|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While he maintained his devotion to Orthodoxy, Peter investigated Anglicanism and was fascinated by which denomination?
2. What was William III doing in Holland when the "Great Embassy" arrived?
(a) Conducting two wars simultaneously.
(b) Preparing for a war abroad,
(c) Concluding one war, preparing for another,
(d) Concluding two separate wars,
3. In Chapter 9, Peter was shown enjoying his freedom for how many more years?
4. In what year did Peter first visit Archangel, Russia's only port near the Arctic Circle?
5. Where did Peter build an outpost that grew into the Kronstadt naval base?
(a) Bornholm Island.
(b) Gotland Island.
(c) Kotlin Island.
(d) Wolin Island.
6. Peter dealt grimly with the Streltsy after they marched _____________ to replace the absent Tsar.
(a) On Moscow.
(b) On Archangel.
(c) On Preobrazhenskoe.
(d) On Semyonovskoe.
7. How many Dutch specialists and officers did the "Great Embassy" send to Russia?
8. At what age did Peter lose his father?
9. For how many years was Anna Mons the mistress of Peter?
10. What happened to Peter's great fleet when he sent an envoy on the first Russian warship to enter the Black Sea?
(a) Sold, leaving sailors to march back.
(b) Rotted unused for lack of purpose.
(c) Relinquished as part of the truce.
(d) Engaged in future warfare service.
11. After his mother died, Peter returned to Archangel, launched a ship, almost drowned on another, and took delivery and command of a warship built where?
12. Golitsyn was responsible for what foreign policy highpoint of the Regency?
(a) Return of Kiev to Russian control.
(b) Return of Kazan to Russian control.
(c) Return of Perm to Russian control.
(d) Return of Moscow to Russian control.
13. Peter dealt harshly with robbers and beggars, especially ones who ________________.
(a) Threatened the ill or handicapped.
(b) Threatened foreigners.
(c) Threatened women.
(d) Threatened children.
14. How did Sophia use Fedor's funeral to break tradition?
(a) Mourned, raged publicly.
(b) Mourned, chanted publicly.
(c) Mourned, cried publicly.
(d) Mourned, prayed privately.
15. When did Charles XII launch his surprise campaign against Narva?
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter himself went incognito among the 250-member staff as whom?
2. Chapter 15 reflected William III, simultaneously King of England and Stadholder of Holland, as __________.
3. The "Great Embassy" was led by Lefort, two key diplomats, and ____________.
4. Whom did Peter tax after his eventual triumph at Azov?
5. The King of Poland convinced Peter to undertake a joint war against which nation?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)