|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which vast Ottoman Empire situation was surveyed in Chapter 40?
2. How old was Peter Petrovich when he was named heir?
3. Much of Charles XII's infantry wasted time on Peter's redoubts and was _________.
(a) Out of area where main battle transpires.
(b) Out of gunpowder for the main battle.
(c) Out of position for the main battle.
(d) Out of time for the main battle.
4. Peter was heading home via which city when he met Prussia's King Frederick I and his son Frederick William?
5. Catherine first married Peter quietly in _______, and later, with full pomp in ________.
(a) 1705, 1706.
(b) 1707, 1708.
(c) 1709, 1710.
(d) 1711, 1712.
6. After Charles XII was led into a trap, what did he and his troops lose?
(a) Warm quarters.
(b) Food rations.
(c) Dry gunpowder.
(d) Safe retreat.
7. When Afrosina provided proof of treason, what did Peter do?
(a) Ordered ecclesiastic, secular trials and sanctioned torture.
(b) Ordained the religious and beheaded Alexis.
(c) Set canonic, temporal trials and banished Alexis to a monastery.
(d) Prescribed collective trials, and sanctioned the death penalty.
8. In what location were Alexis and Afrosinia initially hidden by Emperor Charles VI?
9. In Chapter 29, where were open rebellions by Streltsy repressed?
(a) Astrakhan, Bashkirs, Don Cossacks.
(b) Bashkirs, Don Cossacks, Lipetsk.
(c) Astrakhan, Bashkirs, Lipetsk.
(d) Astrakhan, Don Cossacks, Lipetsk.
10. General Lewenhaupt was sent for a massive quantity of supplies, but his effort bogged down and cost the campaign of Charles XII how much time?
(a) Nearly a year.
11. What transpired after a broken Alexis was condemned to death?
(a) Escaped custody, returned to exile.
(b) Died before sentence is administered.
(c) Sentence commuted, exiled to monastery.
(d) Publicly admitted guilt, was forgiven.
12. On which bank did Peter's and others' mansions rise?
13. Peter was able to launch a disciplined infantry line which enveloped ________/
(a) Counter-striking Swedes.
(b) Charging Swedes.
(c) Fleeing Swedes.
(d) Retreating Swedes.
14. Peter in 1704 seized Narva and Dorpat to protect _______and restore the army's honor.
(a) St. Petersburg.
(c) .Nizhny Novgorod.
15. Upon meeting King Louis XV, Peter shocked the French by lifting him up and ___________.
(a) Holding, giving piggy-back rides.
(b) Tossing, catching him.
(c) Hugging, kissing him.
(d) Tickling, singing to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following his stay in Adrianople, where did Charles XII race?
2. Protestants sought to keep Charles XII apart from whom?
3. Peter's westward travels in 1716-1717 had the following three goals: to recover his health, to attend his niece's wedding, and to __________.
4. Charles XII hoped to ally with Hetman Mazeppa, the Cossack who had been waiting for an opportunity to win independence for ___________.
5. Charles XII was impatient, but a competent Russian attack surprised him when he crossed which waterway?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)