|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 37 described a clash that was most effective because of Rehnskjold's failure to share what with fellow generals?
(a) Battle plans.
(b) Food supplies.
2. After Charles XII was led into a trap, what did he and his troops lose?
(a) Dry gunpowder.
(b) Safe retreat.
(c) Food rations.
(d) Warm quarters.
3. What title of Chapter 39 reflected the celebration of deliverance and foreign capitals that offered dynastic marriages and treaties?
(a) "The Fruits of Pervomaisk."
(b) "The Fruits of Pryluky."
(c) "The Fruits of Perechyn."
(d) "The Fruits of Poltava."
4. Peter engaged which philosopher to oversee administrative, educational, and legal reforms?
(a) Francis Lefort.
(b) Stanislaus Lesczynski.
(c) Adam Ludwig Lewenhaupt.
(d) Gottfried von Leibniz.
5. Who died in 1715 after giving birth to Peter, a son?
6. In Chapter 51, Peter came home to handle a governmental mess and confront Tsarevich Alexis about his _________.
(a) Future monarchical responsibility.
(b) Future religious responsibility.
(c) Future marital responsibility.
(d) Future parental responsibility.
7. What happened to Swedish prisoners of war?
(a) Dispersed to frontiers.
(b) Exchanged for Russian prisoners.
(c) Made into slaves.
8. In Chapter 33, some 35,000 Swedes were against 57,500 Russians, with how many reinforcements respectively?
(a) 110,000, 70,000.
(b) 30,000, 70,000.
(c) 70,000, 110,000.
(d) 50,000, 90,000.
9. What injury lay Charles XII up nearly dead from infection?
(d) Horse fall.
10. Chapter 45 showed Charles XII held in Adrianople for how long while Turkey and Russia concluded peace?
(a) Twenty months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Eight months.
(d) Sixteen months.
11. How was Louis XV related to Louis XIV?
(c) Great grandson.
12. In Chapter 29, where were open rebellions by Streltsy repressed?
(a) Bashkirs, Don Cossacks, Lipetsk.
(b) Astrakhan, Don Cossacks, Lipetsk.
(c) Astrakhan, Bashkirs, Don Cossacks.
(d) Astrakhan, Bashkirs, Lipetsk.
13. Much of Charles XII's infantry wasted time on Peter's redoubts and was _________.
(a) Out of gunpowder for the main battle.
(b) Out of time for the main battle.
(c) Out of area where main battle transpires.
(d) Out of position for the main battle.
14. Which vast Ottoman Empire situation was surveyed in Chapter 40?
15. Charles XII was impatient, but a competent Russian attack surprised him when he crossed which waterway?
(a) Dvina River.
(b) Vistula River.
(c) Dnieper River.
(d) Pripet River.
Short Answer Questions
1. General Lewenhaupt was sent for a massive quantity of supplies, but his effort bogged down and cost the campaign of Charles XII how much time?
2. What was Peter's view of his niece's marriage?
3. From where did Peter seek a mediator or ally after determining that fanatical Charles XII was certain to invade Russia?
4. When Peter ordered the fortress at Grodno abandoned, Charles XII was freed to invade what region?
5. Ulrika, the sister of Charles XII, assumed the throne and ordered Goertz beheaded, which left Sweden as a _________.
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)