|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Peter found evidence of Alexis' whereabouts, where did Charles VI move Alexis?
2. Peter was shown in Chapter 29 as an autocrat over the vast country which he divided into how many governorships?
3. Peter's westward travels in 1716-1717 had the following three goals: to recover his health, to attend his niece's wedding, and to __________.
(a) Boost allies' support of the invasion of Spain.
(b) Boost allies' support of the invasion of Denmark.
(c) Boost allies' support of the invasion of Sweden.
(d) Boost allies' support of the invasion of England.
4. After Charles XII was led into a trap, what did he and his troops lose?
(a) Food rations.
(b) Warm quarters.
(c) Safe retreat.
(d) Dry gunpowder.
5. Avoiding open warfare in Poland, where did the Russians retreat to?
6. Russia captured Riga and _________.
7. After how long did Peter bid the Regent and King farewell?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
8. Following his stay in Adrianople, where did Charles XII race?
(a) To Plath.
(b) To Pyntz.
(c) To Pomerania.
(d) To Pollnow.
9. How old was Peter Petrovich when he was named heir?
10. Who told Alexis that surrendering was his only way of marrying Afrosina?
(a) Peter Tolstoy.
(b) Franz Timmermann.
(c) Jacob Turgenev.
(d) Ivan Tsykler.
11. What injury lay Charles XII up nearly dead from infection?
(b) Horse fall.
12. Peter was heading home via which city when he met Prussia's King Frederick I and his son Frederick William?
13. While retaining the Baltic lands, what did Peter allow them to keep?
(a) Lutheran culture.
(b) Episcopalian culture.
(c) Methodist culture.
(d) Catholic culture.
14. General Lewenhaupt was sent for a massive quantity of supplies, but his effort bogged down and cost the campaign of Charles XII how much time?
(c) Nearly a year.
15. After being cornered, what areas did Peter abandon that resulted in his survival and making peace with Charles XII?
(a) Azov, Poland, Tagonrog.
(b) Poland, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
(c) Azov, Poland, Slovakia.
(d) Azov, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 36 brought spring's oppressive heat, but Charles XII rejected what at this point?
2. Chapter 46 examined the rapid growth of St. Petersburg following what year?
3. Largely due to Peter Tolstoy's diplomacy, which group remained out of the Northern War?
4. Who died in 1715 after giving birth to Peter, a son?
5. Ulrika, the sister of Charles XII, assumed the throne and ordered Goertz beheaded, which left Sweden as a _________.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)