Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. England's William I, who had sent the fleet each summer to advance Hanover's interests, reversed alliances for what reason?
(a) To thwart Russian mastery of the Caspian.
(b) To thwart Russian mastery of the Barents.
(c) To thwart Russian mastery of the Baltic.
(d) To thwart Russian mastery of the Bothnia.
2. On which bank did Peter's and others' mansions rise?
3. Avoiding open warfare in Poland, where did the Russians retreat to?
4. Due to the French monarch's age, who served as Regent for Louis XV?
(a) Philippe, Duc d'Orléans.
(b) Abbé Guillaume Duboi.
(c) Anthony Devier.
(d) Charles Eugene, Duc Du Croy.
5. According to Chapter 50, what had Peter been oblivious to and curious about before Paris in 1717?
(a) Oblivious to resplendence, curious about theater.
(b) Oblivious to majesty, curious about everything.
(c) Oblivious to pomp, curious about museums.
(d) Oblivious to grandeur, curious about architecture.
6. Alexis was formally denounced, yet was promised forgiveness on what condition?
(a) He would undertake military training.
(b) He would name accomplices.
(c) He would publicly beg forgiveness.
(d) He would publicly weep.
7. Charles XII went home to Sweden only after he took Danish RÃ¼gen. How many years had passed?
8. Where did Charles XII flee as Peter made his first disciplined infantry launch?
(a) Cossack asylum.
(b) Catholic asylum.
(c) Tatar asylum.
(d) Royal asylum.
9. Peter was shown in Chapter 29 as an autocrat over the vast country which he divided into how many governorships?
10. When Peter found evidence of Alexis' whereabouts, where did Charles VI move Alexis?
11. Who told Alexis that surrendering was his only way of marrying Afrosina?
(a) Peter Tolstoy.
(b) Ivan Tsykler.
(c) Franz Timmermann.
(d) Jacob Turgenev.
12. Russia captured Riga and _________.
13. Catherine first married Peter quietly in _______, and later, with full pomp in ________.
(a) 1711, 1712.
(b) 1705, 1706.
(c) 1709, 1710.
(d) 1707, 1708.
14. After how long did Peter bid the Regent and King farewell?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) Eight weeks.
15. How was Louis XV related to Louis XIV?
(c) Great grandson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only individual who stood by Peter against William I?
2. Peter's meddling with Ahmed's restive subjects in ______was covered in Chapter 41.
3. Peter had ten redoubts built in what formation, that slowed enemy attacks?
4. Which Councillor of State controlled French foreign policy because of the age of Louis XV?
5. Chapter 46 examined the rapid growth of St. Petersburg following what year?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)