|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Much of Charles XII's infantry wasted time on Peter's redoubts and was _________.
(a) Out of gunpowder for the main battle.
(b) Out of area where main battle transpires.
(c) Out of position for the main battle.
(d) Out of time for the main battle.
2. After being cornered, what areas did Peter abandon that resulted in his survival and making peace with Charles XII?
(a) Poland, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
(b) Azov, Slovakia, Tagonrog.
(c) Azov, Poland, Slovakia.
(d) Azov, Poland, Tagonrog.
3. Which vast Ottoman Empire situation was surveyed in Chapter 40?
4. Peter engaged which philosopher to oversee administrative, educational, and legal reforms?
(a) Adam Ludwig Lewenhaupt.
(b) Gottfried von Leibniz.
(c) Stanislaus Lesczynski.
(d) Francis Lefort.
5. In what location were Alexis and Afrosinia initially hidden by Emperor Charles VI?
6. General Lewenhaupt was sent for a massive quantity of supplies, but his effort bogged down and cost the campaign of Charles XII how much time?
(a) Nearly a year.
7. Russia captured Riga and _________.
8. Peter in 1704 seized Narva and Dorpat to protect _______and restore the army's honor.
(a) .Nizhny Novgorod.
(c) St. Petersburg.
9. Peter's meddling with Ahmed's restive subjects in ______was covered in Chapter 41.
10. Upon meeting King Louis XV, Peter shocked the French by lifting him up and ___________.
(a) Hugging, kissing him.
(b) Tickling, singing to him.
(c) Holding, giving piggy-back rides.
(d) Tossing, catching him.
11. Peter had ten redoubts built in what formation, that slowed enemy attacks?
12. Chapter 46 examined the rapid growth of St. Petersburg following what year?
13. From where did Peter seek a mediator or ally after determining that fanatical Charles XII was certain to invade Russia?
(a) Britain, Denmark, France, Netherlands, Prussia.
(b) Britain, Denmark, Finland, Karelia, Prussia.
(c) Denmark, France, Livonia, Netherlands, Western Poland.
(d) Britain, Estonia, France, Ingria, Netherlands.
14. In Chapter 33, some 35,000 Swedes were against 57,500 Russians, with how many reinforcements respectively?
(a) 110,000, 70,000.
(b) 70,000, 110,000.
(c) 50,000, 90,000.
(d) 30,000, 70,000.
15. In Chapter 38, the Swedes were entrapped, and they convinced Charles XII to flee to what territory?
(a) Polish territory.
(b) Turkish territory.
(c) Slovakian territory.
(d) Lithuanian territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles XII hoped to ally with Hetman Mazeppa, the Cossack who had been waiting for an opportunity to win independence for ___________.
2. In Chapter 51, Peter came home to handle a governmental mess and confront Tsarevich Alexis about his _________.
3. According to Chapter 50, what had Peter been oblivious to and curious about before Paris in 1717?
4. Although Mazeppa had run into his arms, why was Charles XII desperate?
5. Due to the French monarch's age, who served as Regent for Louis XV?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)