|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seeking to restore old Moscow, Charles XII takes a direct thrust at Russia's heart rather than first restoring which sea?
(a) Dead Sea.
(b) Baltic Sea.
(c) Mediterranean Sea.
(d) Red Sea.
2. In what year did Martha Skavronskaya, Peter's wife, begin bearing his children?
3. In Chapter 38, the Swedes were entrapped, and they convinced Charles XII to flee to what territory?
(a) Polish territory.
(b) Lithuanian territory.
(c) Turkish territory.
(d) Slovakian territory.
4. Despite people's pleas, Charles XII vowed to make which group join him or face annihilation?
(c) Western Pomeranians.
5. What was Peter's view of his niece's marriage?
(a) Pleased him.
(b) Displeased him.
(c) No concern.
(d) Withheld judgment.
6. Peter had ten redoubts built in what formation, that slowed enemy attacks?
7. After how long did Peter bid the Regent and King farewell?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Ten weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Eight weeks.
8. Although Mazeppa had run into his arms, why was Charles XII desperate?
(a) He was deep in enemy territory, low on food and gunpowder.
(b) His troops wanted to surrender.
(c) His army was divided, low on food and medicine.
(d) He was surrounded, low on food and gunpowder.
9. Russia captured Riga and _________.
10. The rulers of which two Christian principalities secretly agreed to help in fighting Turkey?
(a) Moldavia, Walachia,
(b) Mongolia, Walachia,
(c) Lithuania, Moldavia.
(d) Mongolia, Lithuania.
11. Charles XII was impatient, but a competent Russian attack surprised him when he crossed which waterway?
(a) Dvina River.
(b) Pripet River.
(c) Vistula River.
(d) Dnieper River.
12. Charles XII went home to Sweden only after he took Danish Rügen. How many years had passed?
13. In Chapter 33, some 35,000 Swedes were against 57,500 Russians, with how many reinforcements respectively?
(a) 70,000, 110,000.
(b) 50,000, 90,000.
(c) 30,000, 70,000.
(d) 110,000, 70,000.
14. Peter's westward travels in 1716-1717 had the following three goals: to recover his health, to attend his niece's wedding, and to __________.
(a) Boost allies' support of the invasion of Denmark.
(b) Boost allies' support of the invasion of Spain.
(c) Boost allies' support of the invasion of England.
(d) Boost allies' support of the invasion of Sweden.
15. After being cornered, what areas did Peter abandon that resulted in his survival and making peace with Charles XII?
(a) Azov, Poland, Slovakia.
(b) Azov, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
(c) Poland, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
(d) Azov, Poland, Tagonrog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Louis XV related to Louis XIV?
2. Catherine first married Peter quietly in _______, and later, with full pomp in ________.
3. In what location were Alexis and Afrosinia initially hidden by Emperor Charles VI?
4. Chapter 35 showed the effects of which year's intense cold that gripped all of Europe?
5. Charles XII ordered the Poles to join him, hoping who would aid him?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)