|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Due to the French monarch's age, who served as Regent for Louis XV?
(a) Anthony Devier.
(b) Philippe, Duc d'Orléans.
(c) Abbé Guillaume Duboi.
(d) Charles Eugene, Duc Du Croy.
2. When Afrosina provided proof of treason, what did Peter do?
(a) Prescribed collective trials, and sanctioned the death penalty.
(b) Ordained the religious and beheaded Alexis.
(c) Ordered ecclesiastic, secular trials and sanctioned torture.
(d) Set canonic, temporal trials and banished Alexis to a monastery.
3. Whom did Peter's son Alexis marry in Chapter 43?
(a) Princess Charlotte.
(b) Princess Champagne.
(c) Princess Chevelle.
(d) Princess Cecilia.
4. Which new fleet did Peter use in Chapter 44?
5. In Chapter 51, Peter came home to handle a governmental mess and confront Tsarevich Alexis about his _________.
(a) Future parental responsibility.
(b) Future religious responsibility.
(c) Future marital responsibility.
(d) Future monarchical responsibility.
6. Despite people's pleas, Charles XII vowed to make which group join him or face annihilation?
(d) Western Pomeranians.
7. Who was the only individual who stood by Peter against William I?
(a) Frederick of Denmark.
(b) Frederick of Hesse.
(c) Frederick I of Prussia.
(d) Fredrick William of Prussia.
8. Which vast Ottoman Empire situation was surveyed in Chapter 40?
9. Russia captured Riga and _________.
10. On which bank did Peter's and others' mansions rise?
11. Peter conquered coastal Finland, invaded the Aland Islands, and seized how many ships off Cape Hangö in one summer?
12. How soon after Goertz went to Charles XII about having negotiated with Norway without authorization did Charles die?
(a) Four days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) One day.
(d) Seven days.
13. What was Peter's view of his niece's marriage?
(a) Displeased him.
(b) Withheld judgment.
(c) Pleased him.
(d) No concern.
14. Following his stay in Adrianople, where did Charles XII race?
(a) To Pollnow.
(b) To Pyntz.
(c) To Pomerania.
(d) To Plath.
15. When Peter found evidence of Alexis' whereabouts, where did Charles VI move Alexis?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Martha Skavronskaya, Peter's wife, begin bearing his children?
2. Much of Charles XII's infantry wasted time on Peter's redoubts and was _________.
3. Chapter 46 examined the rapid growth of St. Petersburg following what year?
4. Peter's meddling with Ahmed's restive subjects in ______was covered in Chapter 41.
5. In Chapter 38, the Swedes were entrapped, and they convinced Charles XII to flee to what territory?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)