|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Swedish prisoners of war?
(a) Made into slaves.
(c) Dispersed to frontiers.
(d) Exchanged for Russian prisoners.
2. Protestants sought to keep Charles XII apart from whom?
(a) Leopold I.
(b) Augusus II.
(d) Louis XIV.
3. General Lewenhaupt was sent for a massive quantity of supplies, but his effort bogged down and cost the campaign of Charles XII how much time?
(a) Nearly a year.
4. How was Louis XV related to Louis XIV?
(c) Great grandson.
5. When Peter found evidence of Alexis' whereabouts, where did Charles VI move Alexis?
6. How old was Peter Petrovich when he was named heir?
7. Entering Peter's world through Lefort, how did Massie describe Alexander Menshikov in Chapter 28?
(a) Educated, calculating, fearless.
(b) Calculating, greedy, talented.
(c) Fearless, edutated, dangerous.
(d) Talented, greedy, dangerous.
8. When Peter ordered the fortress at Grodno abandoned, Charles XII was freed to invade what region?
9. Peter was shown in Chapter 29 as an autocrat over the vast country which he divided into how many governorships?
10. After how long did Peter bid the Regent and King farewell?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Ten weeks.
(c) Eight weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
11. Where did Alexis finally seek asylum after originally being ordered by Peter to go to Copenhagen?
12. While his people yearned for peace, Charles XII drafted new troops, raised taxes, and was aided by Baron Georg Heinrich von Goertz in becoming what?
(a) Support, but not his brain.
(b) His voice if not his brain.
(c) His brain but not his voice.
(d) Both his voice and brain.
13. Charles XII went home to Sweden only after he took Danish Rügen. How many years had passed?
14. Peter conquered coastal Finland, invaded the Aland Islands, and seized how many ships off Cape Hangö in one summer?
15. Peter's meddling with Ahmed's restive subjects in ______was covered in Chapter 41.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the French monarch's age, who served as Regent for Louis XV?
2. Russia captured Riga and _________.
3. Whom did Peter's son Alexis marry in Chapter 43?
4. Peter in 1704 seized Narva and Dorpat to protect _______and restore the army's honor.
5. Much of Charles XII's infantry wasted time on Peter's redoubts and was _________.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)