|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 45 showed Charles XII held in Adrianople for how long while Turkey and Russia concluded peace?
(a) Twelve months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Twenty months.
(d) Sixteen months.
2. Catherine first married Peter quietly in _______, and later, with full pomp in ________.
(a) 1707, 1708.
(b) 1705, 1706.
(c) 1711, 1712.
(d) 1709, 1710.
3. Charles XII went home to Sweden only after he took Danish Rügen. How many years had passed?
4. According to Chapter 50, what had Peter been oblivious to and curious about before Paris in 1717?
(a) Oblivious to resplendence, curious about theater.
(b) Oblivious to grandeur, curious about architecture.
(c) Oblivious to pomp, curious about museums.
(d) Oblivious to majesty, curious about everything.
5. Whom did Peter's son Alexis marry in Chapter 43?
(a) Princess Champagne.
(b) Princess Chevelle.
(c) Princess Charlotte.
(d) Princess Cecilia.
6. In Chapter 38, the Swedes were entrapped, and they convinced Charles XII to flee to what territory?
(a) Turkish territory.
(b) Lithuanian territory.
(c) Polish territory.
(d) Slovakian territory.
7. Much of Charles XII's infantry wasted time on Peter's redoubts and was _________.
(a) Out of area where main battle transpires.
(b) Out of gunpowder for the main battle.
(c) Out of position for the main battle.
(d) Out of time for the main battle.
8. How soon after Goertz went to Charles XII about having negotiated with Norway without authorization did Charles die?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Four days.
(c) One day.
(d) Seven days.
9. How old was Peter Petrovich when he was named heir?
10. Peter, unaware if St. Petersburg or Moscow was the goal of Charles XII, set for both and burned a swath how long from Smolensk to Pskov?
(a) 160 miles.
(b) 120 miles.
(c) 240 miles.
(d) 200 miles.
11. Who died in 1715 after giving birth to Peter, a son?
12. Entering Peter's world through Lefort, how did Massie describe Alexander Menshikov in Chapter 28?
(a) Fearless, edutated, dangerous.
(b) Calculating, greedy, talented.
(c) Educated, calculating, fearless.
(d) Talented, greedy, dangerous.
13. After being cornered, what areas did Peter abandon that resulted in his survival and making peace with Charles XII?
(a) Poland, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
(b) Azov, Poland, Slovakia.
(c) Azov, Poland, Tagonrog.
(d) Azov, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
14. Following his stay in Adrianople, where did Charles XII race?
(a) To Pomerania.
(b) To Plath.
(c) To Pyntz.
(d) To Pollnow.
15. What happened to Swedish prisoners of war?
(b) Made into slaves.
(c) Exchanged for Russian prisoners.
(d) Dispersed to frontiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter in 1704 seized Narva and Dorpat to protect _______and restore the army's honor.
2. With Severia lost, where did Charles XII go?
3. Who told Alexis that surrendering was his only way of marrying Afrosina?
4. Chapter 46 examined the rapid growth of St. Petersburg following what year?
5. Where did Charles XII flee as Peter made his first disciplined infantry launch?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)