1. Chapter 1 described Moscow in what period?
2. The foes that surrounded Orthodox Russia included Sweden, Poland, the Ottoman Empire, and which other enemy?
3. Tsar Alexis is described as what type of ruler?
4. When was Peter born?
May 30, 1672.
5. At what age did Peter lose his father?
6. When Fedor died in 1682 without an heir, the choice was between Peter and ____________.
Fedor's physically-challenged brother, Ivan.
7. In Chapter 3, who was Sophia?
8. Sophia surveyed the plight of women in 17th-century Russia and ______________in particular.
9. How did Sophia use Fedor's funeral to break tradition?
Mourned, raged publicly.
This section contains 4,398 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)