|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Alexis finally seek asylum after originally being ordered by Peter to go to Copenhagen?
2. Peter was shown in Chapter 29 as an autocrat over the vast country which he divided into how many governorships?
3. While retaining the Baltic lands, what did Peter allow them to keep?
(a) Catholic culture.
(b) Lutheran culture.
(c) Episcopalian culture.
(d) Methodist culture.
4. From where did Peter seek a mediator or ally after determining that fanatical Charles XII was certain to invade Russia?
(a) Britain, Estonia, France, Ingria, Netherlands.
(b) Denmark, France, Livonia, Netherlands, Western Poland.
(c) Britain, Denmark, Finland, Karelia, Prussia.
(d) Britain, Denmark, France, Netherlands, Prussia.
5. Largely due to Peter Tolstoy's diplomacy, which group remained out of the Northern War?
6. After Charles XII was led into a trap, what did he and his troops lose?
(a) Warm quarters.
(b) Dry gunpowder.
(c) Food rations.
(d) Safe retreat.
7. What happened to Swedish prisoners of war?
(a) Dispersed to frontiers.
(b) Exchanged for Russian prisoners.
(d) Made into slaves.
8. Which Councillor of State controlled French foreign policy because of the age of Louis XV?
(a) Anthony Devier.
(b) Charles Eugene, Duc Du Croy.
(c) Abbé Guillaume Dubois.
(d) Philippe, Duc d'Orléans.
9. In Chapter 51, Peter came home to handle a governmental mess and confront Tsarevich Alexis about his _________.
(a) Future parental responsibility.
(b) Future marital responsibility.
(c) Future religious responsibility.
(d) Future monarchical responsibility.
10. In Chapter 33, some 35,000 Swedes were against 57,500 Russians, with how many reinforcements respectively?
(a) 50,000, 90,000.
(b) 30,000, 70,000.
(c) 110,000, 70,000.
(d) 70,000, 110,000.
11. Chapter 45 showed Charles XII held in Adrianople for how long while Turkey and Russia concluded peace?
(a) Twenty months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Sixteen months.
(d) Eight months.
12. Peter had ten redoubts built in what formation, that slowed enemy attacks?
13. Charles XII went home to Sweden only after he took Danish Rügen. How many years had passed?
14. Peter's meddling with Ahmed's restive subjects in ______was covered in Chapter 41.
15. Despite people's pleas, Charles XII vowed to make which group join him or face annihilation?
(b) Western Pomeranians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Much of Charles XII's infantry wasted time on Peter's redoubts and was _________.
2. Where did Charles XII flee as Peter made his first disciplined infantry launch?
3. How soon after Goertz went to Charles XII about having negotiated with Norway without authorization did Charles die?
4. After being cornered, what areas did Peter abandon that resulted in his survival and making peace with Charles XII?
5. General Lewenhaupt was sent for a massive quantity of supplies, but his effort bogged down and cost the campaign of Charles XII how much time?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)