Short Answer Key
Part 1, Old Muscovy, Chapters 1-6
1. Chapter 1 described Moscow in what period?
2. The foes that surrounded Orthodox Russia included Sweden, Poland, the Ottoman Empire, and which other enemy?
3. Tsar Alexis is described as what type of ruler?
4. When was Peter born?
May 30, 1672.
5. At what age did Peter lose his father?
6. When Fedor died in 1682 without an heir, the choice was between Peter and ____________.
Fedor's physically-challenged brother, Ivan.
7. In Chapter 3, who was Sophia?
8. Sophia surveyed the plight of women in 17th-century Russia and ______________in particular.
9. How did Sophia use Fedor's funeral to break tradition?
Mourned, raged publicly.
10. During what year did Muscovy's soldiers believe Sophia's rumors of treachery?
11. After invading the Kremlin, for how many days did Muscovy's soldiers kill boyars?
This section contains 3,083 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)