|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Protestants sought to keep Charles XII apart from whom?
(a) Augusus II.
(b) Leopold I.
(d) Louis XIV.
2. What title of Chapter 39 reflected the celebration of deliverance and foreign capitals that offered dynastic marriages and treaties?
(a) "The Fruits of Pervomaisk."
(b) "The Fruits of Poltava."
(c) "The Fruits of Pryluky."
(d) "The Fruits of Perechyn."
3. In Chapter 38, the Swedes were entrapped, and they convinced Charles XII to flee to what territory?
(a) Turkish territory.
(b) Lithuanian territory.
(c) Polish territory.
(d) Slovakian territory.
4. According to Chapter 29, what positive improvements were part of Peter's reign?
(a) Condition of elderly, medical developments, theater.
(b) Condition of foreigners, technical education, public housing.
(c) Condition of deformed infants, tax reform, theater.
(d) Condition of women, language education, a newspaper.
5. Despite people's pleas, Charles XII vowed to make which group join him or face annihilation?
(c) Western Pomeranians.
6. What injury lay Charles XII up nearly dead from infection?
(d) Horse fall.
7. Ulrika, the sister of Charles XII, assumed the throne and ordered Goertz beheaded, which left Sweden as a _________.
(b) Sovereign country.
(c) Vantage point.
(d) Stable power.
8. Which new fleet did Peter use in Chapter 44?
9. Seeking to restore old Moscow, Charles XII takes a direct thrust at Russia's heart rather than first restoring which sea?
(a) Dead Sea.
(b) Mediterranean Sea.
(c) Red Sea.
(d) Baltic Sea.
10. In Chapter 33, some 35,000 Swedes were against 57,500 Russians, with how many reinforcements respectively?
(a) 30,000, 70,000.
(b) 70,000, 110,000.
(c) 110,000, 70,000.
(d) 50,000, 90,000.
11. After how long did Peter bid the Regent and King farewell?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Eight weeks.
(d) Ten weeks.
12. Where did Alexis finally seek asylum after originally being ordered by Peter to go to Copenhagen?
13. Who died in 1715 after giving birth to Peter, a son?
14. Charles XII ordered the Poles to join him, hoping who would aid him?
(a) Zaporozhsky Tatars, Crimean Cossacks.
(b) Zaporozhsky and Crimean Cossacks.
(c) Zaporozhsky and Crimean Tatars.
(d) Zaporozhsky Cossacks, Crimean Tatars.
15. Chapter 46 examined the rapid growth of St. Petersburg following what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. While his people yearned for peace, Charles XII drafted new troops, raised taxes, and was aided by Baron Georg Heinrich von Goertz in becoming what?
2. Peter, unaware if St. Petersburg or Moscow was the goal of Charles XII, set for both and burned a swath how long from Smolensk to Pskov?
3. The rulers of which two Christian principalities secretly agreed to help in fighting Turkey?
4. Chapter 36 brought spring's oppressive heat, but Charles XII rejected what at this point?
5. From where did Peter seek a mediator or ally after determining that fanatical Charles XII was certain to invade Russia?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)