|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Councillor of State controlled French foreign policy because of the age of Louis XV?
(a) Abbé Guillaume Dubois.
(b) Anthony Devier.
(c) Philippe, Duc d'Orléans.
(d) Charles Eugene, Duc Du Croy.
2. Where did Charles XII flee as Peter made his first disciplined infantry launch?
(a) Cossack asylum.
(b) Royal asylum.
(c) Catholic asylum.
(d) Tatar asylum.
3. Chapter 46 examined the rapid growth of St. Petersburg following what year?
4. In Chapter 33, some 35,000 Swedes were against 57,500 Russians, with how many reinforcements respectively?
(a) 50,000, 90,000.
(b) 70,000, 110,000.
(c) 30,000, 70,000.
(d) 110,000, 70,000.
5. What title of Chapter 39 reflected the celebration of deliverance and foreign capitals that offered dynastic marriages and treaties?
(a) "The Fruits of Pervomaisk."
(b) "The Fruits of Perechyn."
(c) "The Fruits of Poltava."
(d) "The Fruits of Pryluky."
6. While retaining the Baltic lands, what did Peter allow them to keep?
(a) Episcopalian culture.
(b) Lutheran culture.
(c) Catholic culture.
(d) Methodist culture.
7. From where did Peter seek a mediator or ally after determining that fanatical Charles XII was certain to invade Russia?
(a) Britain, Estonia, France, Ingria, Netherlands.
(b) Denmark, France, Livonia, Netherlands, Western Poland.
(c) Britain, Denmark, France, Netherlands, Prussia.
(d) Britain, Denmark, Finland, Karelia, Prussia.
8. Peter was able to launch a disciplined infantry line which enveloped ________/
(a) Charging Swedes.
(b) Fleeing Swedes.
(c) Counter-striking Swedes.
(d) Retreating Swedes.
9. After being cornered, what areas did Peter abandon that resulted in his survival and making peace with Charles XII?
(a) Azov, Poland, Tagonrog.
(b) Azov, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
(c) Poland, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
(d) Azov, Poland, Slovakia.
10. The rulers of which two Christian principalities secretly agreed to help in fighting Turkey?
(a) Mongolia, Walachia,
(b) Moldavia, Walachia,
(c) Mongolia, Lithuania.
(d) Lithuania, Moldavia.
11. Entering Peter's world through Lefort, how did Massie describe Alexander Menshikov in Chapter 28?
(a) Calculating, greedy, talented.
(b) Talented, greedy, dangerous.
(c) Fearless, edutated, dangerous.
(d) Educated, calculating, fearless.
12. After Charles XII was led into a trap, what did he and his troops lose?
(a) Warm quarters.
(b) Safe retreat.
(c) Dry gunpowder.
(d) Food rations.
13. In Chapter 38, the Swedes were entrapped, and they convinced Charles XII to flee to what territory?
(a) Polish territory.
(b) Lithuanian territory.
(c) Turkish territory.
(d) Slovakian territory.
14. On which bank did Peter's and others' mansions rise?
15. Peter in 1704 seized Narva and Dorpat to protect _______and restore the army's honor.
(b) St. Petersburg.
(c) .Nizhny Novgorod.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Alexis that surrendering was his only way of marrying Afrosina?
2. How old was Peter Petrovich when he was named heir?
3. Peter was shown in Chapter 29 as an autocrat over the vast country which he divided into how many governorships?
4. Peter was heading home via which city when he met Prussia's King Frederick I and his son Frederick William?
5. After how long did Peter bid the Regent and King farewell?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)