|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. General Lewenhaupt was sent for a massive quantity of supplies, but his effort bogged down and cost the campaign of Charles XII how much time?
(b) Nearly a year.
2. On which bank did Peter's and others' mansions rise?
3. After being cornered, what areas did Peter abandon that resulted in his survival and making peace with Charles XII?
(a) Azov, Poland, Tagonrog.
(b) Azov, Poland, Slovakia.
(c) Azov, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
(d) Poland, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
4. Peter was able to launch a disciplined infantry line which enveloped ________/
(a) Fleeing Swedes.
(b) Counter-striking Swedes.
(c) Retreating Swedes.
(d) Charging Swedes.
5. What title of Chapter 39 reflected the celebration of deliverance and foreign capitals that offered dynastic marriages and treaties?
(a) "The Fruits of Perechyn."
(b) "The Fruits of Pervomaisk."
(c) "The Fruits of Poltava."
(d) "The Fruits of Pryluky."
6. In Chapter 51, Peter came home to handle a governmental mess and confront Tsarevich Alexis about his _________.
(a) Future marital responsibility.
(b) Future monarchical responsibility.
(c) Future religious responsibility.
(d) Future parental responsibility.
7. Upon meeting King Louis XV, Peter shocked the French by lifting him up and ___________.
(a) Tossing, catching him.
(b) Hugging, kissing him.
(c) Tickling, singing to him.
(d) Holding, giving piggy-back rides.
8. How old was Peter Petrovich when he was named heir?
9. While his people yearned for peace, Charles XII drafted new troops, raised taxes, and was aided by Baron Georg Heinrich von Goertz in becoming what?
(a) His brain but not his voice.
(b) Both his voice and brain.
(c) His voice if not his brain.
(d) Support, but not his brain.
10. Peter's westward travels in 1716-1717 had the following three goals: to recover his health, to attend his niece's wedding, and to __________.
(a) Boost allies' support of the invasion of Sweden.
(b) Boost allies' support of the invasion of England.
(c) Boost allies' support of the invasion of Spain.
(d) Boost allies' support of the invasion of Denmark.
11. Peter conquered coastal Finland, invaded the Aland Islands, and seized how many ships off Cape Hangö in one summer?
12. In Chapter 32, the Russians torched Poland to deny Charles provisions and bridges, and accomplish what else?
(a) Position cannons across rivers.
(b) Draft new forces.
(c) Insert blockades.
(d) Recruit additional forces.
13. Peter was heading home via which city when he met Prussia's King Frederick I and his son Frederick William?
14. Whom did Peter's son Alexis marry in Chapter 43?
(a) Princess Charlotte.
(b) Princess Champagne.
(c) Princess Chevelle.
(d) Princess Cecilia.
15. How soon after Goertz went to Charles XII about having negotiated with Norway without authorization did Charles die?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Four days.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter had ten redoubts built in what formation, that slowed enemy attacks?
2. Which new fleet did Peter use in Chapter 44?
3. Chapter 36 brought spring's oppressive heat, but Charles XII rejected what at this point?
4. Chapter 46 examined the rapid growth of St. Petersburg following what year?
5. After Charles XII was led into a trap, what did he and his troops lose?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)