|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 45 showed Charles XII held in Adrianople for how long while Turkey and Russia concluded peace?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Twenty months.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Sixteen months.
2. With Severia lost, where did Charles XII go?
3. After Charles XII was led into a trap, what did he and his troops lose?
(a) Safe retreat.
(b) Food rations.
(c) Warm quarters.
(d) Dry gunpowder.
4. Following his stay in Adrianople, where did Charles XII race?
(a) To Pomerania.
(b) To Plath.
(c) To Pyntz.
(d) To Pollnow.
5. Who died in 1715 after giving birth to Peter, a son?
6. Unable to fight with Sweden or Britain in new "ship-of-the-line" warships, what did Peter build that could sail close to shore and swarm larger ships?
(a) Rowed catamarans.
(b) Rowed frigates.
(c) Rowed kayaks.
(d) Rowed galleys.
7. Which vast Ottoman Empire situation was surveyed in Chapter 40?
8. Where did Charles XII flee as Peter made his first disciplined infantry launch?
(a) Cossack asylum.
(b) Tatar asylum.
(c) Royal asylum.
(d) Catholic asylum.
9. While retaining the Baltic lands, what did Peter allow them to keep?
(a) Episcopalian culture.
(b) Catholic culture.
(c) Methodist culture.
(d) Lutheran culture.
10. Catherine first married Peter quietly in _______, and later, with full pomp in ________.
(a) 1705, 1706.
(b) 1709, 1710.
(c) 1711, 1712.
(d) 1707, 1708.
11. After being cornered, what areas did Peter abandon that resulted in his survival and making peace with Charles XII?
(a) Azov, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
(b) Azov, Poland, Slovakia.
(c) Poland, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
(d) Azov, Poland, Tagonrog.
12. Seeking to restore old Moscow, Charles XII takes a direct thrust at Russia's heart rather than first restoring which sea?
(a) Mediterranean Sea.
(b) Baltic Sea.
(c) Dead Sea.
(d) Red Sea.
13. Much of Charles XII's infantry wasted time on Peter's redoubts and was _________.
(a) Out of area where main battle transpires.
(b) Out of gunpowder for the main battle.
(c) Out of time for the main battle.
(d) Out of position for the main battle.
14. From where did Peter seek a mediator or ally after determining that fanatical Charles XII was certain to invade Russia?
(a) Britain, Denmark, France, Netherlands, Prussia.
(b) Britain, Denmark, Finland, Karelia, Prussia.
(c) Denmark, France, Livonia, Netherlands, Western Poland.
(d) Britain, Estonia, France, Ingria, Netherlands.
15. Peter was heading home via which city when he met Prussia's King Frederick I and his son Frederick William?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon meeting King Louis XV, Peter shocked the French by lifting him up and ___________.
2. St. Petersburg expanded from Petrograd Island onto the mainland, then downstream to where?
3. Despite people's pleas, Charles XII vowed to make which group join him or face annihilation?
4. Peter's meddling with Ahmed's restive subjects in ______was covered in Chapter 41.
5. Charles XII was impatient, but a competent Russian attack surprised him when he crossed which waterway?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)