?
2. Peter conquered coastal Finland, invaded the Aland Islands, and seized how many ships off Cape Hangö in one summer?
3. After how long did Peter bid the Regent and King farewell?
4. Peter was heading home via which city when he met Prussia's King Frederick I and his son Frederick William?
5. When Peter ordered the fortress at Grodno abandoned, Charles XII was freed to invade what region?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)